• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
I hope Brawl+ is going to be there too, I've been playing it with Swordgard and Guard. ROB+ is too good =)
That's the spirit!

I'm not sure about coming this week. Depends if I can manage to study tomorrow night instead.

I'll bring Brawl+ if I do. Not sure what build to use though.

PLease come. You have to teach me the Lucas matchup lol

Also, if you can bring Brawl+, I'd love you even more
not. I still hate you lol

Otherwise I guess the lastest build on the Brawl+ official website from today.
Should be okay, we just played it at Dom's today. Rob is still gay, though.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I agree with Elef, I'd love to see the results.

On a somewhat unrelated note... Alopex, is there anything that could be done about possibly taking out footstools? It's a ******** mechanic that is almost as bad as tripping. Half the time a footstool is accidental and it can often lead to stupid deaths and ****ty gimps.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Elef, I'd love to see the results.

On a somewhat unrelated note... Alopex, is there anything that could be done about possibly taking out footstools? It's a ******** mechanic that is almost as bad as tripping. Half the time a footstool is accidental and it can often lead to stupid deaths and ****ty gimps.
It's like tripping in the air, I hate them too.

P.S. I still don,t see my vid on youtube, Fizzi =P

Steb

Smash Journeyman
I propose that we do a brawl+ tournament for this weekly.
I think a Brawl+ tourney would kinda alienate new people...

I still agree we do one though :). Everyone better have the same codeset. Should we use stable or nightly builds?
But then how would I do Steb's Snake Combo #2 :(?

I dunno if I can play tomorrow. I didn't really get the time to study. Plus, my mind is being destroyed by work. If there's not enough hacked Wii's, I'll just stay and study there I guess (easy test, I just want a higher grade).

Edit: going to use the May 5th nightly build of Brawl+. Everyone should use it: http://web.me.com/shane_mulligan/Brawl+_Nightly_Builds/Welcome.html

Edit again: NVM, new gecko freezing on my Wii. Bringing stable build.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, but you need the updated Gecko for nightly builds to work PROPERLY (its so messed up with the old one. Lucas dash attack no knockback, wtf).

The new gecko freezes on my Wii for some reason, and I dunno if it will on yours. I guess I'll bring the stable build :(.

Sorry for all this stupid build version confusion.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for moar Brawl+, but I don,t believe the current version(s) is/are stable enough. They probably would also alienate new people somewhat, especially since there's been a surge of them, these past few weeklies.

Also, I believe the metagame and general playing wouldn't be very representative and/or consistent. We all could use more experience, playing Brawl+ before having tournaments at the weeklies, even more so, considering this won't be the final version of the game and it's still unbalanced and unstable.

But I'd be very satisfied with vBrawl weeklies with a few Brawl+ setups, or maybe even a Brawl+ weekly, for practice, let's say, with a few Brawl+ setups.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
*Free* tournament, anyone? :D Worked pretty well last week, didn't it?
With a venue/fee entrance of 5$/7$, you called that a free tournament? :laugh:
Sorry it doesn't make much sense, it's not really free and you're already paying anyway so why not add an extra 2$ so we can have a more serious tourney. :bee:

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I think we should have an Sf4 tourney so that people who never win money at the tourney now have a chance to actually make profit. Sounds more lucrative to me.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I agree with DarkISDA; the ones requesting the 2$ tourney shouldn't be the ones likely to WIN it XD

Anyways, I'll go with the majority.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we can pretty much do anything we want, nah? i mean, yes it's a smash thing, but if people want to play other games, why should they be stopped? as long as enough set ups are there for brawl melee, then people should play whatever they want. besides, not everyone would play sf, so a small bracket would be easy to do.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
What essentially bothers me about the whole "playing other games" thing is how that forces more TVs to either switch to Doubles or wait 3-4 turns to be able to play one Single.

However, the big LCD TVs are generally not liked much, due to lag when there isn't a component cable around, so I wouldn't mind as long as the "other" games are on those.

MaritLage227

Smash Apprentice
Hay guys! I'm probably coming this week so whatever...just wondering how things will work.
I will not play Brawl +, since it ruined the broken physics of brawl that I needed to understand the game.
I've never played SF 1,2,3, or 4 so I guess I could try it.

Top Bottom