• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Every now and then, I fiddle around with various things in BrawlBox -- most attempts end up failing, though. For another skin I plan on making, I need to be able to swap polygons, since just modifying vertices isn't enough. So far, my first test worked -- transferring a piece of Snake's Cypher over to Jigglypuff (as sort of a headband, hee hee).
Bringing back the green headband? >_>

Think it's possible to bring back the blue bow next?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Bringing back the green headband? >_>

Think it's possible to bring back the blue bow next?
Well, that's not what I was intending, but it could work with some retexturing (and a little bit of reshaping).

Next thing I'm actually going to try is giving Jigglypuff Peach's crown (kinda like in Melee). Then I guess I'll try with the blue bow and (proper) green headband.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I tried making a Cyndaquil stage (which I've been planning since the original announcement of visual collision editing) but I can't get the model to resize in-game =(

supermariovb64

Smash Rookie
mamamia brawl hacking has come a long way lol:p im working on some model hacks too:) ill post some if i finish :p

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Nice stage!

Every now and then, I fiddle around with various things in BrawlBox -- most attempts end up failing, though. For another skin I plan on making, I need to be able to swap polygons, since just modifying vertices isn't enough. So far, my first test worked -- transferring a piece of Snake's Cypher over to Jigglypuff (as sort of a headband, hee hee).

Just thought that I'd show you guys that it is possible to transfer parts between models using BrawlBox (and hex editing).
Fantastic! This really broadens the horizons on editing models... Great job! I won't bother you by asking exactly how it's done just yet, but I would like to know: is it difficult to do?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Fantastic! This really broadens the horizons on editing models... Great job! I won't bother you by asking exactly how it's done just yet, but I would like to know: is it difficult to do?
It's not really difficult, actually. All I did was transfer the vertices, normals, polygons (although it seems to be very picky on what works and what won't) and UV mapping from one to the other, and filled in 0's for whatever was left over from the original. Well, and I had to reposition it so that it wouldn't be inside Jigglypuff, of course.

...and I've gotten Peach's crown on Jigglypuff now. Well, partially, anyway. There are no jewels until I can find a way to transfer those, too. (I'll take pictures of it in a little while.)

(EDIT: Et voilá.)

(Alt images 1 and 2)

There's no shine effect (since texture properties can't really be edited yet), no jewels (as I said), and the shadow still has Dawn's hat, but other than that it looks pretty good.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Since my thread got locked i'll post an update for stormy destination:

It's become stormy battlefield for now due to the fact i found multiple models for rain from distant planet so far now luck but on of them animates flawlessly i'm taking a look at why and might have it animate soon * i hope*

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Since my thread got locked i'll post an update for stormy destination:

It's become stormy battlefield for now due to the fact i found multiple models for rain from distant planet so far now luck but on of them animates flawlessly i'm taking a look at why and might have it animate soon * i hope*
If you get it working and release it, I will worship you.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice

Here's what I'm working on.
I still gotta find how to add 2D effects, like when you play in hanewbow. Sky is already blue, it's just not updated in the pic(You can't even see it well on the image, it's the black part, but whatever). Collisions are already done, thanks to Kryal's awesome program :3

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

I still gotta find how to add 2D effects, like when you play in hanewbow. Sky is already blue, it's just not updated in the pic(You can't even see it well on the image, it's the black part, but whatever). Collisions are already done, thanks to Kryal's awesome program :3
Looks nice i'll be sure to download it when it comes out

YAY FOR MY RETRO MARIOSTAGE <3

I assume it made the background 2D as well?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Holy crap, I want that crown Jigglypuff. I wonder if its possible to edit shd models for characters.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Some stage things.....

Surprisingly, Yoshi's Island was nearly complete, in terms of collision. Aside from grabable ledges.

More at my Brawlsnapshots....

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@hotdogturtle:

Number one too xD

PD: This is how my fourside project looks like now:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It's not really difficult, actually. All I did was transfer the vertices, normals, polygons (although it seems to be very picky on what works and what won't) and UV mapping from one to the other, and filled in 0's for whatever was left over from the original. Well, and I had to reposition it so that it wouldn't be inside Jigglypuff, of course.

...and I've gotten Peach's crown on Jigglypuff now. Well, partially, anyway. There are no jewels until I can find a way to transfer those, too. (I'll take pictures of it in a little while.)

(EDIT: Et voilá.)

(Alt images 1 and 2)

There's no shine effect (since texture properties can't really be edited yet), no jewels (as I said), and the shadow still has Dawn's hat, but other than that it looks pretty good.
I was thinking of tryin something like that the other day, but you really made it ^^

Would you try to put jigglypuff's green hat over pikachu?

Which stage is it going to replace? Is mushroomy kingdom without the background or a completely new stage?

You... got a UFO from somewhere? o_o
I had made it with two spheres, looks awesome, doesn't it? ;P

Mit

Smash Ace
So I have 3 options. I can use one of these backgrounds:

Or I can find a high quality version of this: http://i49.tinypic.com/161xhmp.jpg and use that as the background.

Opinions?
Is it possible to use the background from Pirate Ship? Perhaps leaving the stage stationary? I think the Wind Waker ocean and sky in the background would the most suitable option. I'm also curious, how exactly are you doing that? Are you replacing the platform in Wifi Waiting Room or something with a trophy, then making it huge?

@hotdogturtle:

Number one too xD

PD: This is how my fourside project looks like now:

This is ridiculous. I'm also curious as to how in the world you're doing this. Is this using stage-creator parts? Is it a replacement of another level still? How in the world did you just summon and then warp spheres to create a UFO? (which looks fantastic btw)

Some stage things.....

Surprisingly, Yoshi's Island was nearly complete, in terms of collision. Aside from grabable ledges.

More at my Brawlsnapshots....
Couple random questions. Is that Shadow model only possible when put over the Shadow PSA character? As in, do you achieve the pointed toes and lifted spikes by integrating them into all of the moves and animations of the character? Or is there a version of that somewhere that can replace a single costume on Sonic?

Also, where did that Yoshi's Island come from? O_o Perhaps there's more information on that at your Brawlsnapshots, but I don't really want to hunt it down. You should include a link in your sig or something.

I'm also wondering where this comes from. Is this Mushroomy Kingdom still? As in, will it still scroll through the whole level? If so, good job hacking it to hell to look like that. I'll definitely nab it if you finish it.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
This is ridiculous. I'm also curious as to how in the world you're doing this. Is this using stage-creator parts? Is it a replacement of another level still? How in the world did you just summon and then warp spheres to create a UFO? (which looks fantastic btw)
What you mean with ridiculous? O.o

I'm doing this as a wifiwaitingroom replacement, and I most use stage-creator parts

I can place them (and resize them) anywhere with a 1-frame animation

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Holy crap, I want that crown Jigglypuff. I wonder if its possible to edit shd models for characters.
I'll release it sometime later. First, I want to try to add the jewels into the crown somehow (since that's the only other thing that's missing, really), and attempt to modify the shadow model.

No, I heard it is so sensitive that just looking at it will cause a crash in-game.
Maybe, maybe not. I'll give it a shot.

I was thinking of tryin something like that the other day, but you really made it ^^

Would you try to put jigglypuff's green hat over pikachu?
Well, Jigglypuff's "Sleep" hat has bones for it, and more polygons than any of Pikachu's original hats. HOWEVER. I think I might've discovered a way to add bigger polygon groups without having to rebuild all of the MDL0's nodes...

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
@Mit:

Shadow is only achieved when the FitMotionEtc file I made is on him.

You know how Yoshi's island has a hill on the left side? Basically, I extended the boundaries and added grabbable ledges to both cliffs. The rest already had collision.

@Mewtwo 2000:

I can not WAIT to play that Fourside.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
What you mean with ridiculous? O.o

I'm doing this as a wifiwaitingroom replacement, and I most use stage-creator parts

I can place them (and resize them) anywhere with a 1-frame animation
How do you add so many models to the wifi waiting room? I thought it originally only contained about 1 or 2 models.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I fear I may be getting a bit ahead of myself, but I just realized that the models from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom are very similar to Brawl's format.

There's MegaMan's drill on Jigglypuff's head.

...Sorry, what I meant to say was "almost the same as Brawl's format". After re-arranging one of the BRRES files a bit...

(Click the image for the BRRES, if you don't believe me.)

i Fear I May Be Getting A Bit Ahead Of Myself, But I Just Realized That The Models From Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Are Very Similar To Brawl's Format.

There's Megaman's Drill On Jigglypuff's Head.

...sorry, What I Meant To Say Was "almost The Same As Brawl's Format". After Re-arranging One Of The Brres Files A Bit...

(click The Image For The Brres, If You Don't Believe Me.)
oh Wat. Ryu/megaman/viewtiful Joe For Brawl?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hi Kuro! :3

Looking good with Fourside Mewtwo! I'm guess that by the looks of it, you only have 1 more thing to add into it before it's complete. I could be wrong though. o.o

Are you planning on bringing any other Melee stages back? :3 *foaming at the mouth for a chance of revived Melee Battlefield and Final Destination*

Also, wilt...Your Shadow's spines still look like they're cracked and broken or something. Plus they're a bit too short and spiky, but I guess that's how you wanted them. I like the way that Kuro and Mastalko had theirs better though. :<

Holy ****! I got ninja'd by Viewtiful Joe! XD

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
oh Wat. Ryu/megaman/viewtiful Joe For Brawl?
If you can get it working in-game, yes. I managed to get just the drill working because I had transferred the vertices, normals, UV mapping and polygons over Jigglypuff's hat. I couldn't get Viewtiful Joe working over the Red Alloy or even as a trophy. =/

However, someone else might be able to figure it out.

(And How Come My Text Is Like This When You Quoted Me?)

ds22

Smash Lord
I fear I may be getting a bit ahead of myself, but I just realized that the models from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom are very similar to Brawl's format.

...Sorry, what I meant to say was "almost the same as Brawl's format". After re-arranging one of the BRRES files a bit...

(Click the image for the BRRES, if you don't believe me.)
How did you rearrange that?

Eldiran

Smash Lord

!!!!

You're amazing, RandomT. If you get me Zero from there, I'll love you forever. No, seriously -- I'll totally owe you any Brawl-related favor I can do.

EDIT: I was so excited I forgot to not quote giant pictures. My bad!

Top Bottom