• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Interesting. I can think of a couple more uses for this.
I'd love you forever if you posted a download link for that. There are so many things that Zelda model can be used for. :3
I'm surprised anyone's actually interested, well I've got good news and bad news

good news: Thanks to AerialX and Dantarion, the animation CAN be replaced using Riivolution, you just have to import it into a common_en.pac

bad news: This isn't just a model, a fitmotionetc.pac is needed, this was done editing bones because I suck at vertex hacks(well, I managed to vertex hack her butt so it matches her bigger legs, no I'm not a perv it's not any bigger than what seems fit)

And some of the animations aren't put together well(it's my first time doing this) and sometimes her feet go through the floor or her legs become a litter longer than normal or her feet get small, it's not too noticeable unless your going to take close-up pictures that have her lower legs in it

Basically what you see won't apply in-game without the animations, so I need to finish those first

If you're still interested despite this, I can put a download for what I have done so far

Just lemme know, and I'll keep working on it, gotta try to finish my clannad stage too though(well, FairKnight imported the stage, I'm just making a snow texture), it's done, but I'm gonna try to see if I can get the lights to move up first

I tried making Peach have pigtails, lol.

Two versions. :p Looks a bit weird but I still think it's pretty good with certain textures.
Awesome! With a little more work it could fit to look like Miku very closely

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Bad news doesn't affect me since I use a USB Loader and don't need the stupid crap of Riivolution. So no biggies. XD

Download link now please. >:

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Bad news doesn't affect me since I use a USB Loader and don't need the stupid crap of Riivolution. So no biggies. XD

Download link now please. >:
Ok just remember the fitmotionetc.pac is needed for her to look right in game, I'm going to continue editing this so I'm not gonna put it on BrawlVault until I deem it finished, so I'll just link you to a mediafire download

It's just he model file and the fitmotionetc.pac, I assume you know how to replace models on a texture but if not I can put it on one for you

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fc1551a916205ff936df4e8dca14196954f894ea8d91ca6cd6f20ee4ff677d52

One question on an unrelated subject, I remember you imported Link's illusion stab onto his Brawl+ 6.0 moveset, could you tell me how to do that so I can put it onto his Gold moveset, I just think it's a nice addition and it makes him cooler

Please tell me it's possible with just Brawlbox because I have no clue what to do with PSA(I'm still willing to try though)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
And god do you NOT want to deal with Peach's hair. It is probobly one of the most complex vertex area's on any character. I just used a short-hair model of peach found in Brawlwault. If you must know though, her hair is found in the vertex group:

Her wings are replacing Toad's model, which means I have to match up the wings with the rest of the animations on Peach. Living hell...
You clearly haven't tried Samus.

And you could always edit the the parent bone from RHaveN to BustN. Don't ask me how, but I know you can do it. Eldiran made a version of Toad that attaches to her left hand instead for me, so he knows how to do it.

And some of the animations aren't put together well(it's my first time doing this) and sometimes her feet go through the floor or her legs become a litter longer than normal or her feet get small, it's not too noticeable unless your going to take close-up pictures that have her lower legs in it.
Ah, I did that a few times back before I knew how to do scaling properly. Unless the bone will never move, you have to make the X, Y and Z scales the same to prevent random stretching, since the bones stretch in relevance to the character's pivot point, and not to the actual bone.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Guess we can't make fun of unicycles anymore...

Anyone know where I can get some SSB textures? I need them for reference. :o

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
*Opens inventory*
*Selects Megaton Hammer*

Did this on a few hours, I know it doesn't look like the megaton hammer, but I might switch the model soon. That will act like a sword replacement, as you can see, the original sword is on his back.
I might switch some attacks too...
I tried to put this over Link, but no success. I will try again later.

My next goal is...give Link a crossbow!

Hope you guys liked it.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
*Opens inventory*
*Selects Megaton Hammer*

Did this on a few hours, I know it doesn't look like the megaton hammer, but I might switch the model soon. That will act like a sword replacement, as you can see, the original sword is on his back.
I might switch some attacks too...
I tried to put this over Link, but no success. I will try again later.

My next goal is...give Link a crossbow!

Hope you guys liked it.
Words cannot describe how much epicness has just been achieved.

Now we just need one for regular Link.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I would love to see link with a cross bow that is so sweet mabey switching the hook shot on toon link with a grappaling hook would be cool as well.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Woah, I tried a simple yet awesome thing, and got very interesting results. As you can see on the below images.

Haha, I can make Link have any type of weapon by just changing the model. The offsets and rotations are the same as the hammer.
If only I could make this work on Link...

Fen__

Smash Ace
These are some pretty interesting weapons. Perhaps try doing his Skull Hammer? Also, could you link me/give me the name of that Samus model?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I already put it on his Gold moveset actually. Here ya go :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2mjy3nj2oh
Holy epicness to the MAX! Thank you!

Ah, I did that a few times back before I knew how to do scaling properly. Unless the bone will never move, you have to make the X, Y and Z scales the same to prevent random stretching, since the bones stretch in relevance to the character's pivot point, and not to the actual bone.
But if I scale the Y axis, wouldn't that make her legs too long and shoot through the floor even more?

Can you elaborate a bit, I'm confused as to how putting the same scale on the Y-Axis would help it's overall appearance.

Just a note though, I scaled her top leg positively and her lower legs and feet negatively to make it have the same size before the scaling of her top leg because it looked better that way

It's a pain because when you edit the top leg bone, it applies to the rest connected to it

But yeah if you could explain more that would help, I'm still gonna work on it... just not until wednesday, that's when my finals are over, I have 2 tomorrow, I shouldn't even be online lol

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
lol, I still remember doing that texture... good times, good times.

Back on topic: so if all this awesomeness is possible on Toon Link, why not Link?
It is possible, but I'm having problems, lol. The models I switch doesn't show up. I'm trying to fix it as we speak.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord

I realize this isn't a lot, but I've been working on it on and off all day, so yeah...

Textures are just placeholders for now. I need to make some minor adjustments to it(mainly just moving the back part further back, perhaps shrink it some as well seeing as it is a tad bit too long). This is going to be a big surprise when I'm done. ;D

EDIT: Also, can someone explain to me the process of adding more models to a .brres file again? I'm doing this over Wi-Fi Waiting Room and I'm going to need waaaaaay more than 12 models to do this.

Roo525

Smash Ace
:laugh: Heh, it's not going to have anything to do with LoZ at all. I haven't even finished the basic structure(which is the easy part) yet.
I'm not sure whether to be sad about that or not, due to the fact I dont know what it's going to be. :p

Master Hax

Smash Rookie
Woah, I tried a simple yet awesome thing, and got very interesting results. As you can see on the below images.

*sword image 1*
*sword image 2*
*sword image 3*

Haha, I can make Link have any type of weapon by just changing the model. The offsets and rotations are the same as the hammer.
If only I could make this work on Link...
uh... download link?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
But if I scale the Y axis, wouldn't that make her legs too long and shoot through the floor even more?

Can you elaborate a bit, I'm confused as to how putting the same scale on the Y-Axis would help it's overall appearance.

Just a note though, I scaled her top leg positively and her lower legs and feet negatively to make it have the same size before the scaling of her top leg because it looked better that way

It's a pain because when you edit the top leg bone, it applies to the rest connected to it

But yeah if you could explain more that would help, I'm still gonna work on it... just not until wednesday, that's when my finals are over, I have 2 tomorrow, I shouldn't even be online lol
Translations, my good man. Like I did with this one:

For example, his knees are 1.3 as opposed to 1. This does make them stick into the ground, but, if you just move the bone up, that fixes the problem completely.

The only problem is, if you move it too far up, the vertices may scrunch up a bit.

The only time you can stretch only one or two axes without distortion is if the bone doesn't move.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Translations, my good man. Like I did with this one:

For example, his knees are 1.3 as opposed to 1. This does make them stick into the ground, but, if you just move the bone up, that fixes the problem completely.

The only problem is, if you move it too far up, the vertices may scrunch up a bit.

The only time you can stretch only one or two axes without distortion is if the bone doesn't move.
WOW that model is VERY good

And thanks for the info, it's just kinda hard to tell if the feet go through the ground in BrawlBox but there must be some way to tell so I'll look for it

Also, if I'm de-scaling(negatively scaling) the lower part of her legs and feet, does that mean I should move those up independently too, like move her knees up a bit and then move her feet up a bit too?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'm not sure whether to be sad about that or not, due to the fact I dont know what it's going to be. :p
Let's just say it'll be nostalgic. ;)

Razanak, that Link is epic. I would totally main Link if he looked like that in game.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
WOW that model is VERY good

And thanks for the info, it's just kinda hard to tell if the feet go through the ground in BrawlBox but there must be some way to tell so I'll look for it

Also, if I'm de-scaling(negatively scaling) the lower part of her legs and feet, does that mean I should move those up independently too, like move her knees up a bit and then move her feet up a bit too?
Turn on the floor.

Let's just say it'll be nostalgic. ;)

Razanak, that Link is epic. I would totally main Link if he looked like that in game.
That's one of my side projects. I don't know if I'll ever finish it, though.

EDIT: 400 BABIES POSTS!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Is this referencing a previous post? If not, can you give more details about the process you went through?
Oh, not really, but what I did was just replacing Mewtwo_2000's Captain Puff's helmet with mine, and I planned on crediting him. I used his model because he vertex hacked the ears and that saved me some work. I re-sized the model to 50, 55, and 50 (X, Y, Z respectively), because the original helmet was too small.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Is it really not showing? Or it is in the 0,0,0 position of the stage? Or inside jiggly? Just check it out :p

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Is it really not showing? Or it is in the 0,0,0 position of the stage? Or inside jiggly? Just check it out :p
Well, I looked everywhere and could not find it, unless I'm blind. o_o

Want me to send you the file? I also planned on making three recolors, where one is a vertex hack of the helmet, and Jigglypuff will be recolored to fit with the helmet's color scheme.

Top Bottom