• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I wonder if mario super sluggers has a obj file that could really help out the bowser jr project if some one would be able to find the brush
About that... No game uses OBJ files. It's just a format that 3D modelling programs such as 3DS Max uses. But, now that I realized that Dolphin 2.0 works with 3D Ripper DX, I could get the Super Sluggers paintbrush... or I could reacquire the one from Power Tennis, which looks the most like the one from Super Mario Sunshine.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
PLEASE RTB !

can you rip for me the SSBM falco model ?

i want to make a real one like MK64n did with ganon and mewtwo (morpher)

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
About that... No game uses OBJ files. It's just a format that 3D modelling programs such as 3DS Max uses. But, now that I realized that Dolphin 2.0 works with 3D Ripper DX, I could get the Super Sluggers paintbrush... or I could reacquire the one from Power Tennis, which looks the most like the one from Super Mario Sunshine.
that is a good idea but the problem is intrepid said that the project will be temporarily dead but i wonder if this would influence people to start working again

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I wonder if mario super sluggers has a obj file that could really help out the bowser jr project if some one would be able to find the brush
that is a great idea
wonderful *w*
PLEASE RTB !

what happened if we use pichu?

GameWatching

Smash Ace
i hate the Obj format :/

i don't know why :/

it's frustrating,

maybe because i had with them bad memories with Game Maker

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I was planning on making a Pichu conform morph using Pikachu, but like GameWatching, I am without a Pichu model

ds22

Smash Lord
I noticed that all the new models imported with the .obj import method have a use amount of vertices and faces, which make them big in file size and almost impossible to use except for stage purposes (probably because it takes with it the vertices and faces from the original stage with it).
And therefor, I still can't give Sora Pit the real Keyblade.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
GAH! this is so frustraitng! I can't figure out a way to make the file size smaller!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, I really need to know how he did that Mewtwo, so I can make Zero on Link. Each time I try vertex hacking Link, it fails on my part (WIth the new method). >_>

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
PLEASE RTB !

I'll get one for you in a few hours. I'm gonna be away for a bit.

I noticed that all the new models imported with the .obj import method have a use amount of vertices and faces, which make them big in file size and almost impossible to use except for stage purposes (probably because it takes with it the vertices and faces from the original stage with it).
And therefor, I still can't give Sora Pit the real Keyblade.
Yeah, I noticed that. What the SZS Modifier seems to do is that it uses the largest polygon group when you import, and just zeroes out all the rest of them. So, it seems to do the job for stages, but it just won't work for characters or items...

ds22

Smash Lord
There is already a Sora vertex over Pit which looks pretty good (I suck in vertex hacking) and the new imported models only have one bone, so they can't be animated.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
well it would be like any model you can eaither animate it or you could use the new vertex process like mariokart and morph pit into sora
Yea lets do that.. As long as sora has his awsome pants and stuff IDC.. Mariokart if your taking requests that would be an awsome one right there

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Okay, I've seen the Melee Ganondorf and Mewtwo and herd someone is working on doing Pichu but...no one cars for Doc and Young Link anymore?
Also someone should do Roy and maybe the old Link and Zelda?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Okay, I've seen the Melee Ganondorf and Mewtwo and herd someone is working on doing Pichu but...no one cars for Doc and Young Link anymore?
It could be a complete melee takeover... That would rock so hard.... It really would...

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well doc it's hard to improve on but it can just not needed as much as someone like mewtwo, young link there is someone working on a new type of young link but not exactly like the old 1, i like the new roy being 1 slot but there is always room for improvement, a complete melee take over would be neat but i think it would be too much time put in for just an appearence, some people are like why would you want the fallen 5 back, well that's obvious, why would you want the old look, not so obvious

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
well doc it's hard to improve on but it can just not needed as much as someone like mewtwo, young link there is someone working on a new type of young link but not exactly like the old 1, i like the new roy being 1 slot but there is always room for improvement, a complete melee take over would be neat but i think it would be too much time put in for just an appearence, some people are like why would you want the fallen 5 back, well that's obvious, why would you want the old look, not so obvious
Lemme rephrase what I was saying when I meant complete melee takeover I meant the Fallen 5 sorry if you thought I meant everyone I dinit mean to say every texture and such from the game.. Although a melee like Menu thing would be pretty tight.. Anyway for anyone who got mad at that if anyone did im sorry bout that

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I'm working on Doc :p check the thread lol.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
Great Stage Pikazz
Your discovery of importing .obj files into brawl shoud bring out some impressive stage hacks.
And if i'm understanding it correcty, there is no possible way to reduce the file size of a .obj file if its too complex? For example: The Keyblade

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU DID IT! i use wings 3d and i would LOVE to make some "interesting" stages if you will, and this will probably help me out on making well, items for brawl, wouldn't it be best to make an actual Soule Edge for Nightmare Ganon?

GameWatching

Smash Ace
GUYS !
Brinstar Depth will be my last SSBB hack :

i will stop SSBB hacking after !

btw, where can i post the SMG/2 Ripping tutorial ?

Top Bottom