• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@TommoPuppy

Well, Zero Suit Samus can look a lot like Roll through editing the bones and vertex hacking her. For example, look at how Mariokart64n made Mewtwo on Lucario. With enough work, she could look exactly like her. Besides, Zero Suit Samus has enough vertex points to have the small dress I was talking about.

@johnovision160

Not possible, sorry. RandomTBush already stated that he worked on one certain Jigglypuff model to make it work, so this only works on that certain slot, meaning it doesn't work on any other Jigglypuff slots, or any other characters.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Obviously I don't have the talent to do all that completely unnecessary work, and while ZSS has the vertex points, she doesn't have the bones, so out of personal preference I'd prefer to use Peach and her flowing dress. Why are you so strongly supporting me undoing all my work on a character that looks a million times more like Roll to do it over Zero Suit Samus? If you so badly want it over her, do it yourself. Meanwhile, I'm going to resume making both MM8 and normal Roll over Peach.

Matteron

Smash Ace
@bigsharkz
The certain Higgs model is the green sleep hat because that is the only one with a separate model. So it should work with other characters.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Did you mean to say Higgs instead of Jiggs? Because I certainly remember Higgs. And yeah, since it's a seperate model, you could replace a Kirby hat or even one of his articles/effects, then just PSA it onto his head. I mean, people have done it the other way around and ported Kirby hats to Sleep Hat Jigglypuff.

Also, sorry about my excessive posting all over the forum. It's 5:30am and I'm procrastinating bed.

Matteron

Smash Ace
yes I mean jiggs, sorry I was typing on an iphone before. But anyway, you could replace a kirby hat, like the mario/luigi one of lucario one.

johnovision160

Smash Cadet
@Matteron
Hey Matt, Could you possible show me how to Put the mining hat on Kirby head by any chance? or even direct me to someone who could help me please?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Get the desired files
Brawlbox
Open file 1
Export desired model
Open file 2
Import model over whatever you're replacing
Test ingame
Report here for your next instruction.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm confused, why are people still trying to figure this out? Y'know, considering we already did. Like, months ago.
Well, there is the other part of the grab glitch some models like Lloyd have. Their polygons don't explode all over the screen, but they go upwards while in a throw animation.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Zero Suit Samus looks nothing like Roll. At least Peach has the right proportions and demeanour, not to mention she has similar ANIME HAIR to the MM8 Roll (but not classic Roll, but even still, it's similar.)
Unless you're talking about the one from the old Ruby-Spears cartoon. In that case, Zero Suit Samus does look like Roll. :V

Anyhoo, I'll make a variation of the mining light hat for Kirby later on either today or tomorrow, whenever I get the chance. Won't be too hard, I would imagine, since it's a separate model already.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm having some issues double patching something that I got to work last time. I may be missing something that messes the results. Anyone wants to do some remote assistance and help me with it?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Well, there is the other part of the grab glitch some models like Lloyd have. Their polygons don't explode all over the screen, but they go upwards while in a throw animation.
Holy crap, someone actually noticed my comment? That's new.

Anyway, onto the point of this visit. I'm not going to be posting here nearly as often, if at all, and none of those posts with contain previews and updates on whatever I'm working on. Why? Because, I really just don't want to. Considering my feedback and questions are ignored on a regular basis, I'm just going to keep things to myself unless speaking to someone directly either through PMs or MSN.

kthnxbai.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
That's easily fixed. I just forgot if you can use animations or if you're stuck with a vertex hack to move the entire thing. Either way, simple. As for the textures, you just need to move them over with the model too, which is slightly more complicated as you have to delete and add things to keep it within the file size.

Also, I KNEW you were making Goombella. XD I would have personally ported Goomba's model over Jigglypuff instead, but that might not actually work. At all.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
We're not comparing you to Pik though, and even if we were, you're still an excellent vertexer. A lot better than me, may I say. It's not easy to do the stuff you've been doing.

Oh, and I did ask you a question a few pages back. Did you say you had trouble making DAEs with AIS?

Top Bottom