• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
I think its because he has a lot going for him. Or I think he said he wanted to wait for the other swords and shields to come out so he can make it a pack

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
As for the Servbot, I'll try and mess around with the version you sent me, altough I think we have the same results (I didn't see him in the middle of the stage, and my textures work fine, though).
My textures work fine too in the one that I sent you. That screenshot was from my first try at importing it, lol. I would have posted a newer screenshot but I didn't have one, and since my Wii is broken I can't just go and take one.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure it's an issue with the bones and bone structure. You might have to do some major hexing. Also, if you want, I can send you the other Servbot model from TvC too if you want to mess with that, though it's pretty much the same. Just different face textures.

Also, I totally thought you were going to seperate the eye textures when you were done editing Tron's model. Do you want me to help you out with that?

EDIT:

I don't know what I'm going to do about changing the shape of her face. It's so detailed :/

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Also, I totally thought you were going to seperate the eye textures when you were done editing Tron's model. Do you want me to help you out with that?
That's what I wanted to do, but honestly, it didn't look good seeing her eyes move and all. I prefer how it is right now, and when she gets hurt, she has angry eyes. It could have not been possible if the iris was there.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
That's what I wanted to do, but honestly, it didn't look good seeing her eyes move and all. I prefer how it is right now, and when she gets hurt, she has angry eyes. It could have not been possible if the iris was there.
Yes it could have, because you can still give her non-transparent eyelids for her hurt eyes only. :p Some of DAO's texture hacks do that.

GameWatching

Smash Ace

first hack using that StarWaffles fixing method !
it's 5% done !

i think that if i rename specific bones,
there won't be problems with the animation !

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Wow. I'm having issues with the morphing methods since the model I'm trying to use as the target morph isn't T-stanced the same way as Brawl's models.
Can anyone help me with this issue??

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I really need to get the MarioKartStarWaffle method working, because even using DasDonkey Box 2 still has an element of modelling blind, because you can't see the textures when editing the model.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Looks like everyone's got something cool to show off lately.

Speaking of which... :3

The plume of fire appears at regular intervals, and I plan to add in some more stuff to make it more interesting. And yes, the lava is just aesthetic. For the most part, the stage is static.
That's so awesome, Razanak!! What does it look like in game, mid match? Can you post screenshots of a game pause where the you can see what the BG looks like as you fight?

Really neat! I'd love to see some of your original maps make it into Project Melee! :D Have you made many others? I'm new to this thread.

P.S. yo ushould apply to Project Melee!! :D

Almost done, expect a release soon.

Thank you, I had no idea. I was just under the impression that using a simpler and more convenient method would be better, my mistake.
Again... this looks frigging bad *** so far!! Is this done? Does it have anything to do with the map quoted above? I'd love to see how this is going!! What does it look like mid-match?

maybe later today 0.0

That's frigging sick!! So cool! Does the vertex hack mess with hitboxes?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Dan_X, that stage in your 2nd quote has been released. Check Elite Smash Hackers.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That's so awesome, Razanak!! What does it look like in game, mid match? Can you post screenshots of a game pause where the you can see what the BG looks like as you fight?

Really neat! I'd love to see some of your original maps make it into Project Melee! :D Have you made many others? I'm new to this thread.

P.S. yo ushould apply to Project Melee!! :D

Again... this looks frigging bad *** so far!! Is this done? Does it have anything to do with the map quoted above? I'd love to see how this is going!! What does it look like mid-match
Both of those are in-game shots, and the second (as was already said) was released a little while ago. And actually, the two stages are related:

Core Reactor (an original creation/the unreleased one) is a generic heat-powered station. However, the lapsing maintenance program resulted in severe instability, leading to a frantic escape through a giant shaft. Hence begins Magma Shaft.

I love short and unnecessary backstories.

Also, whatever Project Melee is, I really don't have the time to add another commitment to my already abundant arsenal.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Things are finally starting to make sense...

Turns out, come characters can screw with the lighting of stages, specifically how it acts upon Stage Builder pieces, if they are used. This occurred with both my Core Reactor and Clock Tower stages. I can't tell why this is, but I have deduced that Toon Link screws up Clock Tower, which goes over Eldin. Whether it's the stage itself or the fact that it goes over Eldin is also unknown.

So yeah, just a heads-up to anyone planning to use the Stage Builder pieces in their stages.

That being said... anyone know of a good square piece?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Update on Core Reactor; I changed some things around after removing the Stage Builder parts (due to the lighting glitch) and replaced them with two Pokemon Stadium platforms. I also had to remove the Landmaster for the sake of file size.

I moved the two Pleiades and SMI towers, as well as added some more bar floors for the background to get ready for the additional platforms and such. I know the ships are really obnoxiously bright, but that is fixed very easily. Hopefully I'll have enough room to add in some ships like I used in Magma Shaft.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That stage looked great, until I noticed those tiny specks that I assume are characters. What's the point of making a stage so big that you won't be able to see 90% of it ingame?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That stage looked great, until I noticed those tiny specks that I assume are characters. What's the point of making a stage so big that you won't be able to see 90% of it ingame?
You can see the whole thing just fine. I zoomed out so everything, including the giant pool of lava filling the whole stage, could be seen very clearly.

Razanak7

Smash Ace

I put in just about everything I planned to, but since I've pretty much hit the size limit, I had to nix a few things. But, I got the important things together, so it's all good.

I chose this view to show what parts of the background can be seen clearly (as this was a concern for at least one of you), so here's the majority of it. I was going to have the background more centralized, but I didn't want to have everything crammed into one place. I think this spread out design fixed that.

Also, if someone has any ideas for music, that would help. I have enough already, but I have the feeling there's better songs out there.

humble

Smash Ace
Razanak, it's looking great, nice job so far!

I'd ask that you emphasize the floor a bit more though- it's a bit difficult to see, and with such an energetic background, you should bring the focus just a bit more to the forefront, and make it a bit easier to see the stage you are fighting on. It'd be good if you could flatten the ground so that the troughs they are standing in don't stick up at the edges, and the center mesh part of the stage was level with the two edge parts then.

As you've said, the lighting on the two ships, also, I'd suggest changing the strips on the back from a blue to a fiery orange (to match the stage) and, if possible, keep the jets and those strips just as bright, and shift just the white, metal parts of the ships into the background (if you can't, it doesn't really matter.)

The green base of the stage itself doesn't match the environment, and you should texture it to match the surrounding elements- the green is ill fitting in the lighting and stage anyway.

The last comment I have, is that the flying ship looks extremely out of place, and is a bizarre piece that sticks out like a sore thumb. The entire stage is fairly cohesive and thematic, and that ship is the sole piece that doesn't belong.

I saw that you plan to add a pillar of flames inside the reactor; just a suggestion, but it might be interesting to color the fire to be green, and give it a sort of radioactive glow- I suppose it's ludicrous to ask, but if you could change the lighting of the stage to glow when the fire appears, it would certainly make it more imposing, and it would give it an almost foreboding presence.

Anyways, it's looking great, I can't wait to see it released!
Then PLEASE work on the boss pack, I want to play against the bosses so bad! ; n;

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I'd ask that you emphasize the floor a bit more though- it's a bit difficult to see, and with such an energetic background, you should bring the focus just a bit more to the forefront, and make it a bit easier to see the stage you are fighting on. It'd be good if you could flatten the ground so that the troughs they are standing in don't stick up at the edges, and the center mesh part of the stage was level with the two edge parts then.

As you've said, the lighting on the two ships, also, I'd suggest changing the strips on the back from a blue to a fiery orange (to match the stage) and, if possible, keep the jets and those strips just as bright, and shift just the white, metal parts of the ships into the background (if you can't, it doesn't really matter.)

The green base of the stage itself doesn't match the environment, and you should texture it to match the surrounding elements- the green is ill fitting in the lighting and stage anyway.

The last comment I have, is that the flying ship looks extremely out of place, and is a bizarre piece that sticks out like a sore thumb. The entire stage is fairly cohesive and thematic, and that ship is the sole piece that doesn't belong.

I saw that you plan to add a pillar of flames inside the reactor; just a suggestion, but it might be interesting to color the fire to be green, and give it a sort of radioactive glow- I suppose it's ludicrous to ask, but if you could change the lighting of the stage to glow when the fire appears, it would certainly make it more imposing, and it would give it an almost foreboding presence.

Anyways, it's looking great, I can't wait to see it released!
Then PLEASE work on the boss pack, I want to play against the bosses so bad! ; n;
Keep in mind that I haven't done any texturing so far at all (aside from the ship), so I don't expect anything to fit together. That covers pretty much all of that, so moving on.

The colour of the fire can't be changed, so I'm stuck with red and orange.

As for the edges, that would pose a problem. I'm almost out of room (data space-wise) and the only simple rectangular pieces I know of are the Stage Builder pieces, and I explained a page or two ago why those won't work. And, to be honest, I'm not a fan of perfectly flat stages.

In regards to the ship, it's not totally necessary, but it's a big part of the setting. Considering the stage is directly related to Magma Shaft, which uses that ship, it makes sense that be present for this one.

So as a whole... pretty much all of that was already on my to-do list. :laugh:

And finally, the boss pack. After this stage is done, I plan to assemble a team (me working with a team!? Travesty!) to divide up the work. Of course, for the sake of quality, I'll need examples of each person's work to make sure the pack isn't just adding to the already massive list of insultingly bad "projects" thrown together in a day and a half and then left unfinished for all eternity.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
If the fire has no textures, then it must have CLR0s, just edit those.
It has no CLR0s.

EDIT: speaking of colour... the lighting glitched again. Now the Lylat Cruise ships are almost black on the right side, likewise with the Rainbow Cruise ship, and the lava actually is black. The only connection I can draw is it happened when I was editing the textures. Not even anything complicated though, just replacing the old with the new. That, and parts of the Pokemon Stadium platform glow blue now. 0_o

If anyone has an idea, let me know ASAP. I am NOT letting this project slip away when it's so close to completion.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Make sure that all the textures are in ONE TextureData[0] . Multiple texturedatas seem to work but glitch the textures that are in the other texturedatas.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hmmm, did you edit anything in the models themselves, IE: the numbers in the lower left corner in the preview window? It also might be your SceneData.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Hmmm, did you edit anything in the models themselves, IE: the numbers in the lower left corner in the preview window? It also might be your SceneData.
Oddly enough, the Lylat Cruise ship and lava are pretty much the only things I didn't edit, as far as affecting the actual model. Well, I guess the Scene Data could make sense. I'm currently using Norfair's, if that means anything significant. I would rather not change it if possible, since it's the perfect lighting for what I was going for.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
@Razanak are there going to be any platforms on the stage? Or lava that shoots at you?

For music(My suggestions)

Lava Dead Beat(DKC2):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XUstWHq-54

Magmoor Caverns(MP):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQCZIb0fbt8

Crisis City - The Flame(Sonic06):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eClgDAnRibc

Crisis City - Whirlwind(Sonic06):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pUHW-jXPeE

Lava Shelter (ShadowTH):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4l4uVC957s

Maybe this if you edit out the stupid parts
Planet Namek Destruction (DBZ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tBloHW2HDk&p=528F3670EE1DEB0B&playnext=1&index=6

Razanak7

Smash Ace
@Razanak are there going to be any platforms on the stage? Or lava that shoots at you?

For music(My suggestions)
There might be platforms, but no lava projectiles. There was going to be, since I originally planned to make it over Norfair. But I decided to go with a purely aesthetic effect.

As for the music, I already have enough songs, but those are good suggestions. Some are a bit too intense for the atmosphere of the stage, but I'll think about it.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
There might be platforms, but no lava projectiles. There was going to be, since I originally planned to make it over Norfair. But I decided to go with a purely aesthetic effect.

As for the music, I already have enough songs, but those are good suggestions. Some are a bit too intense for the atmosphere of the stage, but I'll think about it.
Ok I was just asking because I'm getting a little tired of flat stages with non-interacting backgrounds, if you add platforms at least then I'm definitely going to use this. It would be cool to have another version where the lava does rise and shoot at you like Norfair for people that like the interactive backgrounds.

Top Bottom