• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

guess who i'm working on =o

i havnt touched the body yet, just the head. was it ever frustrating flatening everything out D=<

i'll have to size mod him too, atm hea the same size as pikachu.... with a giant head

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hm, seems like I'm gonna need more than just "double-patching".

Arms and legs are (mostly) fixed, ears and curl have gone all strange on me. But Bandage Girl-Jigglypuff's getting closer to completion.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
That Ganon looks amazing so far Razanak. :bee:

And although you've probably answered this before, do the bosses need to be played by a computer or can they be played by another player?

Edit: On a completely different subject, this made me facepalm.

Roo525

Smash Ace

And although you've probably answered this before, do the bosses need to be played by a computer or can they be played by another player?

Edit: On a completely different subject, this made me facepalm.
THATS why we need a comment system...

Razanak7

Smash Ace
^Awesome :bee:

myself have something to show up :
(Morton, I think?)
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been done before. No love for koopas?

THATS why we need a comment system...
I concur.

Both. In some cases, it would be better to use another player since some of the moves might be beyond the AI's comprehension, like how almost all of the bosses use the crouch as an attack to be used in conjunction with the down tilt.

For example, crouching will make Ganon hold a ball of electricity above his head. Doing a down tilt releases the attack. Let go of the control stick to cancel, keep holding it to do the attack again. Because this move is so powerful, it does user-damage to prevent it from being overused. Which it easily could otherwise.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Razanak, if you keep adding more and more characters this piece of epic pie will NEVER be finished. D:

Also, to fight them, do you have to choose them on the CSS. or go to boss battles mode?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Razanak, if you keep adding more and more characters this piece of epic pie will NEVER be finished. D:

Also, to fight them, do you have to choose them on the CSS. or go to boss battles mode?
On the contrary, I've been making progress on all of them. Some more than others, but my point still stands.

And they do not replace actual bosses. That's isn't possible. Too bad it's not, though.

... Except I wouldn't be able to test anything then, since my piece o' crap Wii decided to break Boss Battles now. I should go count just how much I can't use anymore.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Both. In some cases, it would be better to use another player since some of the moves might be beyond the AI's comprehension, like how almost all of the bosses use the crouch as an attack to be used in conjunction with the down tilt.

For example, crouching will make Ganon hold a ball of electricity above his head. Doing a down tilt releases the attack. Let go of the control stick to cancel, keep holding it to do the attack again. Because this move is so powerful, it does user-damage to prevent it from being overused. Which it easily could otherwise.
This just made me twice as pumped for majora, but I assume he goes over toon link? :(
Ah well, still plenty of other bosses.

Dangit project Geno, you better make progress soon or I swear.....

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Doesn't mean you can't change the UV mapping or just use some left-over verticies to make the star.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Doesn't mean you can't change the UV mapping or just use some left-over verticies to make the star.
For some characters (mainly the ones with perfectly symmetrical bodies), it is impossible for now, because the polygons all link to the same UV point, so changing one will make the other change as well.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
he's done

however, i m finding srs issues in exporting it...
Bowser Jr should be worse :c

Bowser was one of the most troublesome characters to export for Gengar =[ he said it took him like all day.

Also: I'd like to start a petition against shadow the hedgehog textures on brawlvault.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
i can't pass a hole day exporting it :c
plus, i can't make DAE, it's my friends via MSN who do !

anyway,
i'll try him lately.

and i making someonebut i forgot his name (?)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
O_O
These hacks keep getting awesomer and awesomer.

My avatar explains it all.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
^That's awesome :bee:
i just think that his mouth is too far from it's actual postion

btw,
if i continue to patch my Morton model ('cause i got nothing from your method IMO)
will it work ?
cause i have a problem with the jaw , and normally, it should be exported fine :c

and a revamp would be fine >_>

Razanak7

Smash Ace
It seems the current count for members of the Boss Pack stands at 9. Since I would like to round it off to an even 10, I'm considering the addition of one more character. But I would like to point out that it will be the final addition and there will be no chance of any more after that.

Until I change my mind, because we all know I will. >_>

Anyway, at the moment, I have three in mind. Well, two, since one of them would be over Bowser, and with Draygon and Golem Bowser already in, I think he has enough. Soooooo... the other two!

Mewtwo and Lavos. Mewtwo has a bit of an advantage, since I know a lot more about him, already have a model, and I would like a Pokemon boss included. Lavos, on the other hand, is more... unique, I suppose. I really don't know anything about him (And if someone spoils anything, I will take you down).

But I digress. While I wait on Calamitas for the updated Ganon model, I'll be taking suggestions for the final member. Keep in mind the character doesn't have to be popular or anything like that, as long as it has reasonable potential for a moveset and is possible to create within the restrictions Brawl grants us.

For example, projectiles are pretty much guaranteed impossible, unless the base character has one almost identical, or I can get a hold of someone that knows how to edit them properly. Also note that making some characters may be easier than you think; after all, look at the others I've made. Hell, if it weren't for the whole Bowser thing, I would add Metroid Prime since I already have a model for it over Giga.

Okay, wall-o-text almost over. Suggestions are welcome, avoid projectiles, blah blah blah... k, I'm done.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm also thinking about replacing ROB Rocket with some sort of stationary turret. I don't really want to, but considering how it would have to be fought, trying to program it in would prove to be an excessive challenge. Besides, the new one would do pretty much all the same things the old one did. It just won't be flying.

Who knows, maybe I can even incorporate the rocket into its moveset.

Top Bottom