• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Her hair does patch, it just takes a looooooooong time ._.
And I'm very impatient, so :3

Speaking of which, I kinda need some help, so I'll ask again.
There's something I really need to ask. Does the version of AiS that came with MarioKart64n's method work with DasDonkey Vertex Box 2.2 like AiS 0.1.1 (the texture-less one that came with DDVB) does? Or does it have problems? I ask because I seem to have gotten more problems patching since I started using it, but I haven't actually done anything serious with it, so I'm not sure.
Because now my Metool isn't patching anymore, and I was able to patch these parts before, so now I don't know what to do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I kind of wish that a Gardevoir vertex would be possible on Peach, but it may not work right, considering that the eye lids are separate vertices.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I finished drawing Prince Peach. The scanner is allll thheee waaayyy downstairs, if enough people show interest, I guess I could scan it. And if all goes well, I guess I could make it. Let me know if you're interested.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well I know his mk64n's ais works. If you use clean files, like an original pac is one directly from the disk (or online archive) you eliminate problems. apply all vertexes to a clean mdl0, vertex set, or whatever else to get rid of any thing "not working" however I just belive to have a difficult to patch object.

as I've explained plenty of times, some stuff just doesnt go through the patches. for most all my stuff, I manual move verticies to their post morpher state which eradicates any problems the morpher has when you get crazy axis stuff whenever you do stuff, except for certain parallel parts that still require double patching for easy fixin.

libertyernie

Smash Ace

I can edit the SSS now! It's the model MenSelchrPos in MiscData[80] in sc_selmap_en. There are bones for each icon.

Edit the frame X+2 in the animation MenSelmapPos_TopN_0, where X is the number of icons. The programmers were a bit sloppy with their numbers; many of the X and Y translations are close to, but not exactly, nice round values.
The bone pos(X+1) where X is the number of icons (in other words, the first one that isn't an icon being used) should have X translation about 29 and Y translation -19.1. I don't know what this controls.

It IS possible to rotate icons in the X, Y or Z axis. I did this by accident with the Halberd and Fourside icons in the pics above.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Major hype indeed. Does this mean that we can make a custom SSS arrangement through the files rather than codes? Or does this just mean we can make extra stage icons for the SSS expansion?

KTH

Smash Apprentice

I can edit the SSS now! It's the model MenSelchrPos in MiscData[80] in sc_selmap_en. There are bones for each icon.

Edit the frame X+2 in the animation MenSelmapPos_TopN_0, where X is the number of icons. The programmers were a bit sloppy with their numbers; many of the X and Y translations are close to, but not exactly, nice round values.
The bone pos(X+1) where X is the number of icons (in other words, the first one that isn't an icon being used) should have X translation about 29 and Y translation -19.1. I don't know what this controls.

It IS possible to rotate icons in the X, Y or Z axis. I did this by accident with the Halberd and Fourside icons in the pics above.
OMG! It's so epic.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call it new, since it's the exact same as editing the CSS.

But anyway, now that I have almost every boss ready to go, I need to pick one to start off with. I'm leaning toward Bongo Bongo because of how easy he is to animate, and the overall simplicity of his moves.

That being said, I'm looking to add some creativity to the movesets, like adding new moves and such; Bongo now has an Other-M-Phantoon-esque eye beam, for example.

It also might not be long before that last sexy new addition is revealed, along with Super Dimentio's replacement. That one just needs a texture to be technically ready, but a model is in the works too.

Also, Geemer.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Major hype indeed. Does this mean that we can make a custom SSS arrangement through the files rather than codes? Or does this just mean we can make extra stage icons for the SSS expansion?
I suppose you could use the files to move around the icons that are already on the Brawl and Melee screens, but you'd need the code to add more icons or swap them between the two screens. (If you want to add extra icons, you need to both use codes and add textures + PAT0 entries to the MiscData[80].)

I don't know what TopN__1 does, but TopN__0 controls both the Brawl and Melee screens. And yes, it is pretty much the same as editing the CSS - that's where I got the idea.

I should make an SSS where all the icons are upside-down.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'd like to see the drawing and hopefully a vertex as well.
Guess I'll scan it tonight sometime haha. It's not professional or anything, so dont expect greatness. No color, so expect blonde hair and blue eyes in the final, if I vertex it.

EDIT: It's gonna have to wait until tomorrow =_=.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
lolno.

Also, this.

I'm still working on the size. Should he be bigger? Giggity.
Are you planning to make bongo bongo's body turn invisible just like in ocarina of time?
turning invisible on low life or something to make it harder.
because it is how bongo bongo kinda works right?

also i cant remember bongo having a butt like eyeball shouldn't it be round?:p

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Are you planning to make bongo bongo's body turn invisible just like in ocarina of time?
turning invisible on low life or something to make it harder.
because it is how bongo bongo kinda works right?

also i cant remember bongo having a butt like eyeball shouldn't it be round?:p
Invisibility is either all or nothing in Brawl.

And considering it was made from his feet, that's about as round as it can be.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
KTH, you should make Butters. I've started to watch more South Park :p

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Invisibility is either all or nothing in Brawl.

And considering it was made from his feet, that's about as round as it can be.
yeah with games, invisibility is often accomplished by not by texture opacity but just by scaling animation of the actual object. take game and watch's weps for example. they appear out of thin air, but if you pause at the right time, you can see that every object he spawns begins shrunken into nothingness inside his body, then instantaneously scaled normal.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Raz, is there any possible way to make his arms invisible? Him having no arms has alot more meaning than you might think.

You see, the shadow temple is actually hugely symbolic, especially with the End Boss. Bongo-bongo used to be a theif who stole the lens of truth from the Sheika. Common punishment in medival times was to have the offender's hands cut off, as with bongo.
Thats not all, however. Bongo-bongo also has no head, which is due to his execution, possibly by gullotine.

Plus, Didn't bongo's arms before in your old version be held together by smaller strings-looking things? Or why not just verted the arms so thin they're invisible to the naked eye?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Raz, is there any possible way to make his arms invisible? Him having no arms has alot more meaning than you might think.

You see, the shadow temple is actually hugely symbolic, especially with the End Boss. Bongo-bongo used to be a theif who stole the lens of truth from the Sheika. Common punishment in medival times was to have the offender's hands cut off, as with bongo.
Thats not all, however. Bongo-bongo also has no head, which is due to his execution, possibly by gullotine.

Plus, Didn't bongo's arms before in your old version be held together by smaller strings-looking things? Or why not just verted the arms so thin they're invisible to the naked eye?
I'm aware of Bongo's past, hence why I originally had just scaled down the arms. However, in hindsight, that was no better since it only successfully shrunk his elbows:

No vertex edits have taken place because I don't have the means to do so. Besides, this isn't a perfectly accurate recreation anyway; in fact, all of the bosses that are from existing games get some boosts and new features. Bongo Bongo happens to get his arms back, which makes his moveset very melee-based, and Majora uses attacks from all three of its forms.

Speaking of which, I just started Bongo earlier today. His hurtboxes work surprisingly well, except that his eye doesn't quite match up (as in, the box is a little ways in). Similarly, lining up collisions is proving to be tougher than I remember. I'm making progress though, so I might release an alpha after I get a few more attacks done.

Bone visibility in Tabuu can help greatly with this depending on the character....
Hmm... does it remove just the bone itself, or does it include all child bones (or whatever they're called)?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The bone visibility removes visibility from the target bone and child bones.
Depending on the character, you should be able to toggle it on/off via PSA.

Top Bottom