• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Roo525

Smash Ace
I find it odd that anyone ever thought of the concept of Peach as a man.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I'm actually stuck on something in Bbox if anyone can help me out with a simple question. I am trying to port over Pits entrance to Link to make it look as close to 64's entrance as possible. now my question is In the FitPitMotion.pac theres 2 Entrances Right and Left. Where as FitLinkMotion only has 1 entrance. Now I am wondering If it is possible to add a secondary entrance to Link so that way not stuck with the Left or Right entrance because I have it currently with one and being in first player slot it looks weird.
Also what .PAC is the Light effect in for when pit drops down? I just wish to recolor it. Again any information would be great.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
FitPit.pac contains some data for his entrance. Some characters have separate entry files which contain models and such, but him and others have their entry data in their non-costume fit pacs. there appears to be no texture or model in there for the light around him, so it may be just data which determines the color, or it may be located in the common effects files or something. idk about your other stuff

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I find it odd that anyone ever thought of the concept of Peach as a man.
This is the internet. I'm not surprised by anything anymore.

Anything.

How much longer on that boss pack? D: It's been pretty much forever. :(
It won't be done for a long time, for sure. I've been steadily making good progress; I have all but two models, about half the stages, movesets planned, and at least some animations for all of them. Considering it's a one-man show, that's not bad.

Now that I'm at movesets, I'm going to start focusing on one until it's finished. In this case, as I've stated many times, Bongo Bongo and his slightly redesigned awesomeness.

And just for the sake of showing something, here's some more stock icons.

Roo525

Smash Ace

Before there was tabuu, there was tabuutwo. :p
Accidental discoveries FTW.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
You should take that Kaptain K. Rool vertex and make a boss moveset out of him, projectile based boss shooting canonballs and cloud puffs that freeze you and whatever else he did

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You know how someone (not me) placed Waluigi on the bosses in Boss Battles?
What if I did Falcon? :p

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Before there was tabuu, there was tabuutwo. :p
Accidental discoveries FTW.
Heh, looks almost perfectly like Gigue.
You should fix up the texture and release it. :)

You know how someone (not me) placed Waluigi on the bosses in Boss Battles?
What if I did Falcon? :p
Hey, that was me. :D

Also, I made this in like 2 hours.

ALL HAIL TO THE ORANGEMAN

n64billy

Smash Ace
This is the internet. I'm not surprised by anything anymore.

Anything.
Don't ask why, but this is one of the many things that popped into my head. (Watch the whole clip if you're awesome)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_wmdPM3odI#t=1m20s

I'd use it.
Ditto. Just chuck a texture on for the head/eyes, probably remove the tie and I'm sold.

EDIT: The awesome music from DK: Country Returns, is stuck in my head... now everytime I see him I can't get the music out...

Razanak7

Smash Ace
A couple updates for Bongo Bongo.

First off, the completed stage and his final size:

And second, after literally working for about a day trying to line up those stupid collisions, his A combo is done.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll probably start some other moves.

Yo Raz, how's your Chrono Trigger beatin' goin'?
Pretty good. I just got the Dopple Doll thing, but I can't for the life of me remember where Chrono's house is. >_>

n64billy

Smash Ace
Bongo stage looks pretty good really good Raz,

[collapse='Quick' story that will explain/relate to my comment below]
When I was a little kid, my mum came home one day, and I sai Hi and walked to her, whatever I used to do as a kid back then.
Mum put her bag down, and pulled out this shiny golden Nintendo cartridge. It was 'Zelda: Ocorina of Time'!
She got it pre-owned for 20 bucks (In Australian money that is.. back in those days, N64 games were about 50 bucks from Kmart and Big W, 60 for the really really really good/popular ones), so that was an awesome deal.

I put it in to play it, and there was already a save file in there, so I opened it.
It was at the bottom of some tower, and it made some shreicking sound when I loaded the tower. I shut the game off because I got creeped out and didn't know what was happening.
(It turns out, that the file was saved at the bottom of Gannons Tower, after all the dungeon rooms were done. All I had to do was walk up the staircase, an I was fighting Gannondorf!)

Anyways,
So, I started my own file, played the game (Awesome game. If anyone still hasn't played it yet, GO PLAY IT!)
I was playing the game, was awesome, but then, I was in the adult Water Temple, and somehow, got stuck/lost.
I used the small keys on certain doors, in a way that I got stuck, and couldn't move around to any new areas, only walk through old empty rooms, and around the main room.
I looked around and played for days trying to find out how to fix my mistake, and since I was young, it was pretty hard for me to know where to go in a new game.

I ended up never playing past the adult Water Temple in OoT. (The bit not long after seeing Princess Zora again and using the grapple hook), meaning I never got to see the Water Temple boss, or any other gameplay AT ALL... of what the rest of the game was like, other temples, how the story went in the middle, how you got certain items, and what the bosses were.
(I did load up that other file and defeat Gannon a few times. As well as walk out of the tower, and just walked around the world. The file never had the Ice Arrow..}

I know there was a Sand temple from the Gerudo Valley area that you had to travel to as both a kid and adult to get the Gauntlets of Power, but I was only told that by a friend in highschool (Who then teased/criticised me for never playing the rest of the game... for the rest of my schooling whenever the topic was braught up...)

But yea.... my point to the story is....
[/collapse]

...I never knew who Bongo Bongo was until I Youtubed him yesterday.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
O.O

That's some epic story right there dude.

It took me a week nonstop to beat the water temple.
The bad thing about it was... I was actually renting the cartridge. lol :(

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
How long do you think it'll take for your boss pack to be finished?don't mind me if Its a noob question..

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I need some opinions.

I'm getting some more animations done, so I have to ask; remember how Bongo would just play the drum between attacks? While this is no longer true, I'm going to include it somewhere in his moveset.

Point being, I'm torn between making this his down B, a victory pose/taunt, or crouch (since all the bosses use this move as an attack).

How long do you think it'll take for your boss pack to be finished?don't mind me if Its a noob question..
A long time. That's as specific as I can be right now, at least in reference to the whole thing. Hopefully, I'll finish one before the summer, since I might be going to college then.

Doesn't every boss do that?
In Zelda games, yes... that's why he'll do it here.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
If you want it as an attacks which affects all of the floor/only a little area around Bongy, put is as DSpecial.

If you want it to be purely aesthetic, placing it as a taunt would be the best.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Ah the joys of being screwed by our terrible ISP and having no internet for a few days.
Invisibility is either all or nothing in Brawl.
What about colour animations? Or do they only work on stages?

Here he is: http://i.imgur.com/ocOt9.png

Sorry, I'm not the best drawer. Shoulder puffs c: . Hair looks stupid right now. Face is kinda messed up because it was late when I drew it. Anyway... That's the plan.
I was expecting him to be cute like Peach :< Like that picture I linked to before (though that's technically an original character, not Peach)
Or that works too.

Too long but read anyway
I can relate to that story, being Australian, having OoT since I was young (in the form of NTSC-U Collectors Edition), and being stuck on the freaking Water Temple even to this day.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
What about colour animations? Or do they only work on stages?
Depends on what you mean.

Also, I just finished one of Bongo's taunts, in which he flexes twice (showing off those new arms X3) and if you play the left and right ones one after the other, he does the Numa Numa dance.

Accidental awesome FTW.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Also, for a bit of nostalgia and lulz, Bongo will drop a Heart Container after you beat him.
...Awesome........... *Hi-fives Raz*

I seriously thought that was a creepypasta at first. XD
Umm.... what?

I can relate to that story, being Australian, having OoT since I was young (in the form of NTSC-U Collectors Edition), and being stuck on the freaking Water Temple even to this day.
*Hi-fives Tommo* Yes..! I'm not alone..!

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I won't lie, once I got to the Water Temple I knew what I was getting into so I "cheated" and used NintendoCapriSun's LP. Were it not for him I never would have beaten OoT.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
I won't lie, once I got to the Water Temple I knew what I was getting into so I "cheated" and used NintendoCapriSun's LP. Were it not for him I never would have beaten OoT.
lol my experience with the water temple was just as bad, i had just gotten ocarina of time on virtual console and it was my first time playing it, so i played non stop, then when i got to the water temple i wore the iron boots and fell all the way down then saw princess ruto swim off, after that i followed the way the rooms were laid out and then got to dark links room, there i found out the door was locked and i used the key that was supposed to be for dark link for another room,and that was when i quit playing the game for a year. a year later i finally beat the water temple, but then i was faced with the shadow temple, and since it was night time and i was home alone, i decided not to play until tomorrow, the shadow temple kind of scared me. Then i finally beat the game the next day. THE END

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I've played through the water temple plenty before and beat everything (I didn't have the game on the n64, but played a bit from borrowing and beat it on an emulator first, then on the gamecube versions) always got stuck for a while on the water temple. most recent playthrough, though it was years ago, I got stuck with 1 key and seemingly every door unlocked and checked twice yet I didn't know how to progress. after many frustrating hours the final answer was in the center building of the first main room. I can't remember if I was stupidly overlooking that room despite crazily backtracking each room at every water level or if there was actually something tricky about it. I wish the invisible swordsman in TP was harder.

nice zora link btw

Razanak7

Smash Ace
blarg, im ded.

Part of his death animation. I changed it up from his original, but it retains the sinking-into-the-floor bit. And it's a whopping 1001 frames.

It's a bit melodramatic, but... eh, who cares?

Top Bottom