• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Razanak7

Smash Ace
So, the neutral version of Retro Brinstar is just about as done as it can be. The only important thing left is fixing PT's position; other than that, there's just small details that aren't really necessary.

You may be wondering why it hasn't been textured and the background is the same and resized. That's because I'm making at least three versions; N64 Brinstar, Melee Brinstar, and Norfair. Each will have some unique aspects (this version features Ridley, for example) but they all keep the same layout.

Speaking of which, I shrunk the stage down considerably, for two reasons.

First, this size makes more sense to me. The N64 stages, awesome as they were, had a lot of room to run around. I honestly like that, but to a degree; as in, there was a lot of empty space. This size is reasonable to the point that there's plenty of space on both axes without being too spread out, and proportions (for lack of a better word) are roughly the same. I remember it taking two jumps to reach the left platform; this has been carried over, among other things.

And second, I don't make exact replicas. That would be boring.

So yeah, the DL for that might be up soon. After that, I'll get back to ol' Bongo.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
*sees picture*

Wow, that looks great. I can't wait for–

:sadeyes:

There goes another hack that I'll never use.

(Unrelated note: I didn't know that smashboards had a :leek: icon)
Yeah. Bone renaming is a red flag for many people as it can mess up hitboxes and/or hurtboxes.

I would recommend having the 3D Ridley model fly around intermittently in all 3 versions.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'm working on a bit of a crazy experiment, unfortunately I don't have a Wii to test it out on and I'm not even sure if the principle is sound. Would some kind soul care to test it out in-game and take a picture?

It's for Dedede. It replaces him with Giygas. From Earthbound.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h6f98rpdcfnbwga

Can someone please give him a quick test run (no real moveset yet, just some animations that I'd like to see if they work)? And assuming that the game doesn't crash and it actually works, test him on a large stage with the camera zoomed out as much as possible during normal gameplay?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah. Bone renaming is a red flag for many people as it can mess up hitboxes and/or hurtboxes.
Yeah, to be honest, I don't like this new trend. As nice as they are to look at in pictures, for people who play the game seriously, we can't use them because they alter the mechanics of the game or make the characters function differently between costumes.

Okay, I'm working on a bit of a crazy experiment, unfortunately I don't have a Wii to test it out on and I'm not even sure if the principle is sound. Would some kind soul care to test it out in-game and take a picture?

It's for Dedede. It replaces him with Giygas. From Earthbound.
I can't test this now either, but I'm curious, what did you actually do to him to get him like that?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I can't test this now either, but I'm curious, what did you actually do to him to get him like that?
I removed every part of his model except the hammer (and the pom-pom, which I might use for something), replaced the hammer texture, and made the hammer really, really big. In principle, the hammer should wrap around the entire stage, with the front part of it extending past the camera's outer limits so it doesn't get in the way - what you are looking at is the inside of D3's hammer. All the animations are based on stretching and shrinking the hammer to make squicky, disturbing, organic motions. Some of his attacks (notably his rapid A) may actually cause motion sickness.

But then, he IS Giygas.

Fortunately, since the model itself was not altered (only the animations) there shouldn't be a hitbox/hurtbox problem, assuming that D3 doesn't have a hurtbox connected to the hammer. As he is now, hitboxes might cover the whole stage, making him beyond broken, but this is just a test of the principle.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
There goes another hack that I'll never use.
the bone disabling would be for making his right wing disabled, as to never have 3 "wings" out at the same time (although it'd be sorta weird to see farfetch'd flying with one wing). and maybe for his cape as his left wing, idk.

I could make a version with both wings without bones disabled, but then you'd either have to deal with a 3rd wing at times, or have some pretty screwed up wing fragments on one side.

I'm always hesitant with bone modifications, simple size mods, for example with pichu, would mess up the character 's hurt and hitbox locations entirely. Pichu with the size mod is physically too short while standing to get hit by most projectile hight, like the superscope. wing bone mods shouldn't affect his gameplay though as they cant hit or be hit to my knowledge.

All the animations are based on stretching and shrinking the hammer to make squicky, disturbing, organic motions.
you could also animate the texture via smashball data. and maybe bone transparency ala mewtwo2000's knowledge could let you make other screens and transition between them. I cannot grasp the true awesomeness of that hack.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
The problem with a character that occupies the background is that a lot of stages won't be compatible with this at all. In fact, it would be a good search finding one that it does fit.

Even FD has things that go pretty close to the stage; like during the final segment when everything turns upside down, even within the normal boundaries, characters can go into the water, meaning there isn't much room.

Scrolling stages are the same thing, since you would have pieces flying in and out of view. And imagine trying this on Flat Zone.

Point being; it's a good idea, but this isn't the method to go about it with.

I would just make him entirely invisible and use a stage texture/model in combination, making the character serve only for collisions, graphics and sounds.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
yep i moved her sword bone. but i'm pretty sure that wont effect any attacks or gameplay.

Roo525

Smash Ace

"I will ban this worthless creation to the gap between dimensions."

This hack WILL be worthless unless I get freaking patching working. >.<

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I removed every part of his model except the hammer (and the pom-pom, which I might use for something), replaced the hammer texture, and made the hammer really, really big. In principle, the hammer should wrap around the entire stage, with the front part of it extending past the camera's outer limits so it doesn't get in the way - what you are looking at is the inside of D3's hammer. All the animations are based on stretching and shrinking the hammer to make squicky, disturbing, organic motions. Some of his attacks (notably his rapid A) may actually cause motion sickness.

But then, he IS Giygas.

Fortunately, since the model itself was not altered (only the animations) there shouldn't be a hitbox/hurtbox problem, assuming that D3 doesn't have a hurtbox connected to the hammer. As he is now, hitboxes might cover the whole stage, making him beyond broken, but this is just a test of the principle.
I'll test it.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Alright, so Phantom Ganon's finished. I just have to texture him and he'll be released tomorrow. ;)

Photos

Smash Journeyman
not a clue, it just didn't freeze up before. and i know that it's not the size, i don't have much on my sd card.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Wasn't your original melee falco vertex a model morph to melee model falco? That way it was 100% melee falco? If it was, why redo it if it was already 100% melee falco?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
So, I'm trying to edit the title screen, but it turns out that the letter textures are all C18, despite having colour; so, trying to make them anything else other than a shade of grey results in phailz. Changing the type of texture just makes them not recognized.

For the sake of argument, it should look like this...

I can't get a picture of what it ended up like, but let's just sat it didn't work.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
That's really impressive GW, and I was thinking it was good enough.. O.o

Now looks perfect!!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Looks like the beak got a slight fix too.
I hope his cheeks won't be "puffy."

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Predator (Predator)

Predator (Predator) over Samus

Predator is one of my favorite movie characters of all time and I was surprised that nobody has attempted to create him in Brawl before this. He has no disabled bones so he should play perfectly fine online.

Credit to LookitsLink for Alphonse Elric's hand and BeyondYou for helping me find textures.

CSP and Battle Portrait included

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Predator (Predator) over Samus

Predator is one of my favorite movie characters of all time and I was surprised that nobody has attempted to create him in Brawl before this. He has no disabled bones so he should play perfectly fine online.
Not to sound picky or anything but in the future, will there be a matching ZSS hack? Perhaps an armourless female Predator? :woman:

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Or that girl who got that Mark on her cheek in AVP

i forget the gir'ls name. now we need a matching Alien hack over Yoshi.... he has the tongue for it <_<

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Now a maskless predator would be disgusting over ZSS

i could see Ripley being a better fit.

it was a mediocre movie, but meh.

i enjoyed it not for the "serious" or "awesome" plot it had. it felt like it had 1980's cheese, or that old action movie film. where you didn't need to have such a serious plot like Inception (which is awesome btw) to enjoy a good film.

either way, Sanaa Lathan would be cool to have. or that black guy in Predator 2...

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Now a maskless predator would be disgusting over ZSS
Okay, now that I think about it, a maskless Predator with boobs would require oceans of brain bleach.
i could see Ripley being a better fit.
Yeah, that could definitely work.

it was a mediocre movie, but meh.

i enjoyed it not for the "serious" or "awesome" plot it had. it felt like it had 1980's cheese, or that old action movie film. where you didn't need to have such a serious plot like Inception (which is awesome btw) to enjoy a good film.
Personally I prefer a movie to be all out cheesy, a la Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus or have an intricate plotline a la Inception, I absolutely hate mindless action movies (with some exceptions) but I'm kind of a movie snob so that probably explains why.

Top Bottom