• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Strange, mine works fine and gives me a .png file. Are you sure it's set to export as a normal picture file and not the raw texture (.tex0)?
Really? Maybe I'm extracting the wrong file. I don't even know what exactly I'm looking for. I'm trying to take out a file from this directory within the pac

common5>sc_selchar_en>Miscdata50>MDL0 menselchrstate0000_topn>textures 1

hopefully that helps

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Really? Maybe I'm extracting the wrong file. I don't even know what exactly I'm looking for. I'm trying to take out a file from this directory within the pac

common5>sc_selchar_en>Miscdata50>MDL0 menselchrstate0000_topn>textures 1

hopefully that helps
That'd be the issue. That's the raw texture data. The actual texture is

common5>sc_selchar_en>Miscdata50>textures>WifiInfWait07_0

Export that and you should get a image. If you want to edit the appearance of a texture, you have to pull it from the "Textures" directory, otherwise you just get data. Hope this clears it up!

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
That'd be the issue. That's the raw texture data. The actual texture is

common5>sc_selchar_en>Miscdata50>textures>WifiInfWait07_0

Export that and you should get a image. If you want to edit the appearance of a texture, you have to pull it from the "Textures" directory, otherwise you just get data. Hope this clears it up!

Oh wow I'm so noob hah. I can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks a lot for you're help!

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I'm not sure that anyone knows the absolute reason why the Green Hill Zone characters don't work. It seems that it is because they have so few bones, but the few theories that people have come up with usually seem to have exceptions. For example, there was a theory that you could only swap a model over a character that had less bones, but that has been disproven (for example, my Snover works over Pikachu even though Snover has less bones). Unfortunately, this also means that, since we don't know the exact problem, we don't know how to fix it, and we won't be able to test the bone theories well until we can add bones. So it would be a really, really good idea to just drop the Sonic characters for now. They simply don't work, and probably aren't going to for quite some time.
Yes, we do. It is because they don't have enough bones, end of story. Yes, some people can be swapped with others with slightly less bones, but that is only by like 5 or 6 at the most, and GHZ characters have far too few.

EDIT: That's it, going in the OP.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how to edit the ingame portraits so they work? I tried, but it froze when before the match started
I'm having a similar problem but this time with the labels. I think it may have something to do with the file being too big. I'm not sure how I can fix it though.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
My post got ignored so here it is again:

Is ANYONE working on Deoxys or Metal Sonic? I know about the MS PSA but what about an animation model? Kinda like how Shadow`s being worked on.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
I want to take Dedede's hammer and Link's sword and put them on Zelda, and this thread showed how to do so with the models; question is, how do I get the textures for the stuff on Zelda as well?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm having trouble resizing YI:M and WWR in brawlbox. i've gotten other stages/objects to stretch/resize, but these stages keep giving me trouble. they show up looking right in BBox, but when i put them into the game they're the same as always.
still a problem.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'm having a similar problem but this time with the labels. I think it may have something to do with the file being too big. I'm not sure how I can fix it though.
I don't think the filesize can change, problem is it's not easy to find, say, a Phazon Suit picture that small

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Sigh....people, if you want to get a Sonic character, you are going to have to vertex edit a playable character. Knuckles should be rather simple to make a vertex edit for, as long as you use Sonic as the base.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I want to take Dedede's hammer and Link's sword and put them on Zelda, and this thread showed how to do so with the models; question is, how do I get the textures for the stuff on Zelda as well?
Replace the original textures with those of the new ones.

Is there someone (or somewhere someone could direct me to) that could explain how to 'hex' something and how to get information out of something/what it tells you when you've hexxed it?

(Specifically common3.pac)

Thanks in advance
Be more specific please. What are you trying to do?

Sigh....people, if you want to get a Sonic character, you are going to have to vertex edit a playable character. Knuckles should be rather simple to make a vertex edit for, as long as you use Sonic as the base.
Thunderspam is trying that, but so far it isn't turning out very good. (I think.)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Be more specific please. What are you trying to do?
Peachs Turnips are in the common3.pac and I'm trying out specifically how her Down + B works (how the seemingly random pulling up of stuff works and all that jazz) and that all the properties are handled in common3.pac because...well thats where they are

So I've been told common3.pac needs to be 'hexxed'. If I'm being honest, I really don't know what that means or what it does or shows, is it just making information in common3.pac readable?

Sorry...I'm not being very helpful am I :x

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Peachs Turnips are in the common3.pac and I'm trying out specifically how her Down + B works (how the seemingly random pulling up of stuff works and all that jazz) and that all the properties are handled in common3.pac because...well thats where they are

So I've been told common3.pac needs to be 'hexxed'. If I'm being honest, I really don't know what that means or what it does or shows, is it just making information in common3.pac readable?

Sorry...I'm not being very helpful am I :x
Wow, you are really interested in those turnips, aren't you? You are going to need a hex editor, such as Hex Workshop, but I don't know what to tell you from there. This has nothing to do with BrawlBox, though, just a hex editor.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Wow, you are really interested in those turnips, aren't you? You are going to need a hex editor, such as Hex Workshop, but I don't know what to tell you from there. This has nothing to do with BrawlBox, though, just a hex editor.
Yup pretty much xD Oh sorry, didn't realise this was the wrong place :x

Very unimportant but I'm curious anyway - how come Peachs Parasol model data is in a different pac to her Parasol texture data?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Yup pretty much xD Oh sorry, didn't realise this was the wrong place :x

Very unimportant but I'm curious anyway - how come Peachs Parasol model data is in a different pac to her Parasol texture data?
Fox and Falco's gun's textures are in a different place too, and with those two I think it is because they share the same textures, which they do. I don't know about Peach, though.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I've made custom walk fast and walk slow animations for Lyn but every time I use them in game, she appears to have the same speed as if I were running or if the game speed was set at 1.5.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
After changing an item description in common5, the text isn't properly aligned. The letters appear in the little red bar above the description instead. Is this unavoidable, or something to do with the text formatting that BB did?

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly a BrawlBox question, but it still pertains to the subject:

I really want to make a character with BrawlBox, but I wanted to import a model for it. Should I wait until it’s possible to import models from other games, or should I just go ahead and make the character as well as I can? I don’t want to be halfway done with the character, then find out that model importing is possible and have to start over. But I also don’t want to wait years to find out that importing models is impossible (which I highly doubt is true). Advice?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Not exactly a BrawlBox question, but it still pertains to the subject:

I really want to make a character with BrawlBox, but I wanted to import a model for it. Should I wait until it’s possible to import models from other games, or should I just go ahead and make the character as well as I can? I don’t want to be halfway done with the character, then find out that model importing is possible and have to start over. But I also don’t want to wait years to find out that importing models is impossible (which I highly doubt is true). Advice?
If you get halfway done and the importer comes out, you can then swap the animations, etc that you created over to the new character, you won't have to start over. My advice would be to do it.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Excellent. Now, how would I give Cpt Falcon an article (Bowser's fire) to replace his falcon paunch? Or is there an app a guide / thread for that already in the Workshop?
Unfortunately, that is beyond our capabilities at the moment.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I did the same thing, and it turned out fine for me. What exactly did you do?
I replaced the Mr. Saturn description with something that actually explains what it does. However, I used unusual capitalization (LiKE tHiS) to emulate the way they speak. That may be the issue.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Open up both of their MotionEtc's and find the article's you want to replace, then do a normal model swap between them.

@Eldiran: What?
I assumed he meant swapping the properties of said articles. The most you could do is replace the falcon graphic with a small burst of flame.

LegendarySuperMario

Smash Rookie
I have a quick question that I've been pondering for awhile now...

I've been trying to edit Flat Zone 2's Oil Panic background to be the same as the other 3 backgrounds, but with the Oil Panic hazards intact. Now I have tried using Brawlbox for the first time today and looked into why that one stage has a different background...

Here's what I found out... The main Oil Panic Model Data (ModelData50) doesn't have a Textures1 folder!!! I'd add one if I could but I can't...

If anyone could help me find a way to add the main background to the Oil Panic part of the level I'd really appreciate it as this could complete a LOT of the Flat Zone 2 textures out there...

Thanks in advance!!

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey i was wondering how would i go about changing the background of final destination through the CLR0 and would it be possible to add rain like from distant planet to a different stage?

Qarano

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to replace a sword with the beamsword model? If so, how hard would it be?

yami_sora

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I'm pretty new to Brawl Box but I wanted to edit the menu text to say whatever I want it to. I've seen videos and stuff of it so I know it's possible. I'm running the latest beta for Brawl+ so I'm pretty sure that editing the menu text is supported.

Anyways, I open Brawl Box and I open mu_menumain.en and change the text, save it, then place it in menu2 on my SD card. When I go to load Brawl though the text is still the default and not what I edited. Am I missing a few steps? Literally all I did was delete the text and type in some new stuff.

This is what it looks like:

As I said all I did was click on MiscData[5] and edit that top line of text. Then save the file and put it on my SD card. Is there something more I have to do? Thanks.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Okay so I'm pretty new to Brawl Box but I wanted to edit the menu text to say whatever I want it to. I've seen videos and stuff of it so I know it's possible. I'm running the latest beta for Brawl+ so I'm pretty sure that editing the menu text is supported.

Anyways, I open Brawl Box and I open mu_menumain.en and change the text, save it, then place it in menu2 on my SD card. When I go to load Brawl though the text is still the default and not what I edited. Am I missing a few steps? Literally all I did was delete the text and type in some new stuff.

This is what it looks like:

As I said all I did was click on MiscData[5] and edit that top line of text. Then save the file and put it on my SD card. Is there something more I have to do? Thanks.
It's RSBE/pfmenu2 that's where it goes

Top Bottom