• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Hey, brawlshifter, can you answer my question about the in-game portraits? The ones above the characters names in any sort of Brawl, I haven't been able to swap 'em without the game freezing...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Hey, brawlshifter, can you answer my question about the in-game portraits? The ones above the characters names in any sort of Brawl, I haven't been able to swap 'em without the game freezing...
I honestly haven't done anything with those yet, so I don't know how to help you. Sorry.

EDIT: I would suggest putting up the files for download so that someone else can take a look at them.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
What's the font they use for Brawl?

I'm trying to make my own labels you see.

Qarano

Smash Cadet
Do a normal model swap. (Check out the thread "The Armory" for some examples of it.)
No, you misunderstood. I want to replace toon link's sword with a beamsword. How do I do this? Also, how do I do a "normal model swap"? I'm so noob at this...

Edit: and just curious, when do you sleep?! lol

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I honestly haven't done anything with those yet, so I don't know how to help you. Sorry.

EDIT: I would suggest putting up the files for download so that someone else can take a look at them.
They're the .brres files in the All Brawl Files thread under the portrite folder

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
how i start dont mak complicated like a nerd : l
i got da gecko thingy now wat? <@:'(
Stop spamming. Try the Hacking Support Thread.

No, you misunderstood. I want to replace toon link's sword with a beamsword. How do I do this? Also, how do I do a "normal model swap"? I'm so noob at this...
Toon Links sword is currently impossible, or extremely complicated. To learn how to do a model swap, go to this thread.

Edit: and just curious, when do you sleep?! lol
Depends on where you live.

how can I modelswap any beams (like lucarios / samus finalsmash and suicunes aurora beam) with any attack like pikachus thunderbolt?
You would need to find the graphics you want to swap and do a normal model swap. The pokemon graphics are in the Common3, and the Final Smash graphics are in the FitCharacterFinal.pacs.

They're the .brres files in the All Brawl Files thread under the portrite folder
I'm meant put yours up for download.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Ok, now what I'm trying to do is completely delete Red Alloy's polygon4 (the stomach grid, which I think is the piece that crashes AIS).

How do I do this and KEEP it gone?

The error I keep getting is:
ERROR: Unknown next type in polygon block ( b0 @ c761 ). If I could even CHANGE the type of polygon it uses to a 'known' one, that would work too.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
You would need to find the graphics you want to swap and do a normal model swap. The pokemon graphics are in the Common3, and the Final Smash graphics are in the FitCharacterFinal.pacs.
the problem is, I cant open the models in Common3
then I make a modelswap on Finalsmash graphics in "FitCharacterFinal.Pacs" they are invisible
and I have tried to find R.O.B. fullcharged laser but I cant find it o,o
i am blind XD

PyroChameleon

Smash Cadet

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to figure this out anybody know where it is in the pac?
It might be Scene Data, or it could be one of the models. Preview them all.

Ok, now what I'm trying to do is completely delete Red Alloy's polygon4 (the stomach grid, which I think is the piece that crashes AIS).

How do I do this and KEEP it gone?

The error I keep getting is:
ERROR: Unknown next type in polygon block ( b0 @ c761 ). If I could even CHANGE the type of polygon it uses to a 'known' one, that would work too.
You can't just delete a polygon, you have to use Sqleon's tool. (Check the "Automatic Polygon Deleter" thread)

the problem is, I cant open the models in Common3
then I make a modelswap on Finalsmash graphics in "FitCharacterFinal.Pacs" they are invisible
and I have tried to find R.O.B. fullcharged laser but I cant find it o,o
i am blind XD
Why can't you open models in the Common3?

How do you edit textures with brawlbox? Is there any guide?
Find the textures you want to edit, right click>export, edit your textures, then right click>replace.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Has anyone figured out how to swap animations without the distortion, or do you have to go into every single bone and resize it manually?

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l48dhTatABg
You answered your own question.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
You guys are so helpful.
@Everyone, not just you: If someone (me [because it seems like I'm almost the only one answering questions]) doesn't answer your questions, it doesn't mean they (I) ignored you, it means they (I) don't know the answer. Do you guys just want me to say I don't know?

@Gamingblack: I guess you could just try slowing her down.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
ok im pretty new to this so nvm me if i sounds noobish...
k so i am trying to load Mew onto any character (besides alloys) and it he worked on both olimar and ice climbers (sorta)... the thing is, whenever i try using forward b or dair or some other motions with olimar as mew, it freezes... im not sure but i think i saw somewhere that this is unfixable... is this true? he also cant shield so thats a bummer... when i loaded him on ice climbers, he couldnt shield either but i couldnt see him (he was invisible while nana was visible... weird O.o) anybody know how to fix this yet? if not, then does anybody know how to make him visible on the ice climbers and how to delete nana?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Everyone, not just you: If someone (me [because it seems like I'm almost the only one answering questions]) doesn't answer your questions, it doesn't mean they (I) ignored you, it means they (I) don't know the answer. Do you guys just want me to say I don't know?
I second this. When people don't respond, 90% of the time it is because they have no info to give and cannot solve the problem. Instead of trying to call people on it, posters should reiterate their problem while providing more details and info. Just reposting the same information doesn't help.

Maybe you could add something like this as a note to the OP, brawshifter?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I second this. When people don't respond, 90% of the time it is because they have no info to give and cannot solve the problem. Instead of trying to call people on it, posters should reiterate their problem while providing more details and info. Just reposting the same information doesn't help.

Maybe you could add something like this as a note to the OP, brawshifter?
Good idea. I was thinking about that for a while now.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
oh and btw, on a sidenote, does anybody know why does mew have eyes under his feet? does it look like that during his pokeball animation ingame? pretty weird lol

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
oh and btw, on a sidenote, does anybody know why does mew have eyes under his feet? does it look like that during his pokeball animation ingame? pretty weird lol
Er...in game or in Brawl Box? If it is Brawl Box, then it's probably just the texture being mapped incorrectly. I know that for me, Kirby shows up with two sets of eyes, even without adjustments.

Qarano

Smash Cadet
How do I delete entire frames of an animation, so I can cut up a tilt animation and use it for a smash?

Also, does anyone know any good assist trpophies from which I can pull animations to use with a snake PSA?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
How do I delete entire frames of an animation, so I can cut up a tilt animation and use it for a smash?

Also, does anyone know any good assist trpophies from which I can pull animations to use with a snake PSA?
To delete frames from an animation, go to that frame in the model previwer and press "Delete".

You'd probably be better off pulling animations from other characters, considering ATs' bones usually don't even remotely match up. If I had to suggest one, though, I'd say Grey Fox.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if anyone could give me a little info for Brawl Box. I haven't been able to preview models at all. I always get that "Unhandled exception" error thing. I have
Microsoft Framework.net 3.5 installed on my computer
, I have a ATI RADEON Graphics card and a Video card that is higher than 1.1, and I still can't view the models. I gave my brother the program from my computer and he was able to preview models, so it's not the program.
I've scoured my laptop from top to bottom, searched every nook and cranny(probably not as though-rough or this problem would have been solved already) . I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and the latest Active X, some thing about Just In Time debugging in the details of the error message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.wGL.glClear(GLClearMask mask)
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.wGlContext.glClear(GLClearMask mask)
at System.Windows.Forms.ModelPanel.OnRender()
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
Assembly Version: 0.62.3658.42132
Win32 Version: 0.62.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Christian/Desktop/Brawl%20Box/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
Assembly Version: 0.9.3658.42131
Win32 Version: 0.09.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Christian/Desktop/Brawl%20Box/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
-------

Any kind of Response, positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your patience.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
You can't just delete a polygon, you have to use Sqleon's tool. (Check the "Automatic Polygon Deleter" thread)
I've tried the polygon 'deleter'. Problem is, it still won't allow me to get the model to work with AIS.

Why am I so hot to get the Alloys to work with it?

Green is the only one of the four AIS will convert. I added the colors manually, but see how smooth he looks?

On the other hand, we have... this:

It's the result of running a geometry extactor on the model previewer in BrawlBox. Notice that it's... really screwed up with smooth shading on?

As I've said before: I'm certain that it's the polygon4 section that error AIS out. It's the section that Green Alloy doesn't have (remember, he converts) that the other 3 do. Pharrox told me early on that the error meant it encountered an unknown polygon type. The question now becomes:

If I can't actually delete the problem section, how would I change what kind of geometry it uses?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Christian CAO, you should try disabling Themes or Aero or whatever it's called. That's what caused the problem on my computer, and it may work for you.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to start animation editing for the Young Link project, but have no idea where to start. I know I have to edit the Motion.pac, and I have never done this before.

Is there a guide on it or something, I searched and found nothing.

Top Bottom