• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
With this would it be possible to switch around the ending of a game where it says "GAME!" to the Japanese one, "Game Set!"? And if so could someone explain, thank you.
Yeah could someone answer this? Maybe a custom one? Or it saying Game Set, I don't mind either.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Feature idea for the the Model previwer: Hitbox preview. You would basically have a checkbox in the top options to show the hitbox, and input options for the size, bone #, and X Y and Z offsets. Sound possible Kryal?
you mean like psa but visible right??

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Yeah could someone answer this? Maybe a custom one? Or it saying Game Set, I don't mind either.
"Game" and "Game Set" are sound effects, not music. the tool mentioned is for music, and there is no released method for sound effect editing.

you can, however, load the Japanese sound effects into the game and use those instead of the English ones, but you can only replace everything or nothing, no single swaps.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
"Game" and "Game Set" are sound effects, not music. the tool mentioned is for music, and there is no released method for sound effect editing.

you can, however, load the Japanese sound effects into the game and use those instead of the English ones, but you can only replace everything or nothing, no single swaps.
I'm down wit that, how do I do it?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Use PhantomWing's latest, but buggy file replacement.

Or load the disc in a different fashion.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Iso loader or something similar. Not really supposed to talk about it here.

And I'm pretty sure Phantom Wing's newest File Replacement actually crashes if you use it with any other codes, at all.

camelot

Smash Ace
Not to mention it crashes with the characters who can transform (Samus, Wario, Bowser, Zelda, P. Trainer).

Whatever, I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Winamp will play a BRSTM perfectly no matter where the loop point is, but Brawl's BRSTM player apparently can only jump to multiples of 14336 when looping back to a loop point. Therefore, you'll hear a slight lag in-game whenever a song loops if the loop point isn't divisible by 14336. The extra silence at the beginning is to push the loop point and the rest of song ahead enough to make the loop point a multiple of 14336. But don't worry; like I said, it's almost never more than about 1/10th of a second, so chances are you won't even hear the difference (of course, 1/10th of a second is just enough to mess up the beat of a song when looping ;] ).

Edit: This was directed at Wave Kusanagi.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Thanks. Is it possible to have the movesets only work for a character of a certain color? Such as FitGanon02?
No, because the moveset file effects ALL of one character... Hmm.. How can I say this better... Okay okay:

A model is packed into each character costume (.pac file) separately. The moveset file is it's own file, and effects every costume. Cannot have it effect only one.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
A model is packed into each character costume (.pac file) separately. The moveset file is it's own file, and effects every costume. Cannot have it effect only one.
pcs. not pac.

This TECHNICALLY isn't true...you CAN have animationdata in the .pcs and still have it apply to the character's motions as a boss's file would. Though I haven't tested that.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Fixed, as you need both for all characters for it to work fully and efficiently. :3
Well, that kinda depends.

For model changes, you don't need the texture .pac. For textures, you don't NEED it, but it will make textures (and maybe even model changes) not work online on other people, and on transforming characters.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
are you able to edit info2/info_en.pac with this?

Whenever I replace anything my game wont load
Why yes you can buddy. You can replace song titles and character names under the in battle portraits and whatever else you wanna replace that's in there :3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, that kinda depends.

For model changes, you don't need the texture .pac. For textures, you don't NEED it, but it will make textures (and maybe even model changes) not work online on other people, and on transforming characters.
*sighs* And as usual everyone seems to not realize something except me. XD;

If you only have the pcs and not the pac, it doesn't work compeltely and will sometimes load the games pac rather than the pcs. PLUS, if you have the pcs, the textures will work in SSE and Boss Battles, which the pcs do NOT work with.

And I'm definitely sure you need to pac MORE than the pcs for model changes, as all changes I've tested are always pac rather than pcs.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Why yes you can buddy. You can replace song titles and character names under the in battle portraits and whatever else you wanna replace that's in there :3
Any idea why I would get a freeze after the no loading screen when trying to replace a characters name texture and symbol icon? (the kinds u see during abattle)

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Though this isn't a huge problem, regarding sc_selmap.pac, when I try using the 'replace all' feature to re-add all the textures I've edited, it gives me an error message, and when I try to save, it says that the .pac might be corrupted. However, when I painstakingly and manually re-add the textures one-by-one, it saves perfectly fine, and I can use it perfectly fine. I assume this is just a bug or something, or am I doing something wrong?

On a side note, if n64billy sees this message, do you think you can send me the Pokepark Wii model/texture data for Shaymin's Sky Forme, or perhaps tell me which file(s) contain(s) the Pokémon's texture/model data, and how to open them, please? I don't know how to deal with .dac or .dan files, sadly. :/

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Haha, this is great!
Have you had any luck lowering his voice in the same way that young link's voice is raised? I don't know if this is feasible, but it would certainly be a dramatic change that would set Vader apart from Ike.

If you get some down time, would you consider throwing together a purely cosmetic version of Vader(sound changes included)? I really love the look of him, but I main Ike and I don't want to replace Ike with a beta.

n64billy

Smash Ace
...On a side note, if n64billy sees this message, do you think you can send me the Pokepark Wii model/texture data for Shaymin's Sky Forme, or perhaps tell me which file(s) contain(s) the Pokémon's texture/model data, and how to open them, please? I don't know how to deal with .dac or .dan files, sadly. :/
Search through the Res 0 to 3 .dan files using SZS Modifier. Extract the .brres files for the pokemon you want, and boom. You have the files. (Some names are in Japanese. Just go to serebii.net or something and check in their pokedex if you need to know their japanese name)

THEY DO NOT WORK WITH BRAWL SO FAR, so if you plan on trying to put him in Brawl, don't even bother just yet.

I'll upload it in that pack if I remember soon.

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Search through the Res 0 to 3 .dan files using SZS Modifier. Extract the .brres files for the pokemon you want, and boom. You have the files. (Some names are in Japanese. Just go to serebii.net or something and check in their pokedex if you need to know their japanese name)

THEY DO NOT WORK WITH BRAWL SO FAR, so if you plan on trying to put him in Brawl, don't even bother just yet.

I'll upload it in that pack if I remember soon.
Alrighty, thanks for the help! ^^ I do understand that they don't work with Brawl, though. It's because of the different model encrypting and all, right?

Thanks again. Now to find out the problem with the sc_selmap.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Alrighty, thanks for the help! ^^ I do understand that they don't work with Brawl, though. It's because of the different model encrypting and all, right?
I'm not actually sure why they don't work, but I guess that's a main reason to it all...

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, I was successfully able to extract Shaymin's BRRES file. Looking further into the BRRES, the AnmChr and AnmScTxt seem to have animation data from Pokepark Wii, and it's pretty obvious that Pokepark Wii animations differ from Brawl's.

I'm also able to open up the BRRES with BrawlBox. I can extract Shaymin's texture files no problem, but if I try to just click on its model or animation files, BrawlBox crashes. Viewing Shaymin's model in SZS also warrants a crash, though... :/

Hmmm, perhaps with a couple tweaks and some way to convert models from other games into Brawl-compatible models...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I'm not actually sure why they don't work, but I guess that's a main reason to it all...
No, it won't work because no one will tell me what to replace in a **** hex editor!

That's what I thought, but those are all pacs, not thp's. By the way, I know we can edit movies using the ISO hacking method, but can we do it using the SD loading method? And if so, using BrawlBox?
Can anyone answer this? By the way, nice work Kryal!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Nobody has really tried it, but I'd be more inclined to say it only works for ISO hacking, unless PW wants to chime in here saying otherwise =O.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Hmmm, I was successfully able to extract Shaymin's BRRES file. Looking further into the BRRES, the AnmChr and AnmScTxt seem to have animation data from Pokepark Wii, and it's pretty obvious that Pokepark Wii animations differ from Brawl's.

I'm also able to open up the BRRES with BrawlBox. I can extract Shaymin's texture files no problem, but if I try to just click on its model or animation files, BrawlBox crashes. Viewing Shaymin's model in SZS also warrants a crash, though... :/

Hmmm, perhaps with a couple tweaks and some way to convert models from other games into Brawl-compatible models...
What version do you have? Before I updated to .60, it did that to me. However, after I updated to .60c, I was able to view the bones and stuff, but not the model and animations.

If you can view the bones, you can edit a character's bones that has a similar body to match those of the Pokemon. For example, once n64billy uploads that model pack, I'm going to edit Lucario's bones to match that of Blaziken's and then make a PSA for him if it works in game.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I have been trying to make/edit animations in stages, but I don't know why, when I edit only one position in a frame, and save, the internals of the animation file change radically. Then, if I change back that position in that frame, the new file only differs in one byte from the first edited one

Editing with brawlbox changes the whole animation file unless it was created/edited with it? Is there any reason to animations losing loop in stages when I edit them?

I would like to do some looped animation with rayquaza (standing) and other things (master hand going through stages), more than animations that have and end (this dead rayquaza)... Is this possible with 0.60c?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I just attempted to replace the textures from the opening (all the characters on the cliff) and it won't work in-game, but the BB preview works. I put sc_title_en in menu2.

Also, can someone give an at least semi-simple explanation on how to replace stage backgrounds?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I just attempted to replace the textures from the opening (all the characters on the cliff) and it won't work in-game, but the BB preview works. I put sc_title_en in menu2.

Also, can someone give an at least semi-simple explanation on how to replace stage backgrounds?
Get Modeldata[1], see if it is really the background of the stage (it could be modeldata[0], modeldata[2] or another), and replace it with the modeldata[1] you want to replace (right click, replace)

Be sure to add all necessary textures in Texturedata[0] (right click, import texture), be sure they are the correct type and should be done

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'll stop working on character animations and will do stages for a while. I was also wondering why I wasn't able to put ef_StgMetalGear on it so it can snow? It just freezes. Bubbles on Final Destination did work, though. Will upload it soon. Also, do not attempt to make a stage with it, it'll freeze, just use the one I'll upload.

Phendrana Drifts V3:

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I'll stop working on character animations and will do stages for a while. I was also wondering why I wasn't able to put ef_StgMetalGear on it so it can snow? It just freezes. Bubbles on Final Destination did work, though. Will upload it soon. Also, do not attempt to make a stage with it, it'll freeze, just use the one I'll upload.

Phendrana Drifts V3:

Wait...what!?!?!? IS THIS A REAL MODEL SWAP FROM ANOTHER GAME!?!?!?!? Or is it just a **** good texture like The Moon?

Edit: Also I have a request for someone who knows how to extract models and textures from other games. I need some to please extract the data from Metal Sonic in M&S@tOWG. I want to see and test somethings...

Kryal

Smash Ace
No, it won't work because no one will tell me what to replace in a **** hex editor!

Can anyone answer this? By the way, nice work Kryal!
Models from other games often have different file versions. These file versions will have more or less resource collections. In order for these models to be used they will have to be rebuilt.

THP conversion is definitely a good idea, but not that important at the moment. This also depends on whether or not PW wants to make a video replacement code.

Top Bottom