• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Each block has an alternate texture if you reverse it. Also, I haven't made textures for the structures, or any features other than spikes, fall blocks, and ice, so if you place one of those structures or features down, they take on the texture of whatever block you placed down last.
How is having an alternate texture for the reverse achieved? I'd really like to utilize this in some of my texture work for custom stages.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I just attempted to replace the textures from the opening (all the characters on the cliff) and it won't work in-game, but the BB preview works. I put sc_title_en in menu2.

Also, can someone give an at least semi-simple explanation on how to replace stage backgrounds?
Goes in private/wii/apps/RSBE/pfmenu2/, not /pf/menu2

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
In what .pac are the stage select images located, and how would I go about placing it on my SD card?

EDIT: Also, is it possible to change the character select roster in SSE to include alllll characters? I think this would be via a code, but, I don't know how to do that, and I'm unsure where to post this. Anywhoooo... Just a thought.

EDIT:EDIT:

BSZ, Seeing as you made a long haired Zero Suit, would the method you used be able to create a Rosalina type hair for Peach?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'm attempting to make Zero Suit Samus' Paralyzer gun fire Lucas' PK Fire.

Possbile? If they can get Link's Hookshot to fire Super scope bullets, then I'm pretty sure it is.

Help, please?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay, I'm attempting to make Zero Suit Samus' Paralyzer gun fire Lucas' PK Fire.

Possbile? If they can get Link's Hookshot to fire Super scope bullets, then I'm pretty sure it is.

Help, please?
Wrong, not possible. It doesn't work that way. Lucas' PK Fire is specific only to him. The only way you'd get it to fire would be while he is in the match too. The Super Scope Bullets are a common effect shared with everyone, thus why it's possible.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Wrong, not possible. It doesn't work that way. Lucas' PK Fire is specific only to him. The only way you'd get it to fire would be while he is in the match too. The Super Scope Bullets are a common effect shared with everyone, thus why it's possible.
Can't you transfer the character-specific effects from Lucas to ZSS as well?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Another stage I'm working on,

POKEFLOATS 2

Still needs a lot of fixes. As always, more pictures on my blog.

Oh and yes, they do move, beside Electrode who doesn't seem to be rotating. Another thing to fix.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
OHHH...Okay. That explains a lot, thanks.

Hmm...well, now I need to think of another projectile to come out of the Paralyzer...

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't sure if models would work in the HUD, but they seem to work fine.

I made the countdown from the original Super Smash Bros. intro where master hand count's down and snaps his fingers for go:

(click to play movie)

If anyone wants it, here it is:

The only problem is, to stop it from freezing, I had to remove almost all the HUD textures to bring down the file size... Still, it's kind of cool to see.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I'll finish shadows standing animation soon...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Another stage I'm working on,

POKEFLOATS 2
Awwwww. I was going to do this. Except, with the stage moving.

I was going to make it over Rainbow Cruise, using the nexfound knowledge of MiscData to create the platforms and stuff. However, it would use Pokeball Pokemon(and Rayquaza) instead of trophies.

Still, yours looks great so far. Though about the randomly floating ice blocks....what purpose do they serve?

Well, I can always do my other stage idea...;)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Just to clarify, if I were to make FD travel farther into the atmosphere...thing, using Z translation (I think), the characters (and camera) would stay on the stage with them, right?

Also, have we figured out how to fix stage boundaries and ledges? Is it StagePosition?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Awwwww. I was going to do this. Except, with the stage moving.

I was going to make it over Rainbow Cruise, using the nexfound knowledge of MiscData to create the platforms and stuff. However, it would use Pokeball Pokemon(and Rayquaza) instead of trophies.

Still, yours looks great so far. Though about the randomly floating ice blocks....what purpose do they serve?

Well, I can always do my other stage idea...;)

What do you mean by creating platforms? O.o

Also, the ice blocks are just there so I can stand there, otherwise there would be no platforms, but don't worry, I'll have a fix soon. Charmander's big now, too.

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
i have a question. if i wanted to remove parts of a stage, or at least make them invisible, what do i need to remove or edit? i want to use the level 1 target test background, but the stage is part of the same modeldata as the background.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
@Thatguyyoumightknow: Well, moving the stage's model itself would just push the stage back(or foward). It wouldn't actually affect the characters, who will stay in the same place as the stage was originally at.

You probably could edit the MiscData to have the stage move with the model....but I wouldn't have a clue as to how to do that. ^_^;

EDIT: Double ninja'ed.

BSZ: I mean changing the stage properties. Like, replace the boat with Rayquaza and edit the MiscData to properly fit his body. I was also thinking of making it like Kongo Jungle 64, where you could jump through the stage.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that, if you use Rayquaza, you'll have to rotate his body. I already have a rotated body, but his arms stick out, so I'll have to fix that as well.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@SuperYoshi888

I see. Well, you can still make your version of Pokefloats. :p

Also, do you know why I cannot put the snow effect from the Metal Gear Solid stage on my Phendrana Drifts custom stage?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well....no. What exactly are you doing with it?

EDIT: I just remembered, I think the amount of Snowfall on SMI changes depending on what song is playing. Maybe it's trying to look for the songs or something?

Do you have a download? I might need to take a quick look at the pac.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Sent you a PM.

How exactly do I fix an Assist/Pokemon's bones to work properly? I know it's possible, but I haven't seen any specific directions on how to do it.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
...Like, replace the boat with Rayquaza and edit the MiscData to properly fit his body...
We know how to edit the stage collisions now?? Since when? (You don't mean just replacing them with other stages collisions do you?)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
PW did it when he fixed my Falcon Destination stage(the raceway from his Final Smash). Check out the MiscData thread with the collsion stuff.

Untouch

Smash Master

Hello smashboards.
I see you're on the topic of stages.

Well here's some hype of vader's B attack.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Can you move parts of the model to different areas on the model? Like, I'm thinking of moving Zero Suit Samus' Ponytail to her butt to make a Tail. Possible?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Can you move parts of the model to different areas on the model? Like, I'm thinking of moving Zero Suit Samus' Ponytail to her butt to make a Tail. Possible?
Strange, because I've done that myself. Yes, it's possible through Brawl Box's animation editor.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Strange, because I've done that myself. Yes, it's possible through Brawl Box's animation editor.
I'm new to Brawlbox, think you could tell me how?(Through PM or whatever?)

I've been toying with BrawlBox and SmashAttacks all day.

For this Krystal moveset, please tell me you're planning to try and make the staff...
As hard as I can. I was thinking that I could attempt to use the Hammer's handle, without the head itself. Maybe, like, stick them together or something.

Resize a Home Run Bat?

Lucas' Stick?

I'm open to all ideas.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm new to Brawlbox, think you could tell me how?(Through PM or whatever?)

I've been toying with BrawlBox and SmashAttacks all day.
Just preview her model, load the FitMotionEtc.pac and then choose any animation, then take the ponytail bones and mess with them (Translation and Rotation).

n64billy

Smash Ace
Lol, people on this thread are really blind, I swear. :3
So true...

Well, do you have MSN? Bla Bla Bla
Add meh just for lulz! n64billy@hotmail.com (+It will give you the chance to nag me until I make that pack of PokePark Wii models)

Just for the fun of it, I got Deyoxs to load, renamed his bones to have proper names (With the exception of his arms), then played with him over Red Alloy...

*Looks off into the distance* I wonder who would be a good base for him.....

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Just for the fun of it, I got Deoyxs to load, renamed his bones to have proper names (With the exception of his arms), then played with him over Red Alloy...

*Looks off into the distance* I wonder who would be a good base for him.....
Hmm...I can't help but think of either Zelda or Peach, but they probably have too many bones...

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
So, yeah. Krystal PSA. She's replacing Zero Suit Samus. I have a REALLY BAD AND RUSHED texture, if anyone wants it. I'm basing this off of the Starfox Assault Krystal. My plans for a moveset were:

Jab:Two-Hit attack. First hit is ZSS' FTilt angled downwards, and the Second hit is ZSS' FTilt again, but angled upwards. Two hits directly, no extra button presses.
UTilt:ZSS' UAir
Animation Swap and Hitbox swap. Uair and UTilt switch.
FTilt:Her FThrow animation.
Yeah, I just didn't want the Jab and the FTilt to be the same.
Plus, FThrow's pretty cool-looking.
DTilt:Keep as ZSS'.
No changes.

UAir:Aerial ZSS' UTilt
Yeah, like I said with UTilt.
NAir:ZSS' FAir.
I'm also switching around her FAir and NAir.
FAir:ZSS' NAir.
" "
BAir:Same.
No Changes.
DAir:I was hoping for some kind of overhead kick, rather than the falling kick that ZSS does. I don't know enough about SmashAttacks or Brawlbox to do anything with it.

USmash:The UpThrow Animation, with according Hitboxes.
FSmash:Her Normal FTilt Animation. Only stronger. Much Stronger.
DSmash:Same thing as ZSS'.

I'm trying as hard as I can to get the Staff in there, but it doesn't look like it's happening any time soon. I was thinking that maybe, we could modify the Home Run Bat, the Hammer's Handle, or even Lip's Stick without the head.

Current To Do list:
-Find a Replacement DSmash.
-Get the Staff working.
-Move ZSS' Ponytail to her butt to make a Tail.
-Get a MUCH better Texture

So, if anyone has ideas, criticism, or would like to help, please tell me or PM me. I'm open to all ideas.

I'm also debating on whether or not to make a thread for her.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
why dont you make a magic swrd like echo blade zelda? since krystals staff is full of magic wonder :3

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@Nihongo-ookami

I thought you knew , but I'm also working on Krystal. For Fox. But of course, Fox won't be replaced, I love him.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Freakin' huge picture is freakin' huge. AGAIN. DX

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Wave Kusanagi, you cannot grasp the true form of my picture's size!

Boom, Wave Kusanagi got hurt and collapsed...

Top Bottom