• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
New version, finally! I've been trying to get the animation interpolation working properly. I've made good progress but need more time. I figured I would put out a release, seeing as how the brstm converter is working great.

You may notice that there are more buttons for frame editing.

Copy/paste will copy the frame for all bones. Keep in mind that this doesn't actually cache any data, it remembers what frame you clicked Copy on and then makes changes when you click Paste. Use this on the same frame for a fast keyframe-all.

Clear removes ALL keyframes for ALL bones for the current frame.

Clean does two things. First, it removes all bone references in the animation for bones that don't exist in the model. You no longer need to replace animations to do this. In fact, the program won't ask you anymore when you replace a CHR animation, you will have to use Clean now. Second, it removes redundant keyframes for ALL bone references. This can save you time and space, and you don't have to do this manually anymore.

My gift to you! Happy Holidays!
So awesome! Thank you very much and Happy Holidays to you too! I can't wait to make use of this! (Exclamation point!)

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to have a feature that only copies the translation values for the bones? That would make animation swapping much easier. Right now, when I copied frame 0 onto frame 1, the animation starts as a T Pose instead of just having correct proportions.

Sorry if this is asking too much, but I'm sure it's perfectly possible.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace

i want your guys opinoin... hows this look? just need to do the hair
and looks like i need to remove the eyelashes

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Ugh... I want to work on Gardevoir but I'm not going to work on her if I can't test her on a proper character. I refuse to make a half-***ed character that can't
grab ledges
use specials
swim
shield
dodge
taunt
have a victory or loss pose
make any sort of vocal sound
><

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Can we take existing sound files and export them onto other existing sound files?
I can't export the sound files D:
When making a new BRSTM file, you can only use sounds that are saved in the WAVE (.wav) format.

In other words, if you have an MP3 file that you want to use, you need to convert it into a WAVE file with iTunes or some other program.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Ugh... I want to work on Gardevoir but I'm not going to work on her if I can't test her on a proper character. I refuse to make a half-***ed character that can't
grab ledges
use specials
swim
shield
dodge
taunt
><
same reason i started isaac on ike
@power marshall: i may release my tools after i finish it. idk. it takes a while, but hey, it works

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
grab ledges
use specials
swim
shield
dodge
taunt
><
Try her on Olimar, a lot of characters have worked on him, and he's better than an Alloy. Its good to know you're still working on her, when I saw your Kari thread I thought you might have stopped her.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I've been messing around with BBox and hex recently, and it appears that when I attempted to copy Pika's bones over to Dedede, it wouldn't work properly in Brawl Box. I'm guessing this is because Dedede has a larger amount of bones, right?

Also, I'm still having issues with previewing certain models. Dedede still looks like an inflated balloon, and when trying to view Aryll's or Tetra's model it loads texture shadingB incorrectly. I'm willing to bet this is a problem on my side, because when I talked to BigSharkZ over MSN he said he had no problems with BB.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Okay, so here I have this pose hurr.

I need to have his sword inside the sheath visible, and his Dagger out at the same time; simple fix is to have the command that modifies what model parts are shown.

How would I find a polygon's value? Is it just the number listed?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

i want your guys opinoin... hows this look? just need to do the hair
and looks like i need to remove the eyelashes
...I hate to say this, but the headband that's simply textured onto his head from our other outfits looks MUCH better than this headband made from Martha's tiara. You might just wanna get rid of the tiara buddy. >:

But that aside, lookin' good so far! :3

pokelover980

Smash Ace
...I hate to say this, but the headband that's simply textured onto his head from our other outfits looks MUCH better than this headband made from Martha's tiara. You might just wanna get rid of the tiara buddy. >:

But that aside, lookin' good so far! :3
I disagree with you :U

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Hm. Wierd.

I'm getting a new "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." error when editing animations, it happens randomly on some CHR0s and T Poses others.

camelot

Smash Ace
Sorry for the wait, for those who wanted to try this out:

Here is the FitLink.pac, and here is the FitLinkMotionEtc.pac. You MUST have both, or else this won't work. Also, this isn't on Brawl+ Link.

Mash the attack button for rapid jabs, hold or press slower for the regular combo. Each hit is 2% damage close to link, 1% further away (like most rapid jabs).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Sorry for the wait, for those who wanted to try this out:

Here is the FitLink.pac, and here is the FitLinkMotionEtc.pac. You MUST have both, or else this won't work. Also, this isn't on Brawl+ Link.

Mash the attack button for rapid jabs, hold or press slower for the regular combo. Each hit is 2% damage close to link, 1% further away (like most rapid jabs).
kick ***.

good work.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't particularly care. XD
His opinion is just as valid as yours.

And I agree with him. It could use a better texture (Darker Blue, especially), but it's far better than anything printed onto his forehead.

Also, the jaw-line is a bit weird, but I'm not sure if you can fix that, fortwaffles. The revised face shape is pretty cool though.

Also, I look forward to the hair. I think that's gonna be the true challenge.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I used alt+printscreen for the frames (there's probably an easier way to do this), then used a gif editor.
Alt+Printscreen? :confused: What exactly does that do compared to just plain printscreen?

Also, Marshal, you win the internet. That is EPIC.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
He already made the hair, so that's already done, unless he is going to completely remake the hair the way he did the face.
If he was able to do it in a way other than stapling assist trophy hair on Marth's head, that'd probably be for the best.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
You rang?

*Large .gif that a lot of people would be pissed off at me if I posted it because they have slow computers*
:laugh:Are you ****ing serious. You should make that his lose pose. Could you upload that, please.

If he was able to do it in a way other than stapling assist trophy hair on Marth's head, that'd probably be for the best.
That's what I was talking about.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so are we able to copy a whole frame of animation and paste said frame into another animation, or did I read wrong?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yeah...Thanks for all the hard work fort...But I think I'll be sticking with the Roy we already have. ¦D;

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Yeah...Thanks for all the hard work fort...But I think I'll be sticking with the Roy we already have. ¦D;
yeah... i think i may too, but i'm gonna use the version in the second link with the old roy, because he has a less girly face XD
not to mention he also has less of a hole in the back of his head

Top Bottom