• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
But won't that change it to another format when saved? How will you get it back in since we can't import models yet? o_o
oh! it's almost too simple. See, brawl vetecies are floating point numbers converted to hex. just getting a .obj in notpad will spew the vertices in decimal. just convert them, and there we go. although, we will only be able to use the same number of verticies, and not change face assignments. plus... very time consuming, unless someon can find something to convert a list of floating point to a list of hex

Looks like i'll be manually extracting it...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
oh! it's almost too simple. See, brawl vetecies are floating point numbers converted to hex. just getting a .obj in notpad will spew the vertices in decimal. just convert them, and there we go. although, we will only be able to use the same number of verticies, and not change face assignments. plus... very time consuming, unless someon can find something to convert a list of floating point to a list of hex
I am so glad I took C++ for Senior year instead of Calculus and that I mess around editing Mugen characters in similar ways to PSA for fun. I don't think I'd understand a **** word you said if I didn't do either. XD;

But if you know what you're doing then go for the gold big guy. :3

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I am so glad I took C++ for Senior year instead of Calculus and that I mess around editing Mugen characters in similar ways to PSA for fun. I don't think I'd understand a **** word you said if I didn't do either. XD;

But if you know what you're doing then go for the gold big guy. :3
well, if i may ask, since you took C++, would you be able to take a look at this, and see if you can maybe make a quick converter? it would help a lot

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~tomf/notes/cps104/floating.html
and
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~tomf/notes/cps104/floating.html#dec2hex

I would need it to convert a txt file from something like

2 3 0.5
0.5 3 2
etc where every number is seperated by spaces, and 3 numbers to a line
to something like
40000000404000003F000000
3F0000004040000040000000
(converts the above numbers to hex, and no spaces are nessecarily needed... actually, even having it all on one line would help)
40000000404000003F0000003F0000004040000040000000
like this.
If you (or someone else) could make this (or find something that does this), this would make the whole process a lot easier. (and a converter to do the same, but vise versa)

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
(I would post this question in the WiiRD, big, mega-code-compilation thread, but I'm afraid to after reading the first page of posts -_-' )

Does anyone have a code for a custom CSS with ALL of the alloys that doesn't crash? The one I'm using only has the red and yellow alloys.

I also don't want to have to bump that "Let's See Some Custom CSS" thread just for my question.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
well, if i may ask, since you took C++, would you be able to take a look at this, and see if you can maybe make a quick converter? it would help a lot

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~tomf/notes/cps104/floating.html
and
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~tomf/notes/cps104/floating.html#dec2hex

I would need it to convert a txt file from something like

2 3 0.5
0.5 3 2
etc where every number is seperated by spaces, and 3 numbers to a line
to something like
40000000404000003F000000
3F0000004040000040000000
(converts the above numbers to hex, and no spaces are nessecarily needed... actually, even having it all on one line would help)
40000000404000003F0000003F0000004040000040000000
like this.
If you (or someone else) could make this (or find something that does this), this would make the whole process a lot easier. (and a converter to do the same, but vise versa)

...Did I mention that I BARELY passed the class for the year along with the rest of my feelow classmates? :D

Crap, well "someone else", can you make a quick converter for this guy? X__x; *really wishes that his teacher actually taught the class instead of giving random assignments, tests and F's left and right* There's something wrong if your entire class is one big cheat gathering. ¦D;

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace

Also, the textures are still named after Mario.
The lighting shows up, though it shouldn't.
Odd he would have EXACTLY the same number of model parts as Mario.
The Valve SDK shows the spy exactly as he appears in this picture. Including the incriminating lines on his head.
The bones should show up THROUGH the model.
The gray background actually feeds into other parts of the window - which, it does NOT if you change the color of the background as he claims to have.

It's obvious that this image is a...
BLATANT LIE! A very bad one, too.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
...Did I mention that I BARELY passed the class for the year along with the rest of my feelow classmates? :D

Crap, well "someone else", can you make a quick converter for this guy? X__x; *really wishes that his teacher actually taught the class instead of giving random assignments, tests and F's left and right* There's something wrong if your entire class is one big cheat gathering. ¦D;
lol, sorry... it's kind of a big thing to ask for. but if you guys want to know, im aiming for roy. yes, we have my crappy PSA roy, but we can do better, maybe also have his wonderful face, instead of marth's girly one. if anyone knows how to make this converter, or where to find one, plz message me.

EDIT: looking into .3ds, it looks like it uses floating point... so that may be all i need... idk

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
well, 3ds supposedly uses floating for the vertex numbers, but apparently, that doesnt seem to be the case, i cant easily copy and paste as planned. so, i'll try making a converter in game maker... since that's about all i know how to program in XD

Edit:if anyone knows of other 3d formats that stores vertex data in floating point, or think it may, plz tell
Edit: nevermind. I found a way to fix all of this, just one small thing stands in my way. that is, byte swapping. because in hex editor, 40400000 shows up as 00004040

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mind sharing it with us then wilt? Cause we sure as hell don't get it. ¦D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay guys, I'm talkin' to Z on MSN. He said it was just a little prank he did in MSPaint to take a break from his current little project since he was bored. XD

No harm done. :3

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. The Spy is on the game "Team Fortress 2". Team Fortress uses the Half-Life engine. Portal also utilizes this engine. Portal's story essentially has the subject searching for cake, only for there to be no cake. Thus, the conclusion, the cake (or Spy, in this case) is a lie!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Exactly. The Spy is on the game "Team Fortress 2". Team Fortress uses the Half-Life engine. Portal also utilizes this engine. Portal's story essentially has the subject searching for cake, only for there to be no cake. Thus, the conclusion, the cake (or Spy, in this case) is a lie!
...THAT'S where the phrase comes from? Sheesh, no wonder I never knew the origin. XD

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Success on importing verticies, now to try exporting them...
SUCCESS!!!

I have edited the vertices in a model editor, to move marth's face down, well part of it, and re import it into the mdl0, and it loaded nicley in there

and in game. I need to move his eyes too lol
So, in short, my theory DID indeed work :D

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
^ HOLY FUUUUUU--shizzle. epic censor is epic

So, back to the music tool, are we going to be able to edit our songs with BrawlBox as opposed to using GoldWave? I thought I heard that we could, but just checking.

And anyone who hasn't played Portal by now really should.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
It looks like Marth decided to cut someone's face off and wear it like a hockey mask....cool.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Using this software, can you load your copy of Brawl, change a texture, then load it on your Wii and play it without hacking your Wii? Also is this legal and can I do it without fear of being unable to go online if Nintendo finds out?

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Your Wii must be hacked to some degree in order to utilize any Brawl hacks. I'm extremely confident texture modifying online will yield no punishment as only you would be able to see them.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Your Wii must be hacked to some degree in order to utilize any Brawl hacks. I'm extremely confident texture modifying online will yield no punishment as only you would be able to see them.
What sort of hacking would I need? And does it invaidate the warranty?

Revven

FrankerZ
I believe that could be detectable if nintendo were to fix his wii or something, although i could be wrong
Nintendo wouldn't be able to "detect it" because the non-homebrew method uses Brawl's custom stage builder section... it doesn't affect the Wii in any shape or form.

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
Hey, I just started using brawl box and smash attacks, and it's going well so far. I'm trying to make marth into a fire emblem mage/sage. I know how to change animations, but my psa knowledge is limited, and i have a few questions.

I would like to make it so marth can use a flamethrower similar to bowser and charizard, I can make my own animation, i just need it to make the flamethrower during it. How would I go about doing this?

Another thing is I want to remove the armor pieces, sword, and sheath. I know how to do it in brawl box by going one by one on each animation and changing the scale to .001. Is there a better/easier way to do this?

If there is some type of guide that would help me with this, a link would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I just started using brawl box and smash attacks, and it's going well so far. I'm trying to make marth into a fire emblem mage/sage. I know how to change animations, but my psa knowledge is limited, and i have a few questions.

I would like to make it so marth can use a flamethrower similar to bowser and charizard, I can make my own animation, i just need it to make the flamethrower during it. How would I go about doing this?

Another thing is I want to remove the armor pieces, sword, and sheath. I know how to do it in brawl box by going one by one on each animation and changing the scale to .001. Is there a better/easier way to do this?

If there is some type of guide that would help me with this, a link would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
A video guide on how to delete model parts permanently without the animation file.
http://kc-mm.com/?p=2106

Top Bottom