• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kryal

Smash Ace
Kryal, this (and you) are quite simply amazing. Will points also be editable in this way as well?
Yes, editable points. I'm going to try hit detection so you can move them with the mouse.

hmm i always thought he had a production team
Nope, just me.

Kryal, I was wondering, do you happen to know why my Hat-less Luigi messes up the game? I do know how to remove Polygons, as I've done it a few times, the preview also showed Luigi without his hat, but in-game, it's just a bunch of messed up green and blue spots, and when you zoom in, it lags a lot, and Luigi has no body/face.
If it lags, it could be the video card being overworked. Possibly related to the way they've been removed? There are other ways of removing polygons, one of them might be the VIS files. Let me see what I can do.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Gah, way to do exactly what I'm doing :(

I guess I can just help put all the BrawllWall features into BrawlBox.
:( though
Well, it was a feature that Phantom Wings requested months ago and I never got around to doing. What can I say, we think at the same pace. ;)

Yes, I tried fully transparent mask, non-transparent, and even a different color. All give the same result.

I tried tweaking the flags, but those just cause things to flash constantly, if you are using Flag1 or 2 at least. You need Flag1 and IsSolid1.

I'll send you the mu_menumain.pac then.
Yes, I think I know what you mean though. There might be some cases where it uses a different color format, but I doubt that. You shouldn't have to change the flags, if you add/remove the solid flags then the game will decode the entry differently.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yes, editable points. I'm going to try hit detection so you can move them with the mouse.
Very nice. If this comes to fruition, I can imagine that it'd only be a matter of time before it gets applied to model editing.

By the way did you see my request? /annoy

Squilliam

Smash Rookie
Kryal, I have to ask... On an earlier post you claimed that you fixed the corneria scaling issue? Could you perhaps explain how you did that?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I have a small suggestion: Make the next version able to import Misc. Data. Please. I think it would be an easy to integrate feature, but it would really help me. (And others I'm sure.)

EDIT: Another small feature request, the ability to rename an imported BRRES package. (Or other imported file.)

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Kryal, I have to ask... On an earlier post you claimed that you fixed the corneria scaling issue? Could you perhaps explain how you did that?
That was ME. There's a bone specifically defining the scale in that one stage.

At the moment, it screws up the textures though. That's the only reason I even mentioned it.

sharigan77

Smash Cadet

Nope, just me.

If it lags, it could be the video card being overworked. Possibly related to the way they've been removed? There are other ways of removing polygons, one of them might be the VIS files. Let me see what I can do.
so you never do collaborations with Dantarion or phantom or other programmers for added features?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Yes, I think I know what you mean though. There might be some cases where it uses a different color format, but I doubt that. You shouldn't have to change the flags, if you add/remove the solid flags then the game will decode the entry differently.
Not sure yet. And yeah, I lost my SD for now, so no testing. But here ya go. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jhymn2y3g5z

Should be in MiscData 3 in the first ARC. the BG MDL0.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I think I have found out how to make custom videos (cutscenes) in SSBB..

If this works, I'll say how I've done it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

I already know how, but it does require the ISO method. If you want to know the method I know of I'll tell you. (Or, if anyone wants to know, for that matter.) Not here of course, I'll PM you. I actually was going to do it, but I don't have an ISO, and for now I can't get one. (**** torrents. I hate them so much! They put me 500 dollars over my internet bill!!! [and it was only 38% complete!!!])

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Why? I'm not showing any content. If I do, I'll do it on that post.
Basically, the only reason why is 'cause this thread is supposed to only be for BrawlBox feedback, bug reports, feature requests, etc. Basically we're just trying to avoid clutter so those things don't get missed. Otherwise we'll get people like me asking you how you did it and when you're going to release it for a couple dozen posts.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I already know how, but it does require the ISO method. If you want to know the method I know of I'll tell you. (Or, if anyone wants to know, for that matter.) I actually was going to do it, but I don't have an ISO, and for now I can't get one. (**** torrents. I hate them so much! They put me 500 dollars over my internet bill!!! [and it was only 38% complete!!!])
Uh..what the hell, torrenting doesn't make you pay for anything, unless you're just too stupid and naive to learn how to torrent, no offense. As for your way, I don't think it's the same as mine, but you could share it with me if you want.

Uploading another video.

Edit: Why does my signature only shows when I quote someone, and doesn't show fully?

Basically, the only reason why is 'cause this thread is supposed to only be for BrawlBox feedback, bug reports, feature requests, etc. Basically we're just trying to avoid clutter so those things don't get missed. Otherwise we'll get people like me asking you how you did it and when you're going to release it for a couple dozen posts.
Well, fine, if you want it that way.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
That's what I'm doing now. :p

Though, I think there's a bug with transparency.

255 is no transparency, but on the meter it's full transparency. 0 is full transparency but on the meter it's no transparency. Or, Alpha, anyway.

If you're having trouble, change one, note the color change and memorize what changes. For Example, in Group, All Top_Ns:

Base_Base_Mat and Base_Grade are the background, behind the X. Default is a very light shade of red.
Lambert151 is the black outline, excluding the circle on the right side.
Lambert186 and Lambert 187 are the neon, colored outline. Default is red.
Lambert210 and Lambert211 are both part of the X on the RIGHT side, inside the circle. One Lambert for each slash.
pasted_lambert161 is the color overlay of the GROUP text, default to a very faint red. Applies to new text too.

I forgot the other ones. >_<

EDIT: IMPORTANT!

IsSolid1 needs to be used if Flag1 does not make your color visible. Took me **** long to figure that out.
These sound like model names. Where specifically might they be located. Apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Uh..what the hell, torrenting doesn't make you pay for anything, unless you're just too stupid and naive to learn how to torrent, no offense. As for your way, I don't think it's the same as mine, but you could share it with me if you want.

Uploading another video.

Edit: Why does my signature only shows when I quote someone, and doesn't show fully?

Well, fine, if you want it that way.
Unless you're with Comcast or some ISP that does charge overage fees. Comcast has a limit of 250GB for data, and some internet providers may have a similar/lower cap. Glad I have FiOS and Ubuntu ISO torrents running. :bee:

Quick Reply doesn't enable signatures, and when you quote someone, scroll to Additional Options, then you'll see "Show your signature". The signatures have a limit of 125px, any signatures larger than that get cut off.

And yeah, keep this thread as a Brawlbox feedback/support thread and the Creations Workshop thread a showcase/etc thread :p That's what I made it for.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Unless you're with Comcast or some ISP that does charge overage fees. Comcast has a limit of 250GB for data, and some internet providers may have a similar/lower cap. Glad I have FiOS and Ubuntu ISO torrents running. :bee:

Quick Reply doesn't enable signatures, and when you quote someone, scroll to Additional Options, then you'll see "Show your signature". The signatures have a limit of 125px, any signatures larger than that get cut off.

And yeah, keep this thread as a Brawlbox feedback/support thread and the Creations Workshop thread a showcase/etc thread :p That's what I made it for.
Well, yeah, but that's not the torrent's problem, but his. I have no download limit, and I can download up to 2 MBPS (I have a 21 MBPS Modem with Router, I'm gonna remove the Router though, because the Modem can also be a Router, and is much stronger.).

Anyway, thanks for the signature problem, it's also because I remember seeing someone with a big one so I wondered.

fireking220

Smash Rookie

I found out how to do that a long time ago. I have just been reluctant to post it on ESH since I don't have a video converter.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I have a small suggestion: Make the next version able to import Misc. Data. Please. I think it would be an easy to integrate feature, but it would really help me. (And others I'm sure.)

EDIT: Another small feature request, the ability to rename an imported BRRES package. (Or other imported file.)
The misc data could work, I'll see. As for the brres package, why would you rename them? There's no name storage inside brres files so it would be lost. The name they're given (along with other files) is automatically generated based on the type of data the ARChive says.

so you never do collaborations with Dantarion or phantom or other programmers for added features?
Not really. The only code I've used was from NVTexture tools and the GIMP library, and these were modified quite a bit. I used one of the brmd viewer programs to figure out model decoding, but that was it.

EDIT:

Oh yeah! Phantom Wings submitted the data format for stage collision, which was very useful. :)

sharigan77

Smash Cadet
The misc data could work, I'll see. As for the brres package, why would you rename them? There's no name storage inside brres files so it would be lost. The name they're given (along with other files) is automatically generated based on the type of data the ARChive says.

Not really. The only code I've used was from NVTexture tools and the GIMP library, and these were modified quite a bit. I used one of the brmd viewer programs to figure out model decoding, but that was it.

EDIT:

Oh yeah! Phantom Wings submitted the data format for stage collision, which was very useful. :)
yeah i like to think of phantom wings as the ancestor (metaphorically) of ssbb haxors he always disappears and comes back (like a phantom!!!). so do you ever play mugen?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
LMFAO...the model for Samus's Gun in the common_en.pac has 35 bones. Someone should swap it over an alloy.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well, yeah, but that's not the torrent's problem, but his. I have no download limit, and I can download up to 2 MBPS (I have a 21 MBPS Modem with Router, I'm gonna remove the Router though, because the Modem can also be a Router, and is much stronger.).

Anyway, thanks for the signature problem, it's also because I remember seeing someone with a big one so I wondered.
It's partially the torrent's problem. Torrents are generally large files that would cause him to go overboard.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Oops, forgot to specify were to look. Her gun that I'm talking about is under Samus's MotionEtc, not ZSS(in case anyone was going wtf).

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I didn't pay to Torrent, I have a 5GB limit on my internet, and I was extracting a Torrent. You do the math. Thank God I had to stop extracting for the night, I was only 38% done and my bill was almost 500 dollars. About the vids, check your PM box.

My Verizon Air Card has a 5GB limit per month, so I definitely cannot extract a Torrent, which sucks.

Yay for the Misc. Data! I thought I needed to rename a BRRES because it was a different name when I imported it and the game didn't read it.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO...the model for Samus's Gun in the common_en.pac has 35 bones. Someone should swap it over an alloy.
Arm Cannon for S-tier.

Anyway, has the quietness problem for BRSTM creation been figured out? Sometimes it's fine and other times it ends up far quieter than it should. I never had this issue using Dantarion's BRSTM GUI.

cdrom1019

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to use BrawlBox to extract some sounds from a .brsar. When I select a sound and hit play, nothing happens. When I click extract....it will only export as raw....and then it gives me an error....the extracted sound file is also 0kb Is any progress being made on sounds extraction from a .brsar? I really need these sound effects.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Arm Cannon for S-tier.

Anyway, has the quietness problem for BRSTM creation been figured out? Sometimes it's fine and other times it ends up far quieter than it should. I never had this issue using Dantarion's BRSTM GUI.
Dant's GUI normalizes sound (to match other BRSTMs you have). You're probably not used to these. :3

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Dant's GUI normalizes sound (to match other BRSTMs you have). You're probably not used to these. :3
That doesn't seem to be the issue. I normalize all of my songs to the same volume before converting them, and this problem still persists intermittently. The songs that have this change in volume were ones I already did and decided to fix now that BB makes it so easy, so I wonder if there's some connection.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I'm trying to use BrawlBox to extract some sounds from a .brsar. When I select a sound and hit play, nothing happens. When I click extract....it will only export as raw....and then it gives me an error....the extracted sound file is also 0kb Is any progress being made on sounds extraction from a .brsar? I really need these sound effects.
.brsar can't be edited yet.

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
i cant get mu_menumain_en and sc_title_en to work. nothing has changed. what do i have to name them?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Put it in /private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/

No slash in between pf and menu2. Make a new folder in "RSBE" named "pfmenu2" and put it in there.

DQP

Smash Ace
i tried that alredy and it still dont work
same here. i edited the song titles for my music in brawlbox, and when i started up my wii, got to the screen with the "NOW LOADING" message , then i got the BSOD (black screen of death). perhaps this is the wrong thread to discuss this problem, but any help would be appreciated.

edit: bionic, i tried that, and it STILL wouldn't work.

Top Bottom