• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Unless I'm missing something really obvious, could we have the ability to add files, because I have to replace something then rename it to add things, and that won't always work well...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yeah brawlbox CANNOT export(rip) sounds from the brsar, but there are other programs that do that, the names of which I have forgotten

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Umm..... thats what i just said. lol i searched BSAR Wii and things in that sort, and i found a bunch of posts in this thread made by me. lol.

I searched Google And still could'nt find one! Ive seen bunches of them. Try Searching WII SDK on google. Or looking up at GBATemp.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Maybe. Try opening it WITH COMAND PROMPT. That way it will show what it says before it closes crazy fast. Most programs where u dont what it does do that. Try dragging the BSAR into the program

cdrom1019

Smash Rookie
the programs you're referring to are brsar_unpack and ripping_mama......and they both suck.....they get confused when they see a sound that is stereo and skips over it. It's only programmed to rip mono sounds. This is the only program that will let me explore the brsar and find the sounds that i need. the problem is extracting them. btw. brtsm is for music...and brsar is sound effects...and right now i need sound effects.....this would be a VERY useful feature for brawl box....especially since it's something that I really need right now

Kryal

Smash Ace
I'm trying to use BrawlBox to extract some sounds from a .brsar. When I select a sound and hit play, nothing happens. When I click extract....it will only export as raw....and then it gives me an error....the extracted sound file is also 0kb Is any progress being made on sounds extraction from a .brsar? I really need these sound effects.
There's a LONG way around it, but you can extract audio files by exporting the RWSD file, opening it separately, and then exporting the WAVE entries. It needs work, yes.

That doesn't seem to be the issue. I normalize all of my songs to the same volume before converting them, and this problem still persists intermittently. The songs that have this change in volume were ones I already did and decided to fix now that BB makes it so easy, so I wonder if there's some connection.
All normalizing does is expand the samples so that the loudest sample(s) reach a specified limit, usually around -0.1db. This means that if there's one part of the song that's loud and the rest is soft, it won't do much at all. If this is the case, you'll need to amplify it beyond 0.0db which will cause clipping. If you're using audacity, you want to amplify the audio, not normalize it.

BBox doesn't touch the audio samples at all, and I don't know what method Dantarion's tool uses. There is also a method of inverse-scaling that none of the audio tools I've seen have. When I get around to messing with the audio stuff again I might work on it.

EDIT:

Decoding and re-encoding a song produces the same amplitude. I've tested this and it matches the original stream rather closely.

cdrom1019

Smash Rookie
There's a LONG way around it, but you can extract audio files by exporting the RWSD file, opening it separately, and then exporting the WAVE entries. It needs work, yes.

All normalizing does is expand the samples so that the loudest sample(s) reach a specified limit, usually around -0.1db. This means that if there's one part of the song that's loud and the rest is soft, it won't do much at all. If this is the case, you'll need to amplify it beyond 0.0db which will cause clipping. If you're using audacity, you want to amplify the audio, not normalize it.

BBox doesn't touch the audio samples at all, and I don't know what method Dantarion's tool uses. There is also a method of inverse-scaling that none of the audio tools I've seen have. When I get around to messing with the audio stuff again I might work on it.

EDIT:

Decoding and re-encoding a song produces the same amplitude. I've tested this and it matches the original stream rather close.

where would i find this rwsd file? is it in the brsar or the iso itself......btw....i should probably mention that I'm trying to extract the voices of the koopalings from New Super Mario Bros Wii

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
would be awsome if while replacing animations would keep the same bone translations afor the character been mod, so they don't stretch with the other characters translations

I hope this can be considered, since, I hate having to copy paste x3 time on each bone so that the animation doesn't stretch

this will just make my day

I hope this can be on a future update, Replacing animations and only by the X/Y/Z rotations will fix weird animation switching

Edit* Now Imma try to give some examples

here's C.Falcon using ganon's attack11 animation and has ganon's Translations

and now, for an Image of C.Falcon, using Ganon's Attack11 (edited all translations (on each bone), to keep C.Falcons Attack11 translations)

so, what I would like is, a new export option or just edit the export option,to export only the rotations, and not the translations

it's a pain having to go from frame 1 to (what ever frames have the animation) and to each bone...

plz tell me Kryal if this can be done...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I thought I'd ask this here because I don't know where else to ask. We, the Doc thread, have been trying to remove Mario's cap, and force the game to load the hair model. This has proven to be more complicated than I had at first thought. Could anyone provide a method? We would greatly appreciate it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Hey guys, I thought I'd ask this here because I don't know where else to ask. We, the Doc thread, have been trying to remove Mario's cap, and force the game to load the hair model. This has proven to be more complicated than I had at first thought. Could anyone provide a method? We would greatly appreciate it.
Use SqLeons Poygon Deleter.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
yes, but will that force the game to load the hair model?
Nope. But I do believe that there's way to make his hair visible by using PSA. Find the event that makes his hair appear in his Side Taunt and... umm... add it to everything? Or do something smarter and easier that I don't know about.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman

EDIT:

Decoding and re-encoding a song produces the same amplitude. I've tested this and it matches the original stream rather closely.
Sorry, I did mean amplify. I wonder if there's some problem on my end then with the SD card...Good to hear there's no issue with the program though.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I'm going to post this here in the hopes that someone with knowledge can help me.

I have a question about stage backgrounds/animations. I have imported the asteroid background from the first section of Lylat Cruise into FD for a hack I've been working on. The problem is... when the asteroid field reaches the end of its 1800-frame animation, it just stops. It doesn't loop at all. I understand that:

A ) FD has a stage frame count of 9600 (I think; it's something ridiculous)
B ) Lylat Cruise is supposed to cycle between three backgrounds

If anyone knows how to force the background to loop, that'd be great.

cdrom1019

Smash Rookie
The iso I'm playing with doesn't have an RWSD file. It just has a brsar and brtsm. and the other programs that are meant to unpack a .brsar and utterly fail extract the sounds from the brsar as rwsd files. What should I do now? or should I just wait for FULL .brsar support?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did encounter a small bug for BrawlBox v0.62b.

Apparently, whenever you replace a texture with the RGB565 format with an image saved as a PNG image, the texture gets messed up for some unknown reason. Oddly enough, TarGA (.tga) images aren't affected by this problem.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I know this is a bit off topic, but has ANYONE heard from Vile or anything? We were supposed to have the sound effects guide sometime last week. Here we are in the middle of this week and still nothing. He's apparently (wasting time) making an example for someone's voices to sho along with the guide, but I'm pretty sure it can't take THAT long.

At first I thought it my be life stuff due to the holidays being over, btu at this rate, he's likely just being lazy. Has anyone heard anything at all? -_-

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Thats Vile for ya. Maybe he left like BSZ....... Tragic that BSZ left..... i was planning on leaving until i saw this new update.....

Anyways, the animator is great!

Rowland

Smash Rookie
can someone link me to the page that shows me how to work this thing? =)

ya know.. step by step...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Meh, BSZ whines and feels sorry for himself way too much for me to care. He's a nice guy, at times, but still whines too much. I doubt I'm the only one who saw this coming. XD No telling what'll happen to ESH now, but whatever will be, will be. :3

Edit: Sure Rowland. It's called the FIRST POST. Read it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Continuing on my message about messed up textures, when using BrawlBox v0.62b, you need to save your texture parts as TarGA (.tga) images when replacing them. Replacing a texture that's in PNG format apparently makes the texture part get messed up in game.

The next BrawlBox update should consider fixing this up.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^That only applies to character textures, right? I do all my CSPs as pngs due to the fact that tgas are much bigger in file size.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Sucks how they really didn't go for quality when they modeled these guys. =/

Falcon's hands look like something out of a GC game.
Great job, judging them when they're not even in-game. Second off, name one time in Brawl (Aside from the unrestricted camera) that you can see the shape of his fingers so clearly. Not once, aside from that SSE cutscene which was looked fine there.

Also, I swear that brawl isn't the best-looking game on the Wii.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^The SSE textures and models in general look richer overall than in the rest of the game.

Then again, the character portraits for their default costumes look better too.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
It really annoys me when people ignore posts that try to help them and decide to single out posts that don't instead.

As brawlbox isn't a picture editor, you'll want to use something like Gimp/photoshop/paint.net that can actually do that. I don't know much about these programs, but texture transparency is usually controlled by the alpha layer of the image.

Rowland

Smash Rookie
no no bro

i saw your post. and thanks for your help again. i do know that i have to use photoshop or whatever, im looking for someone to give me a step by step guide to assigning a specific color to transparency. i'll go check that other board like you said i guess

dont let insignificant computer interaction get to you like i did up there =)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Nope. But I do believe that there's way to make his hair visible by using PSA. Find the event that makes his hair appear in his Side Taunt and... umm... add it to everything? Or do something smarter and easier that I don't know about.
but thats the thing, I dont know what that event is...

Rowland

Smash Rookie
Using Photoshop? To make transparencies, just... make stuff transparent. You don't need to assign a transparent color, Photoshop uses alpha layers.
so i just erase the areas that i want to be transparent??
or is there a certain color i have to use?
and thanks

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
so i just erase the areas that i want to be transparent??
or is there a certain color i have to use?
and thanks
Deleting = making stuff not exist
Stuff tha doesn't exist = invisible = transparent

There ya go, just delete the stuff (only in .png's if using Photoshop. Photoshop does it differently for .tga transparencies)

Rowland

Smash Rookie
alright, so ive erased the areas that i would like to be transparent, but in the game they end up simply being pitch black.. =/

what might i be doing incorrectly?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
some parts just can't be transparent

and this place isn't really where to be asking texture hacking questions, just things particular to this program

about mario's cap, perhaps that and his hair could have their model swapped , so that one gets loaded by default while the other only does when taunting. but I got errors when I tried to load in the other models...

"index was outside the bounds of the array"

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at BrawlLib.Modeling.Primitive.Precalc(MDL0PolygonNode parent, List`1 nodes)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0PolygonNode.WeightVertices(List`1 nodes)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0Node.ApplyCHR(CHR0Node node, Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelAnimPanel.UpdateModel()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelAnimPanel.set_TargetModel(MDL0Node value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.ModelChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.set_TargetModel(MDL0Node value)
   at BrawlBox.ModelForm.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner, MDL0Node model)
   at BrawlBox.ModelForm.ShowDialog(MDL0Node model)
   at BrawlBox.NodeWrappers.MDL0Wrapper.Preview()
   at BrawlBox.NodeWrappers.MDL0Wrapper.PreviewAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.62.3658.42132
    Win32 Version: 0.62.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///L:/Texture%20hacks/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.9.3658.42131
    Win32 Version: 0.09.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///L:/Texture%20hacks/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Design
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Top Bottom