• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
What programs use .DAE files? I've looked all around on different websites, and I really didn't find much information on it. It doesn't seem like many programs support them either...

I tried opening the file in the 3D modeler I usually use, but I had to convert it into a usable format, so all I got was about 5% of the polygons from the original model (they where all in the correct place, but they where just random polygons from the model, so it looked like a jumbled mess...)

Anyone know of any converters or programs that will open these?
3ds Max, but you have to install a plug-in called COLLADA. Blender has Collada built in, but it won't open certain .dae files.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Wth. When he said model rebuilding, I thought he meant perfecting the model previewer, which is why I was confused on why he would prioritize that over audio stuff. But now I see the truth. Model rebuilding.....wow. Oh the days before BrawlBox.

Kryal

Smash Ace
The model rebuilder has nothing to do with an 'injector'. Injection implies placing/changing resources inside an already-existing model. Rebuilding means building from scratch, every piece. It would have the same functionality of the resource tree already in place, just changeable. There will eventually be a dae import/export feature, but my goal is that it won't be necessary (not much anyways).

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
There will eventually be a dae import/export feature, but my goal is that it won't be necessary (not much anyways).
Actually... I think DAE export would be essential.How else would you be able to retain the base bone structure, which, if you ask me, is extrmely important if you say, only modifying one outfit of a character. You'd want to have the bone structure readily accessible.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Actually... I think DAE export would be essential.How else would you be able to retain the base bone structure, which, if you ask me, is extrmely important if you say, only modifying one outfit of a character. You'd want to have the bone structure readily accessible.
Yes, but if the program is functional enough a person wouldn't need to export now would they? Either way you'd have both options. ;)

Okay, it's here! There are a few minor things that could be done, but I'm tired of waiting. No time for a tutorial tonight, so listen up!

To open up the editor, right-click the coll resource and Preview (just like models). Camera controls haven't changed. Just use the right mouse button again.

Left mouse button will select points/planes. If you click an empty space and drag, you can select multiple points. Click a single point to select/drag it, same goes for planes. Click and drag selected pieces to move them. Escape clears current selection.

Shift-click will add to the selection, Ctrl-click subtracts. Pieces cannot be moved while shift/ctrl are being pressed.

Points can be joined/created by using Alt. Highlight point(s) and alt-click another. Any highlighted points will join to the selected one. Clicking an empty space creates a new point. Holding the left mouse button will allow you to position the point before finishing. Escape cancels.

When no points are selected, alt-click and drag an empty space to create a new plane. You can chain them together for fast object creation. The new points/planes will be added to the currently selected object, selected in the object list.

Highlight a plane and alt-click an empty space to split the plane

Pieces can be moved with the keyboard using WASD. Hold shift to move faster.

Esc is your friend! It will cancel any current action (dragging/hovering). It will also clear the current selection.

Delete will delete points/planes. If planes are deleted, the points will remain in-tact. If a single point is deleted, the planes it connects will be joined.

Some objects are attached to models/bones. Right-click these objects from the list and select Snap to jump the camera to that bone (first one is done for you). You can then use the rotation slider (upper-right) to offset the camera to match up the 2d space. The star button next to the rotation slider resets this.

Left/right brackets [] move left/right to the next point/plane (select one first). This indicates the path the object takes. Adjust the plane types (floor/ceiling/wall) so that they move left-to-right.

Align buttons will align all points on the same axis. Select a single point first, then select the points you want to change (using shift). Click 'Align', and the points will all match up to the first.

The split button will split points so they only connect to one plane.

Merge needs work. Takes highlighted points and smashes them into one.

Ledges need to be set on floor planes.

Lastly, just play around with it. :psycho:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Awesome! Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks a bunch, Kryal!

Edit: The data is pretty far from the actual stage data on Hyrule Temple. Any idea why?

Edit2: Nevermind, that was apparently after playing with the slider bar on the top. My only suggestion would be a Ctrl-Z, or something. Because it's pretty easy to mis-click and screw stuff up, as the points themselves are hard to select.

Edit3: Okay. I managed to get Merge to work first-try. And now it won't.

n64billy

Smash Ace
BrawlBox 0.63 can no longer view the models for the main menus for some reason. It ends up crashing... "BrawlBox has stopped working"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The texture replacing bug in v0.62b still exists in v0.63. Using a PNG image still causes the texture parts to mess up, as shown on the image below.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Awesome! Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks a bunch, Kryal!

Edit: The data is pretty far from the actual stage data on Hyrule Temple. Any idea why?

Edit2: Nevermind, that was apparently after playing with the slider bar on the top. My only suggestion would be a Ctrl-Z, or something. Because it's pretty easy to mis-click and screw stuff up, as the points themselves are hard to select.

Edit3: Okay. I managed to get Merge to work first-try. And now it won't.
Try zooming in or viewing the points at an angle. Remember you can hold the mouse button to make sure you get it right. If you made a mistake press escape. Hold shift when selecting so you don't accidentally move things.

Kryal, Don't allow combining of "Ground/Left Wall/Right Wall/Cieling" the game will freeze.
Will do.

BrawlBox 0.63 can no longer view the models for the main menus for some reason. It ends up crashing... "BrawlBox has stopped working"
Haha, found it. Hold on for a bit until I can get a few more things fixed.

The texture replacing bug in v0.62b still exists in v0.63. Using a PNG image still causes the texture parts to mess up, as shown on the image below.

Send me the image/file so I can reproduce it.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
kryal, found something.

cant preview new pork city to modify its wall and floors ect. I got an error D:

and do you know about pokemon trainers and all his pokemons FitCharacter.pac?
then you trying to open it in PSA without dant's fix, you get an error.
but when I trying to open it in brawlbox, I only see one little MiscData but it suppose to see "the character external graphics" and stuff like that
do you know what is wrong? some bug or cant that be done to see theres external graphics? D:

and extremely great work with the collision preview 8D

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Suggestion for the next build. Make a button combination for dragging points. Just now while trying to select a point that was very close to another point, I accidentally dragged the currently selected point. This is a problem because there is no undo feature. Leave the left click for selection. Use shift+click or something to move the selection.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
What are the EFLS files for? in Green Greens, inside of them there are:
<null>

PtcStgDxGreensIbuki

PtcStgDxGreensHa

PtcStgDxGreensBomb

PtcStgDxGreensSmoke

What do they do? Something related to time of action?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Suggestion for the next build. Make a button combination for dragging points. Just now while trying to select a point that was very close to another point, I accidentally dragged the currently selected point. This is a problem because there is no undo feature. Leave the left click for selection. Use shift+click or something to move the selection.
WASD moves points also. If there are points close together, use the box selector. Shift-click adds to the current selection. I originally had alt as the move button, but then there was no way to create/link points. Maybe we could use ctrl+shift or something...

What are the EFLS files for? in Green Greens, inside of them there are:
<null>

PtcStgDxGreensIbuki

PtcStgDxGreensHa

PtcStgDxGreensBomb

PtcStgDxGreensSmoke

What do they do? Something related to time of action?
No idea. The acronym implies EFectLiSt. Just a list of names.

shadowsquid86

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been brought up before, or maybe something is wrong on my end, but replacing any of Purin's (Jigglypuff's) files other than her eyes causes an "unexpected error" and triggers a shutdown. I've tried this with multiple files and different .pacs (FitPurin01, etc.) but it does the same thing. I've edited Jigglypuff before, it just seems to be this version...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Send me the image/file so I can reproduce it.
The texture part that I showed you is for when Shellpod's armor breaks. I did a Red Shellpod texture a few months ago, and still kept the texture parts for it. The actual modified texture part is below.

Look inside the archive, EnmShellyBrres, and then go inside ef_shelly, to find the texture part for Shellpod's broken armor; it'll be called, eff_enem_shelly_parts.

You can find EnmShellyBrres inside a few stage PAC files, such as 120003.pac and 180001.pac.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this would be considered an error, Kryal.

It didn't do this for me with BrawlBox v0.62b, but when I try saving a file with v0.63, it gives me an error which says "Illegal characters in path". Apparently, the newest version doesn't add the file extension like it used to. You'll have to add it into the filename manually, otherwise it won't save.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Not sure if anyone else has run into this problem, but Replacing has stopped working for me since I updated to .63.

Every time I export something and go to replace it onto something, the file won't show up in the directory I saved it in even though it's clearly there when looking in the actual folder location.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this is amazing! And also very easy to use. But I was just wondering something. Can you change the bone that the collision data is attached to? I tried to make Melee's Venom stage by rotating the ship in Corneria (spelling?) 90 degrees, but that caused the collision data to be 1-dimensional.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> is there any way we could get like, mouse control to move/rotate bones? I hate pluggin' and chuggin'.
-DD

Kryal

Smash Ace
Okay, so all of these problems are occurring on XP-based systems. Vista and Win7 users should be fine. I'm starting to realize just how much the framework differs between platforms, and it's only the little things that shouldn't matter! I suppose this means I need to set up an XP VM just for testing...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I have Windows 7, gimmie a minute to test this out.

EDIT: Everything opens fine. What is it the problem is?

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
It works perfectly on Windows7 64-bit as well.

Kryal, you're a better man than I; I wouldn't even bother with compatibility with an outdated OS.
</blatant remark>

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Just a bug: on the stage collision previewer, the collision data doesnt rotate with the stage when you use the slider to rotate it. (I'm on XP)

Good work though. I need to learn some new stuff before I'm not needed for hexing anymore...

n64billy

Smash Ace
Found another small problem.

When editing the colours of the main menu buttons (In this case, the "Solo" icon), changing the yellow sections to red in BrawBox, somehow, after saving it, change to blue. The shade (How light or dark) of the colour is correct, but it's the wrong Hue (Actual colour).

No idea why this is happening.....

Kryal

Smash Ace
Just a bug: on the stage collision previewer, the collision data doesnt rotate with the stage when you use the slider to rotate it. (I'm on XP)

Good work though. I need to learn some new stuff before I'm not needed for hexing anymore...
It's not supposed to. The collision-attached bones don't have rotation info, and there are rare cases where the camera rotates around the stage. Dolpic for example. The slider allows you to offset the stage with the collision so that they match. For standard rotating use ctrl + r mouse.

Found another small problem.

When editing the colours of the main menu buttons (In this case, the "Solo" icon), changing the yellow sections to red in BrawBox, somehow, after saving it, change to blue. The shade (How light or dark) of the colour is correct, but it's the wrong Hue (Actual colour).

No idea why this is happening.....
I think this was brought up before, but I haven't seen it yet. This may provide another clue.

Okay, so most everything is fixed now. Release tonight.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has been brought up before, or maybe something is wrong on my end, but replacing any of Purin's (Jigglypuff's) files other than her eyes causes an "unexpected error" and triggers a shutdown. I've tried this with multiple files and different .pacs (FitPurin01, etc.) but it does the same thing. I've edited Jigglypuff before, it just seems to be this version...
Post error code if you can, and specifically when it crashes (after clicking what?).

Kryal

Smash Ace

Fixed.

kryal, found something.
cant preview new pork city to modify its wall and floors ect. I got an error D:
Fixed.

Suggestion for the next build. Make a button combination for dragging points.
Hold Ctrl+Shift to move selected items, doesn't matter where you click.

Not sure if anyone else has run into this problem, but Replacing has stopped working for me since I updated to .63. Every time I export something and go to replace it onto something, the file won't show up in the directory I saved it in even though it's clearly there when looking in the actual folder location.
File extension problem, fixed.

How exactly do you attach collision to a bone?
Why, with the update of course!

It's out! Various changes and bugfixes, have fun!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Kryal, I'm not gonna bug you too badly about this, cause I know how much more important other stuff is with BrawlBox, but when will you implement the ability to edit premade BRSTM's? Somebody gave it the "High" priority on your issues list, and I was merely curious as to when that feature will be released. I'm not gonna pester you about this...just wanna know

stickman

Smash Apprentice
It's not supposed to. The collision-attached bones don't have rotation info, and there are rare cases where the camera rotates around the stage. Dolpic for example. The slider allows you to offset the stage with the collision so that they match. For standard rotating use ctrl + r mouse.
Oh, I see. that makes more sense :)

I have a true bug for 63b. It seems that I can't view a model if its vertices have been tampered with. Before, the vertex editing guide was able to use BrawlBox to preview the model before testing it in-game, but now the model doesnt show up if you use that guide.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Good work with the improvements. However, the preview button has a bit of a dilemma when you disable it. Not a big problem, but one to keep in mind when comparing what the new texture will look like when replaced.

Top Bottom