• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Check the Etc and moveset.pac. If it is not in either of those places, then it is universal, which I think it might be.
saw in kittycorp that model and texture I am looking for is an extern graphics one in ivysaurs files D:

I have checked all of them but I did not found anything :(

the only possibles left is in Fit(ivysaurs Japanese name).pac file but I saw only one MiscData :urg:
I tried to open it in PSA (without Dan's Mod) and I got an error
think it most be in ivysaurs pac, only if we can open it up

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Exactly, because (no offense if your read this, FW) FortWaffles' model has screwed up ears, which surprisingly don't show up screwed up if Mewtwo is hit or if he is laying on the ground after being hit.
it's more of a method, to make the vertex collections for the polygons appear in a 3d editing program, you can't really blame him for the points not appearing correctly for some models, in fact, they might have made model parts with oddly located verticies before they were exported to the game... but really i don't think people can find a better way to change the model editing from how it is now, without somehow exporting and converting the polygons to match up better in the editors

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I swear mewtwo had anything to do with it at all. </sarcasm>

The change of plans I think was just because of the collision format being cracked. I mean, it's the next logical move to have some way to edit the whole stages, right?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
it's more of a method, to make the vertex collections for the polygons appear in a 3d editing program, you can't really blame him for the points not appearing correctly for some models, in fact, they might have made model parts with oddly located verticies before they were exported to the game... but really i don't think people can find a better way to change the model editing from how it is now, without somehow exporting and converting the polygons to match up better in the editors
I can't really blame him for Brawl's error, actually. The model looks perfectly fine in BrawlBox, but in-game the ears look screwed up.

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
same here. i edited the song titles for my music in brawlbox, and when i started up my wii, got to the screen with the "NOW LOADING" message , then i got the BSOD (black screen of death). perhaps this is the wrong thread to discuss this problem, but any help would be appreciated.

edit: bionic, i tried that, and it STILL wouldn't work.
I got this, too. There are two possible problems:

1.) Your info.pac is should be less than 400,363 bytes. Additionally, though it probably won't freeze until you visit "My Music", you should make sure your mu_menumain_en.pac is less than 4,258,033 bytes.

2.) This was my problem. The problem is that Brawlbox doesn't handle unicode characters correctly, so when you edit some song titles and resave the .pac, any unicode characters are saved as jibberish that Brawl can't read. I had to go back to where all the song titles are and look for all of the "é"s in the pokémon song titles (they showed up as kanji characters for me) and change them to a normal "e". Additionally, I think one of the Metal Gear Solid songs uses some Japanese full-width tildes (~) instead of standard English tildes (~), which I had to change.

If you go through all of your song titles and make sure there aren't any weird characters, Brawl shouldn't freeze.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
If you can't get it below those numbers, replace some wi-fi messages with ?'s. That'll bring it down quickly

Kryal

Smash Ace
Yes. When you change the bind/T pose for a model the matrices get reset. For weighted/skinned models it will distort any weighted vertices. Not only that, but the changes won't matter since the animation overrides bones anyways. However, there are cases when editing the bind pose is okay. For example: stage models that don't have animations ;). Also remember that scaling is applied AFTER the bone transform/matrix, not before. I know there have been issues with scaling before, so it's not surprising. Send a file so I can look at it.

In regards to the release: it may be delayed until tomorrow because there are still a few UI tweaks that need to be done with the collision editor. For the most part though, the editor works rather well and is a very good starting point for mouse-picking. And yeah, it's going to need a tutorial...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
In regards to the release: it may be delayed until tomorrow because there are still a few UI tweaks that need to be done with the collision editor. For the most part though, the editor works rather well and is a very good starting point for mouse-picking. And yeah, it's going to need a tutorial...
Tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday, next week, if we get a collision editor who cares how long it takes. Great job!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If you have any questions about the format, just ask.
And can we please view respawn points/camera boundaries/death boundaries like BrawlWall?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Yes. When you change the bind/T pose for a model the matrices get reset. For weighted/skinned models it will distort any weighted vertices. Not only that, but the changes won't matter since the animation overrides bones anyways. However, there are cases when editing the bind pose is okay. For example: stage models that don't have animations ;). Also remember that scaling is applied AFTER the bone transform/matrix, not before. I know there have been issues with scaling before, so it's not surprising. Send a file so I can look at it.
huh?

when i try to scale bones, it never works when there's an accompanying animation...but when there isnt an animation (which is a lot) it's essentially a crapshoot as to whether it works or not. I don't really need to send a file because 1) the problem earlier was that i didnt realize the animation wasnt changed, and i didnt read when you told me to change the animation instead; and 2) all you have to do is go into the bones section of a model (that doesnt have an animation), change any of scale/translation/rotation, and RAAAAAAAAAAGE when it doesn't change in-game (see: me failing to shorten WWR)...on the other hand, i can change the locations of the breakable blocks in the Mushroomy Kingdoms no problemo, just by changing their positions.

hype. as long as i can view the collision matched up to the model, i will cry tears of joy manliness.

shukakusand

Smash Rookie
Kryal....is there a way to fix the running loop?

It looks fine in BB but in-game it looks nothing like it.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
MK26 said:
i will cry tears of joy manliness.

(Sorry, that was the first thing that came to mind when you said that: P)

This is very exiting, will it be like the model viewer but with indications showing where the collisions will be? I'm just wondering how you'll do it since it's going to be 2D points on a 3D model.

shukakusand said:
Kryal....is there a way to fix the running loop?

It looks fine in BB but in-game it looks nothing like it.
If your talking about how characters seem to run and then stop for a second and then keep going and stop, etc... This is because Brawl uses interpolations on animations, and I don't think anyone has figured out how to set these yet.

( If you didn't understand any of that, in short: )

A quick fix that I've found to work is key-framing every frames translation of the character (or every other frame?) so that it's impossible for Brawl to put the character in the wrong location. It's not a very good fix, but it was all I could think of until we have the option of changing the interpolation type.

I hope that wasn't too confusing...

shukakusand

Smash Rookie

(Sorry, that was the first thing that came to mind when you said that: P)

This is very exiting, will it be like the model viewer but with indications showing where the collisions will be? I'm just wondering how you'll do it since it's going to be 2D points on a 3D model.

If your talking about how characters seem to run and then stop for a second and then keep going and stop, etc... This is because Brawl uses interpolations on animations, and I don't think anyone has figured out how to set these yet.

(If you didn't understand any of that, in short:)

A quick fix that I've found to work is key-framing every frames translation of the character (or every other frame?) so that it's impossible for Brawl to put the character in the wrong location. It's not a very good fix, but it was all I could think of until we have the option of changing the interpolation type.

I hope that wasn't too confusing...
Nope...I understood every word. Thnx for the info. and now I'm going to go try it. :chuckle:

Kryal

Smash Ace
If you have any questions about the format, just ask.
And can we please view respawn points/camera boundaries/death boundaries like BrawlWall?
Eventually, yes.

Collision objects are first attached to a model and bone. If the bone moves, so does the object. From there, the points are flattened so they are directly in front of the camera. This is how 2d points are mapped to 3d space.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Eventually, yes.
Well, you could expand the external file loaders capabilities to load any file instead of just one with animations, that way we could load the StgPosition MDL0 file and edit those while viewing the model. That would also make editing articles' animations much easier. Just a minor to add but very helpful feature suggestion...

Kryal

Smash Ace
Well, you could expand the external file loaders capabilities to load any file instead of just one with animations, that way we could load the StgPosition MDL0 file and edit those while viewing the model. That would also make editing articles' animations much easier. Just a minor to add but very helpful feature suggestion...
Post this to the issue tracker if you could. But yes, after the model rebuilder is done I can make an editor that will allow you to add/edit/remove bones, including StgPosition objects.

n64billy

Smash Ace
I've got a suggestion for BrawlBox.... would the animations play smoother if you have an option to turn off the textures and only show the model? That way it wouldn't have to render the textures or areas, it'd just show the model and play it.... I don't know if that's how it works, but yea... just a suggestion..

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi

do you mean a mouse drag able function? 83

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Post this to the issue tracker if you could. But yes, after the model rebuilder is done I can make an editor that will allow you to add/edit/remove bones, including StgPosition objects.
Adding bones? Well dang. How long do you think it will take to add that kind of functionality?

Maybe, once we can do this, we can get the Sonic characters to properly work by giving them bones? Or fix grab issues with Waluigi. This may even make Missingno. even easier to make....

Kryal

Smash Ace
I've got a suggestion for BrawlBox.... would the animations play smoother if you have an option to turn off the textures and only show the model? That way it wouldn't have to render the textures or areas, it'd just show the model and play it.... I don't know if that's how it works, but yea... just a suggestion..
The animations take a lot of processor time, so I kept the number down. This is because every frame the weighted vertices have to be recalculated. I thought about turning up the frame count and keep forgetting! I just did and wow, didn't think it could go that fast. I think the timer may have been a little inaccurate. So, now you can turn it up to 100 and it will be rather close to in-game speed (depending on your processor).

do you mean a mouse drag able function? 83
Yes. Mouse-select, drag, create...

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I thought about turning up the frame count and keep forgetting! I just did and wow, didn't think it could go that fast. I think the timer may have been a little inaccurate. So, now you can turn it up to 100 and it will be rather close to in-game speed (depending on your processor).
Shouldn't it be that you set it to 60 to make in in-game speed? Or is the number at the bottom not the same as the FPS?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
and add/edit/remove bones too 8D
what is amazing!
hope that works on trophies
Did no one see what he said before that?
Kryal said:
He needs to finish the model rebuilder first, so its going to be a while before the bone editer is done, not in the next update. Unless, it is already done and he is just keeping it a secret.;)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Exactly what is the model rebuilder going to do anyway? I mean, apparently it rebuilds models, but in what sense? XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ooo, I see. :3

...Wait, what!? O__o *SMACKED*

I guess common sense would've told me that since I was thinking ti at first. Definitely can't wait until that's done then. But I thought the problem was that the models that people have ready need to be converted to mdl0. Am I wrong? o.o

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

I guess common sense would've told me that since I was thinking ti at first. Definitely can't wait until that's done then. But I thought the problem was that the models that people have ready need to be converted to mdl0. Am I wrong? o.o
That is what the model injector does: Convert a model from .DAE format into MDL0 format.

pokelover980

Smash Ace

It rebuilds them into mdl0 format. I think :U

EDIT: Ninja'd by brawlshifter.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
AH! I feel stupid now. XD

Thanks for the info guys! This'll be something worth waiting a bit longer for. I'm sure it still won't be done for awhile, right? :3

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
What programs use .DAE files? I've looked all around on different websites, and I really didn't find much information on it. It doesn't seem like many programs support them either...

I tried opening the file in the 3D modeler I usually use, but I had to convert it into a usable format, so all I got was about 5% of the polygons from the original model (they where all in the correct place, but they where just random polygons from the model, so it looked like a jumbled mess...)

Anyone know of any converters or programs that will open these?

Top Bottom