• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

AMKalmar

Smash Ace

O.o

Okay, now I REALLY want to know WTF this is.
Launch BrawlBox
Open > Fit[Character][#].pac
Expand the first model, expand again, select the MDL0 and press ctrl + P
Expand the panel on the right
Load File > Fit[Character]MotionEtc.pac
Select an animation in the panel on the right
Expand the panel on the bottom
Press play
???????
Profit!

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
There's no preview window in the first place :< And yes, this IS version 0.6 that I'm talking about
Right-click your mouse on the character's .MDL0 file, then select "Preview" from the context menu. That'll open the Preview window.

I did try out the updated BrawlBox, but the model viewer has some problems...for some characters, you can't see all of their polygons; for Plumber Outfit Wario, you can't see his hands nor cap, even with all polygons turned on.
I'm having the same problem. I don't think it's my graphics card either, since it supports OpenGL 6.0.

Sonic is missing all polygons except his ball-sphere, and Zero Suit Samus is missing her face. The top of Snake's head is partially transparent. Mario looks okay until you remove the polygons for his eyelids and discover he doesn't have eyes beneath them. Yoshi doesn't have eyes either, but his pupils are still there - floating in space, like a dinosaur Cheshire Cat. All of this is occuring while the polygons are turned on in the side menu, so by all rights they should be showing up. I don't know what to make of it.

Turning on wireframes shows that it isn't a matter of the polygons not getting textures; the polygons simply don't exist. It's bizarre.

I haven't tried out all of the characters yet, but I am beginning to grow concerned. This program is quite an amazing tool and it would be a shame if it was rendered unusable for texturing purposes due to polygon glitches. I'm guessing the problem lies with the changes made to the .MDL0 nodes in this release? Quite a few major changes occurred there according to the OP...they don't use OpenGL as much as they used to. Maybe it's causing the models to not load properly?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Ok, so I want to give Falcon Ganon's Down Taunt and he's pretty tall and skinny, how do I fix this? I'm still new to the animation process.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Add Kirby to the above list. Only his hands, feet, and eyes appear.

These are the same problems that occur in Brawlscape, so I expect it happens for the same reason. What reason that it, I have no idea.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
I expect to see Mewtwo and Young Link updated wth new animations. NOW.

Now we can have a floating Lucario...finally.

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
I still would like to play as shadow in game... If anyone knows how to modelswap plz tell me how.
I need to replace Sonic with Shadow's model... I can do it in BrawlBox, but I want to do it in-game.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I still would like to play as shadow in game... If anyone knows how to modelswap plz tell me how.
I need to replace Sonic with Shadow's model... I can do it in BrawlBox, but I want to do it in-game.
Shadow's model can't be swapped for some reason, it just sucks :U

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I would love to get one animation set to a t pose to simplify the editing.
Instead of editing frame 1 or above, edit frame 0. All animations' frame 0s are T Posed.

Great feature really.

To add on to the list of broken polygons (lol), Bowser's eyes are missing, and for some reason he has two shells, and two sets of hands and some random skin rolled up like a towel INSIDE his model. o_0

TheComrade

Smash Rookie
Wow, no words can describe the joy that this update brings to my heart! Until now, I was simply too lazy to try my hand at any of this stuff, but with the addition of animation previews, I have finally come around.

As a result, I suddenly have the urge to teach Pit karate.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
That's his model during a lot of his moves, like air dodge, upb, rolls, side step, dair, etc. Just remove polygon 22and uh.. some other one I forgot atm.

EDIT: And polygon 19. It makes looking at it much easier.
And also thanks, I shall try that.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I just made Luigi flip off the camera on his Up Taunt. :D
First, Captain Falcon. Now, Luigi. Pretty soon, every character will be flipping each other off. :V

I made Luigi do something else for his Up Taunt. Took me about half an hour to set it up, though...

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
This..... is... epic! Nao Animation editing is fully possible! I opened up the PokeTrainer and used Peach's animations for Him. IT WAS LITERALY PERFECT. W00T! I have yet to try it in game though!

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Oh, also..

When I change the position of a bone on the t-pose, the bones move, but the actual model does not.. So it just kinda stretches and looks ********.

=[

pokelover980

Smash Ace
oshi-

open kirby's pcs and motionetc and check out SpecialSMax and SpecialSWalk

I demand someone create a moveset hack with these two
Wot.

I never knew such animations existed before now. Moveset hack is demanded from me as well.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Some things that I've been wondering:
1. When I take say, a Falcon animation, and put it on Luigi, how would I fix the proportions?
2. How do I make it so that Luigi's hair is visible in-game?
3. What decides the direction the character is looking? (eyes, not head)

DMN

Smash Cadet
Hi there(sorry i barly come here)
Um...is it possible to make Mario with out his hat with BrawlBox?

Edit:OMG Stuff2o is here HI THERE!

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
Because of the models not showing up properly, I have been doing something.
For sonic, use shadow's model to view the animations.
For kirby use zakoball to view animations.
Hope that helps!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That KaratePit is super awesome.

I found a very blatant example of BrawlBox mis-applying textures. It doesn't actually matter for anything I'm trying to do, but I figured I should post it as a curiosity/bug report.

This is the CD item from the file ItemCommonBrres.pac.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Hi there(sorry i barly come here)
Um...is it possible to make Mario with out his hat with BrawlBox?

Edit:OMG Stuff2o is here HI THERE!
Oh hai.

Here are 2 ways to get rid of Mario's hat:

1. Hex edit it after you figure out the offsets in BrawlBox.
2. Change the size of his hat to 0 for every single animation.

Top Bottom