• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I have to see that in motion!
It's not really "animated", though. You know how Luigi animates for his Up Taunt, where he goes into five different poses (Hoo! Haa! Hee! Hey! Hoo!)? I replaced the fifth pose with that.

But, here's the modified CHR0 anyway, so you can use it if you want to. I didn't make one for when he faces left, though, just for facing right.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3otzemnmiyz

pokelover980

Smash Ace
How? Bestow this knowledge upon STUFF2o.
I just used the translate thing to make his legs, arms and neck shorter. It took a while because each bone is different, such as one may be making the number lower to shorten it, and one may be making it higher to shorten it. It was confusing >.<

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I just used the translate thing to make his legs, arms and neck shorter. It took a while because each bone is different, such as one may be making the number lower to shorten it, and one may be making it higher to shorten it. It was confusing >.<
A simple way to fix translations is to first look at any animation's translations for each axis, and copy those over to your animation. What I've found is that no translations really change unless your character's bones get scaled bigger/smaller, I.E. Most of Yoshi's moves, Ness Nair, Falco FSmash, etc.

Another nice thing about this is you usually only have to copypaste it over frame 1 since it won't be changing translation, unless, as I said, a bone is scaled.

When I was fixing an animation all I had to do was copy over translations from another move into frame 1, and replace the rotation of the frames where the bone went crazy with the rotation of the giving character's bone. Works perfect.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I really really wish we could disable keyframes or copypasta all of the bones positions from a previous frame so that I could copypaste a T-pose or something to all of the frames so I wouldn't have to make the same changes 908234 times because Sakurai decided to make a keyframe later on that doesn't agree with the new animation I'm trying to make.

But this is really good for making small changes!

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
He mentioned something about copy+pasting frames in the FAQ...
Use cut/copy/paste for quick key-frame moving.
But anyway, this is an amazing update! I have no idea how you where able to do this...

Here's some things I've done: (Click to enlarge)

Samus, PAUNCH!
(That's the charging animation by the way...)

Messing with the stage position:

And a Video:
http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/blackdragon521/?action=view&current=HalberdTest.flv

I hope support for the textureless characters will come soon, both Kirby and Sonic seem to have the worst of it. I think the polygons are there, but probably something in the texture makes them invisible...

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I tried editing Ness' hats translation on his falling animation, and it looked right in the editor, but in the game got stuck halfway through his head.

Still, this tool is AWESOME. Also, proper bosses could now be made playable.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I tried editing Show Me Ya Moves for Luigi, to be the right size (I know it's been done). It looked good in BrawlBox, but his right knee was hundreds of feet long, extending up into space in-game. However, his feet and thigh were correctly placed.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
mac doesn't have .net framework.
mac/linux/windows/<insert other OS here> has Mono, the open source alternative to .net framework
Mono opens brawlBox just fine. It has troubles when it hits the BrawlLib.dll when you try to open/save something

PND

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I tried editing Show Me Ya Moves for Luigi, to be the right size (I know it's been done). It looked good in BrawlBox, but his right knee was hundreds of feet long, extending up into space in-game. However, his feet and thigh were correctly placed.
Luigi can't handle the Knee.

Let that be a lesson to those unworthy to "show their moves"

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
...I know im being repetitive about asking this, but I really need to know how to modelswap, not to see in brawlbox, but to actuallly work in-game. If anyone knows hoow, or can link me to some type of tutorial or guide, I will be very happy.
EDIT: I fixed a typo...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I was making Electivire (from the background of Pokemon Stadium 2), and everything was going fine, but then in one of the moves I edited his left tail Bone, then edited it back exactly the way it was, and then the tail turned into a Z. I only edited and then unedited one part of his tail, and that happened...

My plans for Electivire were shot down pretty fast...

@Richdog567:

1. Open two instances of Brawlbox.

2. In the file that you want to take the model from, open Model Data[0], open the 3D Models folder in that, and export the MDL0 file.

3. In the same file, export the Texture Data[0] file.

4. Replace each of them in the other file, respectively.

5. Replace/create animations. (Optional.)

If it doesn't work in-game then you're pretty much screwed. AT's and Pokemon normally don't work unless you edit the Bones in a method I don't fully understand.

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
I was making Electivire (from the background of Pokemon Stadium 2), and everything was going fine, but then in one of the moves I edited his left tail Bone, then edited it back exactly the way it was, and then the tail turned into a Z. I only edited and then unedited one part of his tail, and that happened...

My plans for Electivire were shot down pretty fast...
The only thing I can say is to exit out of BrawlBox without saving, and re-do everything...
And this time, don't mess with the tail...
Before you follow my advice, wait and see if someone else has a better idea.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
The only thing I can say is to exit out of BrawlBox without saving, and re-do everything...
And this time, don't mess with the tail...
Before you follow my advice, wait and see if someone else has a better idea.
That would work if I wanted to redo everything that I did, which took me hours. Also, if I don't mess with the tail, it just sticks straight out...

Also, I edited my last post and answered your question.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the stupid question, but I just couldnt get it. I was trying to get to model to show up in the animations(Manondorf) and I have no clue. If your feeling nice feel free to help. =D
Please and thank you.

Pinutk

Smash Cadet
This is AWESOME!!!! I think I have began to worship you Kryal!!!! =3
I'm gonna try model hacking. So like I was messing around with the models and stuff and tried to import a file onto the model as in a PSA and like would it stay on for that one texture? Although I never got it to succesfully save onto the model. And mine kinda crashes a lot :\
Assisde from that this is great! Keep it because this is one of the best brawl hacking tools EVER! =D

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Sorry for the stupid question, but I just couldnt get it. I was trying to get to model to show up in the animations(Manondorf) and I have no clue. If your feeling nice feel free to help. =D
Please and thank you.
1. Open a texture .pac or .pcs (FitGanon00.pac)
2. Open the model in the previewer (right click the mdl0, click preview)
3. Open the 3 toolbars (left, bottom, right)
4. In the toolbar on the right, browse and open the MotionEtc.pac (FitGanonMotionEtc.pac)
5. Look through different animations in the list.
6. Don't forget to hit "Play." >.>

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I hate giving a bunch of bug reports because it makes me feel ungrateful :/

But, as brawlshifter mentioned, there are cases where changing a value in an animation (such as Translation) and then changing it back will cause glitches. I changed the Translation of TopN for WalkSlow and then changed it back to its original value, 0, and I now have large graphical glitches across the screen whenever that animation is displayed.

EDIT: Specifically, I think his left foot disappears and sticks itself in the camera... :\

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hey when i make meh Models, why is it when i preview PKMN Tariner with other peoples animations, they're awesome, yet when i try it, it instantly crashes. Why? Messed up .pcs/pac?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Hey when i make meh Models, why is it when i preview PKMN Tariner with other peoples animations, they're awesome, yet when i try it, it instantly crashes. Why? Messed up .pcs/pac?
Its probably the FitCharacter##.pac/pcs. I've tried swapping the PKMN Trainer with other characters (before the animation creator came out) and it crashed.

@Eldiran: That's exactly what I messed with. (Translation, not TopN.)

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
1. Open a texture .pac or .pcs (FitGanon00.pac)
2. Open the model in the previewer (right click the mdl0, click preview)
3. Open the 3 toolbars (left, bottom, right)
4. In the toolbar on the right, browse and open the MotionEtc.pac (FitGanonMotionEtc.pac)
5. Look through different animations in the list.
6. Don't forget to hit "Play." >.>
I didnt see those toolbars. Thank you for your assistance. I'm sorry for being so dull. =[

walter01

Smash Cadet
looking at that zelda... i really wanna make saddler from RE4 now... if only i could

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to publicly announce that my previous Sheik freezing troubles have all vanished thanks to v.60. Thanks so much, Kryal! Time to load up the old Echo Blade again...

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice

I wonder how far we are from being able to get all the assist trophies to successfully replace characters...

LxTrix

Smash Rookie
So can you open pac or pcs files to view the character and take pictures for portraits or tga?

Top Bottom