• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
bug: in the advanced model editor on the left side, minimizing textures, bones, and polygons (in that order), then opening bones, prevents you from reopening polygons, no mater what yuo do

and just minimizing and maximizing those three in any order starts to screw stuff up...i managed to get bones and textures to switch just by pointing and clicking...

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
I've also got a minor bug report, when exporting a file with a dot in it (ex. Pikachu_eyes.00) it's exported as a .00 file. Taking the dot away within Brawlbox fixes this though, just thought you should know.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
I got it. What's funny is that I'd also somehow borked the Env texture, so he went all white (the striping that is missing in the model viewer was the only hint of color he had).

Anyway, I finally got the change I was looking for, and now he looks, well, rusted... LOL!

It still didn't work as FitZakoBoy01.pcs, though, which is a bummer.

I have an idea for something else I can try, though, so I'll see what I can come up with.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I got it. What's funny is that I'd also somehow borked the Env texture, so he went all white (the striping that is missing in the model viewer was the only hint of color he had).

Anyway, I finally got the change I was looking for, and now he looks, well, rusted... LOL!

It still didn't work as FitZakoBoy01.pcs, though, which is a bummer.

I have an idea for something else I can try, though, so I'll see what I can come up with.
Name it to FitZakoBoy00.pcs, not 01.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Quick question. I'm trying to do CSPs again and I noticed that whenever I try to replace a CSP, brawlbox recommends that the replacement I make be in CMPR format instead of the original texture format.

For example, Kirby's original CSPs are in C18. Brawlbox recommends CMPR. Will changing the texture format of the CSPs screw anything up in game?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
No, Alpha. It just suggests the best format in case your portrait has say, transparency (in a different way) or more or less colors, etc.

Question:

Why, when I edit Group's CLR0 and change the border, does the whole background of the button invert its colors? They are red in BrawlBox.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Quick question. I'm trying to do CSPs again and I noticed that whenever I try to replace a CSP, brawlbox recommends that the replacement I make be in CMPR format instead of the original texture format.

For example, Kirby's original CSPs are in C18. Brawlbox recommends CMPR. Will changing the texture format of the CSPs screw anything up in game?
NEVER change the texture formats, or else the game will almost always freeze.

Also, the texture format is called CI8, NOT C18.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Kryal, I'd like to make a feature request: specifically, it would be fantastic if there were a way to copy only the Translation fields of a bone. This would be incredibly useful even if it only copied the translations for one bone for one frame.

This would be useful because in order to make one character's animation "fit" another character, all you have to do in most cases is edit the translations to be more or less the same.

I would be more than content even if this function weren't even a proper button (considering how tough it would be to fit) but were instead some key command. Like Shift+Ctrl+C or something.

Anyway, regardless, BrawlBox is still amazing, so I can deal even if the above isn't an option.

EDIT: Thanks for the quick response on the bug fixes!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
After replacing 1500 colors (Yes..fingers hurt >_>), I thought I could export/replace that file but apparently I cannot. It gives me this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703EE)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Win32.SafeHandle.ErrorCheck()
at BrawlLib.IO.wFileMap..ctor(VoidPtr hFile, FileMapProtect protect, Int64 offset, UInt32 length)
at BrawlLib.IO.FileMap.FromStream(FileStream stream, FileMapProtect prot, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Export(FileStream outStream)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Export(String outPath)
at BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.OnExport(String outPath, Int32 filterIndex)
at BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.Export()
at BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.ExportAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
Assembly Version: 0.62.3658.42132
Win32 Version: 0.62.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Brawl%20Box%200.62b/BrawlBox%200.62b.exe
BrawlLib
Assembly Version: 0.9.3658.42131
Win32 Version: 0.09.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Brawl%20Box%200.62b/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Can mu_menumain.pac be loaded through SD? What I did doesn't seem to be working, there's no changes. Also, my signature dissapeared again. >_>

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
After replacing 1500 colors (Yes..fingers hurt >_>), I thought I could export/replace that file but apparently I cannot. It gives me this error:

Any suggestions?

Edit: Can mu_menumain.pac be loaded through SD? What I did doesn't seem to be working, there's no changes. Also, my signature dissapeared again. >_>
You know you can just select them all and edit them at once with gradients instead of doing it one by one? xD

I get that error too. Just don't export or replace for now, until Kyral gets a fix.

I hope you didn't edit one part of the background in the menu, because for all that work you're going to be pissed that it only changes a tiny bit of it. D:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
mu_menumain.pac goes in the pfmenu2 directory. Not pf/menu2. Also, the textures for it are confusing. I wanted to change the menu colors(brawl, solo, etc), but I had no idea where they were.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I wanted to play around with the CLRO files and recolor the all the red brawl buttons to blue.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I wanted to play around with the CLRO files and recolor the all the red brawl buttons to blue.
That's what I'm doing now. :p

Though, I think there's a bug with transparency.

255 is no transparency, but on the meter it's full transparency. 0 is full transparency but on the meter it's no transparency. Or, Alpha, anyway.

If you're having trouble, change one, note the color change and memorize what changes. For Example, in Group, All Top_Ns:

Base_Base_Mat and Base_Grade are the background, behind the X. Default is a very light shade of red.
Lambert151 is the black outline, excluding the circle on the right side.
Lambert186 and Lambert 187 are the neon, colored outline. Default is red.
Lambert210 and Lambert211 are both part of the X on the RIGHT side, inside the circle. One Lambert for each slash.
pasted_lambert161 is the color overlay of the GROUP text, default to a very faint red. Applies to new text too.

I forgot the other ones. >_<

EDIT: IMPORTANT!

IsSolid1 needs to be used if Flag1 does not make your color visible. Took me **** long to figure that out.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can mu_menumain.pac be loaded through SD? What I did doesn't seem to be working, there's no changes. Also, my signature dissapeared again. >_>
Wow, people are STILL asking this? O_o

private\wii\app\RSBE\pfmenu2

Put it in there. Yes, pfmenu2 instead of pf/menu2. Don't question it, just DO IT. ¦D

sharigan77

Smash Cadet
BrawlBox is NOT an audio editor, nor is it an image editor. If you want professional audio/video tools then there are plenty of them out there (and free). If you're particular enough about quality, then you should be using these tools anyways.

All you have to do is export the audio, change it, re-create. If I get enough requests for a normalizer/sound gate then I may do so, mainly because it's fairly easy. But this would only be for the encoder.
i know that its not an audio editor but i think it would save some space on my computer if it could edit audio a bit because some of us have computers with crappy space *sigh*

would this sound gate automatically set the sample numbers?

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
i know that its not an audio editor but i think it would save some space on my computer if it could edit audio a bit because some of us have computers with crappy space *sigh*
Audacity is a free sound editor program that takes up less than 10 megabytes on your hard drive. You really wouldn't be saving that much space by moving its functions to BrawlBox, so there isn't much need to do so -- unless your computer is so full of files that 10 megabytes may mean the difference between life and death for it. In which case, you should probably start deleting junk or get an external USB hard drive and move your junk over to it.

Really, the only sound-editing feature that would make sense to include in BrawlBox is an amplifier, because a lot of custom-looped BRSTMs wind up sounding really quiet in the game unless they're amplified beforehand. But even that can be easily done in Audacity; the only reason we'd need it in BrawlBox is for the sake of convenience, making it a very low-priority feature request.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
found one bug in brawlbox

I can open the models in "ef_pokemon" in the Common3 in version 0.60 but I get an error if I trying to open the models in 0.62

sorry... my fault, I used 92a, not 62b ;_;

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, so that's why it wasn't loading..

And I copied pasted 1500 times for no reason when I could have done it with one click? =.=

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Adding on to before...

Whenever you change the color of some CLR0s, it changes to a different color after saving or exporting...For example, after exportation Blue changes to Yellow...

Flags are still confusing me very much too. Flag2 makes most of the CLR0s just flash repeatedly, and other IsSolid 's just make the color transparent. Flag1 with IsSolid1 works fine. Wonder why.

Edit: HAHAH, I'm so stupid. Nvm. Colors still change, though. Blue turns the color fully transparent in-game, even after modifying the transparency.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Audacity is a free sound editor program that takes up less than 10 megabytes on your hard drive. You really wouldn't be saving that much space by moving its functions to BrawlBox, so there isn't much need to do so -- unless your computer is so full of files that 10 megabytes may mean the difference between life and death for it. In which case, you should probably start deleting junk or get an external USB hard drive and move your junk over to it.

Really, the only sound-editing feature that would make sense to include in BrawlBox is an amplifier, because a lot of custom-looped BRSTMs wind up sounding really quiet in the game unless they're amplified beforehand. But even that can be easily done in Audacity; the only reason we'd need it in BrawlBox is for the sake of convenience, making it a very low-priority feature request.
Blah, Audacity is garbage. GoldWave is much easier to handle. ¦3

sharigan77

Smash Cadet

brawlbox's existence is on being an convenient program for people with little to no programing experience I'm just saying it should be an all in one program why not be able to edit music on it and save a little time brawlbox is a great program i just think that editing music would be a great addition to the program.....

wow i said program too much (5 times)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
brawlbox's existence is on being an convenient program for people with little to no programing experience I'm just saying it should be an all in one program why not be able to edit music on it and save a little time brawlbox is a great program i just think that editing music would be a great addition to the program.....

wow i said program too much (5 times)
There'd be nothing wrong with BrawlBox being able to edit music, but Kryal only has so much time to put to use implementing features. That time would be better spent on things not easily done with other programs.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Alright, here's a (sort of) look at my problem. I made the BG Black, the circles blue and the GROUP button blue with a black outline, but what's queer is I can't change the Xs to anything but red because every other color either turns transparent or some other color. Blue always goes transparent.

Also, look at the text when it's not highlighted. That was me trying to make it white transparency like the other CLR0s have it. Exactly copypasted over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b_9FclsMP4&feature=player_embedded

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm back on BrawlBox after a couple of months to try some new stuff out. Back when we had the .60 version, it was able to load Samus up perfectly but with .61 and .62 (betas as well), I'm unable to load her textures... Everything is black...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm back on BrawlBox after a couple of months to try some new stuff out. Back when we had the .60 version, it was able to load Samus up perfectly but with .61 and .62 (betas as well), I'm unable to load her textures... Everything is black...
Disable the env and morph ball textures.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ugh... I was hoping that all this color editing stuff would let me finally be able to change Super Sonic's color, but I have no idea what even changes it in the first place. I have no idea where to look in his FS's pac. T__T;

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
Since no one's mentioned it yet (I think), I'd like to throw in that Unicode support would be really nice for BrawlBox. It doesn't seem to play very well with a lot of the messages in the .msbin files that use unicode characters (i.e., Pokémon, any Japanese characters).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ugh... I was hoping that all this color editing stuff would let me finally be able to change Super Sonic's color, but I have no idea what even changes it in the first place. I have no idea where to look in his FS's pac. T__T;
Super Sonic has no CLR0 files. Therefore, something inside his model data must be responsible for the yellow body glow.

Oddly enough, Captain Falcon's visor eyes aren't controlled by CLR0 files either.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Super Sonic has no CLR0 files. Therefore, something inside his model data must be responsible for the yellow body glow.

Oddly enough, Captain Falcon's visor eyes aren't controlled by CLR0 files either.
...Once again, Sonic's **** is the most annoyingly complicated of all. UGH. I want to make Hyper Sonic! DX

camelot

Smash Ace
Alright, here's a (sort of) look at my problem. I made the BG Black, the circles blue and the GROUP button blue with a black outline, but what's queer is I can't change the Xs to anything but red because every other color either turns transparent or some other color. Blue always goes transparent.

Also, look at the text when it's not highlighted. That was me trying to make it white transparency like the other CLR0s have it. Exactly copypasted over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b_9FclsMP4&feature=player_embedded
What file is the background for the menu in? I want to take a look at that...

Kryal

Smash Ace
I've also got a minor bug report, when exporting a file with a dot in it (ex. Pikachu_eyes.00) it's exported as a .00 file. Taking the dot away within Brawlbox fixes this though, just thought you should know.
Yes, the save dialog in .NET considers that your extension, and the program doesn't question your input.

No, Alpha. It just suggests the best format in case your portrait has say, transparency (in a different way) or more or less colors, etc.

Question:

Why, when I edit Group's CLR0 and change the border, does the whole background of the button invert its colors? They are red in BrawlBox.
The program suggests formats in order to achieve the best quality. Images with multiple transparencies will have RGB5A3; Single transparencies will have CMPR (this saves a TON of space also).

Changing the image format doesn't necessarily damage the file or cause the game to freeze. If your file is over the size limit then it will. This is kind of in response to everyone's texture format questions: BEFORE we were able to rebuild/relink string references, any changes made to texture size would cause other files to corrupt and freeze. This shouldn't happen anymore since almost every file type has post-processing now that re-links offsets and names.

Another thing you should note is that the model doesn't know anything about texture formats. All it does is request a texture name from the loader, which in-turn decodes textures and other resources from within archives. The game also has no clue what's inside a BRES pack, and it is my understanding that the loader will link ANYTHING inside the pack to a model so long as the resources are named properly.

It's kind of a goal of mine to allow a person to add/create any resource type (VIS0, CLR0, SRT0, SHP0) to a package and link it up to the model and other resources.

I didn't expect to have export/import capabilities on the individual CLR0 entries because they all have different sizes (depending on which animation they're linked to?), and I forgot to disable the option in the menu. Maybe I can find a way to do it.

Top Bottom