• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlbox v0.67b Released

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
BlackJax96 said:
*insert responses to stuff here*

Good news! I got the texture matrices to work (perfect metal textures!) and I've almost got the object importer finished.

It can import an object node, weighted or not, all of its linked nodes (including the material and its shader), and all the bones that influence it, or even completely merge the two models and save flawlessly.

The only problem with it is that the primitive manager for the imported object sometimes disposes itself randomly and pretty much screws everything up. I think it has to do with Brawlbox thinking that it's still in the external model, and deletes the manager when the external model is closed.

I've also been doing tests to Mario by changing unknown material and shader values around to obnoxiously different numbers, and I've made some pretty odd discoveries lol. I plan on making a thread sometime soon for material/shader research and tips/tricks.
What he basically means is...
BlackJax96 said:
You will be able to put Marth's sword in Ike's left hand so Ike dual wields swords without 3ds Max and you can put perfect metal textures on imports.

shanus

Smash Hero
BJ96 - any chance that editing can be done with Intellisense or whatever its called? Typing instead of pressing Add and selecting commands would be so damn spiffy

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Moveset and animation editing right in one program would be swell, but I'm concerned about file corruption. Obviously, there's never any guarantee with any of these programs, but I'm pretty sure the most recent Brawlbox corrupted one of my animation files.

Unfortunately, the only specifics I can offer about the corruption was that I was porting some of Ike's animations into Ganon's animation file. I used the "port animation" feature to get the trans values right, and I got an error on saving. The file wouldn't save right in the old Brawlbox after that, either.

However, when I used a fresh Ganon file and used old Brawlbox to port the animations over, it worked fine.

I don't know if anyone else has had any errors or if any of that info helps, but there it is.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
BJ96 - any chance that editing can be done with Intellisense or whatever its called? Typing instead of pressing Add and selecting commands would be so damn spiffy
I dunno, something like that would need a lot of string checking :X

Moveset and animation editing right in one program would be swell, but I'm concerned about file corruption. Obviously, there's never any guarantee with any of these programs, but I'm pretty sure the most recent Brawlbox corrupted one of my animation files.

Unfortunately, the only specifics I can offer about the corruption was that I was porting some of Ike's animations into Ganon's animation file. I used the "port animation" feature to get the trans values right, and I got an error on saving. The file wouldn't save right in the old Brawlbox after that, either.

However, when I used a fresh Ganon file and used old Brawlbox to port the animations over, it worked fine.

I don't know if anyone else has had any errors or if any of that info helps, but there it is.
If you posted the error here, I could've fixed it. D:
Usually I can tell what's wrong just by the error text.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
KC-MM is down right now, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask about brawlbox here.

1: How do I fix mdl0s with Headerlens that are 280+ bytes long?

2: How do I take pics with the new Brawlbox?

3: Will there be a feature that can read bin files?

mariodk

Smash Ace
KC-MM is down right now, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask about brawlbox here.

how to take pics on Brawlbox:
same way you take screenshot of yours screen

but it will be awesome if Brawlbox can get a feature to take screenshots(for CSP making)

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice

1. Which headers? There are a lot of them in the MDL0...

2. Same way you take a picture of your desktop

3. No, too general of a format

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I basically want to know how to shorten bone lengths. I heard that bones must be 208 bytes long to work in Brawl.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I basically want to know how to shorten bone lengths. I heard that bones must be 208 bytes long to work in Brawl.
There's not a button to remove the extra stuff right now, but you can open the bone in a hex editor, find it in the MDL0 file, and hex the part2offset to be 0. Then all you need to do is open the mdl0 in Brawlbox, change something, and then save and the bone will be 208 bytes in length.

The part2offset is at offset 0x6C (with the base being the start of the bone) and is a 4 byte long integer. Just change those 4 bytes to all 0s.

Edit:

I seem to have finished REFT parsing faster than I expected, thanks to a combination of Kryal's REFF structs and texture decoding functions, and Tcll's reft image header notes.

mariodk

Smash Ace
nice, we can edit effects now?
that will be Awesome if we can

also replace/Port Effects like Cf´s up-taunt Fire effect to over one of Pit´s effect?

or remove some of Lucas´s effects then a EX-GFX model is used
like some lighting i dont want on a EX-GFX model but still come no matter what i do

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
There's not a button to remove the extra stuff right now, but you can open the bone in a hex editor, find it in the MDL0 file, and hex the part2offset to be 0. Then all you need to do is open the mdl0 in Brawlbox, change something, and then save and the bone will be 208 bytes in length.

The part2offset is at offset 0x6C (with the base being the start of the bone) and is a 4 byte long integer. Just change those 4 bytes to all 0s.

Edit:

I seem to have finished REFT parsing faster than I expected, thanks to a combination of Kryal's REFF structs and texture decoding functions, and Tcll's reft image header notes.

So awesome =D Now the REFT file only needs an icon. Will the textures use TEX0 icons?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi

Edit:

hell yeaaaah!

Toomai

Smash Ace
any progress on toomaibox?
v0.64 B-γ is close to release (close as in "hopefully a few days depending on progress of two massive real-world projects"). Will include hurtboxes as well as a shield display.

Then I'll give whoever the big cheese is the hitbox/hurtbox source code and wait for the moveset editing source code so I can apply some awesome to that.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Awesome, I just took a quick look at the source code for Wavefront, and you guys already have enough to make OBJ exporting work. OBJ parsing shouldn't be too much of a problem either. I know, I've done it with Turbo Model Thingy (it's a Minecraft thing).

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
I was just looking around on the forum and see the phrase "model import in BrawlBox," then start this FEVERISH search to see if it was really true! "Not just importing from other Wii games?" I wondered and hoped. My hopes were definitely repaid! I guess I'm a few months off, but... this is WONDERFUL NEWS. Thanks for all your hard work. Hopefully you'll see something from me in the next month or two. I already did a model and UVmapped it.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Edit:

Excellent. This can really help those trying to add Sword Glows and should be smoother and superior to flatout replacing the effect.pac.

Toomai

Smash Ace
v0.64d B-γ is done. Yes it's a step down from v0.65 but the two branches should be merged now. If BlackJax could tell me how he wants the source?

Download
  • Minor tweaks to hitboxes, forgot what-all.
  • Hurtboxes. Some characters draw them kind of funny (Fox's draw twice for some reason, for example) but they should all work. Colouring indicates high/mid/low zones.
  • Shield; you can pick what percentage the shield strength is and it'll scale it to match.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
v0.64d B-γ is done. Yes it's a step down from v0.65 but the two branches should be merged now. If BlackJax could tell me how he wants the source?

Download
  • Minor tweaks to hitboxes, forgot what-all.
  • Hurtboxes. Some characters draw them kind of funny (Fox's draw twice for some reason, for example) but they should all work. Colouring indicates high/mid/low zones.
  • Shield; you can pick what percentage the shield strength is and it'll scale it to match.
If you could just rar/zip the source, upload it somewhere and pm me the link, that would be awesome, thanks. Nice job working with Brawlbox's code btw.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Oh yeah forgot to add that certain bone rotations produce NaN errors, which causes attached hurtboxes to vanish for those frames. It's a bug with Matrix.cs, line 313 in GetAngles() makes NaNs I think. I'm not up enough on matrix transformations to know how to fix it.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah forgot to add that certain bone rotations produce NaN errors, which causes attached hurtboxes to vanish for those frames. It's a bug with Matrix.cs, line 313 in GetAngles() makes NaNs I think. I'm not up enough on matrix transformations to know how to fix it.
I don't really know too much about matrices either, so it might be a while before I can fix it...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'm curious - why can't BrawlBox 0.65 look at STDT values anymore? Any plans to reimplement that, or make them editable through BrawlBox (as opposed to only through hex editing)?

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious - why can't BrawlBox 0.65 look at STDT values anymore? Any plans to reimplement that, or make them editable through BrawlBox (as opposed to only through hex editing)?
It never did support STDT.
I'm planning on adding it sometime.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850

Edit:

hmm...
so this is where you talked about REFT additions...
I don't come here often as Opera can't rmbr login info for more than 5 websites :srs:

also...
hey Toonmai :/
think you could explain how to generate the group ID's for the resource groups??

if not, then just tell me how CompairBits() works plz :)
(I can't understand C# for crap) >_<

thanx in return :)

EDIT:
hey BJ...
are you more active over here than at KC-MM??

if so, I'll gladly move over here :D

this place has smarter and less demanding people >_>

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
*grunts in disappointment*
screw it...
I'm coming over here anyways...
I get almost nothing accomplished except chatting over there...

at least I can actually talk to people over here... heh

EDIT:
*brining up the subject of bin files*

I for one support this...
I mean... Brbx is all about Brawl and more. >_>

and secondly DAT is just about as general as BIN.
yea... there's like 30+ different .dat types I've seen (including XBOX/360, PS2, and PC types)
with about 10 being model formats.

yet I'm adding support for those to my converter... >_>

you should at least do a type selection (like what I'm doing)
when selecting a bin in the open dialog...

eg:
import:
BR resource file (*.brres)
brawl replay file (*.bin)
brawl image save (*.bin)
brawl custom stage (*.bin)

and enumerate the selected value to give you a "key" to convert the correct bin format.

I'm already working on a more-advanced version for selecting the correct plugin based on your input.
but it works quite differently... >_>

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I'm sorry I don't know what you're talking about. Could you be more specific?
alright...
in brlib/SSBB/Types/Common.cs
there's a code for building the "resource nodes"

each "node" has the structure of:
ID
pad
prev ("left")
next ("right")
string_offset
data_offset

I'm just trying to figure out how to generate the ID's
as well as build the prev and next ID's

and also...
how does the CompairBits function work??

what I want to do is replicate the code in python,
and maybe even find a better method of doing the job >_>

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
ok... so apparently no-one on KC-MM uses riivolution to hack brawl...

all I need is the text from riivolution/config/RSBE.xml posted so I can actually see it.
(can't DL or view xml files)

John2k4

The End of an Era
ok... so apparently no-one on KC-MM uses riivolution to hack brawl...

all I need is the text from riivolution/config/RSBE.xml posted so I can actually see it.
(can't DL or view xml files)
I can't even find a proper RSBE.xml file on the web...if you can link me to one (or even a forum where it's in the posts), then I can paste it here.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I can't even find a proper RSBE.xml file on the web...if you can link me to one (or even a forum where it's in the posts), then I can paste it here.
I don't need it now, but thanx :)
SuperSonic over at KC-MM lended a hand.

the only thing I'm having a problem with now is...
well...
I had it displaying,
but after I renamed a few values, it quit...
now after renaming them back, it still won't display...

I'm getting P'd at this thing when I did nothing to it. >:O

anyone have any useful tips??

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
How do I view hitboxes in this version? All I can see is the hurtbox. There aren't any hitboxes listed in it. :/
They aren't supported yet, because reading events isn't completed yet.
That was just a beta release, remember. The only thing moveset-related that saves is the hurtboxes, and even then you can't add or remove any because rebuilding the entire moveset hasn't even been started yet. :/

Top Bottom