• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um, no, the point is so that the main way to avoid combos is DI and countering, instead of just airdodging through a combo.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
...So is NADT a good thing or not?

And why is it implented in TheCape's set?

And can someone link to his set?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I wasn't liking the fact that Cape went off and made his own set.

And then I saw reduced hitstun and stale move negation PLUS, and I fell in love all over again.

I'd really like to try this set and I wanna see if it becomes the official codeset. Now just fix the glitches and ditch the throw modifier and I shall be most grateful.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
Sorry guys but this is a little off topic, but i just bought new super mario bros wii, and in order to play it you have to upgrade your wii, does this mean i have to kiss Brawl + goodbye, or is there a way around this? by the way Nintendo, I hate you.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
1. Play it through Gecko OS.
2. Update your Homebrew Channel and THEN update your Wii.(a.k.a the lolable option).
3. Safe update via wiibrew.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
the cape wins the game. he made the center a usable.

i wanna try it.

PS: add the tweaks beside stale/ AD for rc2.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
do you think Cape will look into altering the brawl camera to be more responsive?
it's pretty lackluster. i'm not saying melee's cam should be considered (when there's a code to alter the cam), but...

well, i guess i am. or something more like it.

Hypernon

Smash Rookie
Couldn't find any info regarding this so.. any news on when brawlplus.net will come back online? Can't download brawl+ :(

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
About Brawlplus.net....

I forgot to pay the bill.

SORRY. I'm having money issues and my host pulls the money from my bank account automatically...and...uh....

My account is in the negative.

e___e

sorryyy

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Sadly, this also means the autoupdater and updatifier are down.

I volunteered to help Neko pay the bill so it should be back tomorrow hopefully.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'd like to try his build as well. Just for fun. Obviously, it's likely not polished, but I'd like to see the concepts behind it for myself.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Cape Set: NADT was totally throwing me off. Same with no auto-jabs.

It's pretty fun though. Link's Fair being strong on the first hit is totally weird, but I'm getting more use out of it. I'd recommend speeding up the move a bit after the first hit though, because you can't get anything out of the second hit right now... At least in my experience so far.

shanus

Smash Hero
It will be posted with an installer on the site as a nightly test build when it is finished.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
no autojabs? were they removed individually or was it the old blanket fix that didnt work right?

and again, i >:( to show my displeasure for nadt
The autojab code is a bit wonky at times. Pika's jab had to be fixed to work correctly, and some jab3's still feel weird. I think it's because you have to time the button presses instead of just mashing A to do the combo. But at the same time, no autojabs removes some really stupid EZ mode things, so I'm not sure how I feel about this change yet. I think you should try it out before you judge it though.

The same goes for NADT. I was originally against it, but combined with the slightly lower hitstun, it really makes the combo game a lot more interesting and varied, because you can't just mash airdodge to escape strings. It makes baiting more important for continuing strings, and the timing is a bit tighter on combos so they aren't so stupidly easy. Obviously this benefits certain characters who don't rely so much on airdodges to escape combos, such as Luigi and Wolf, but if this ends up presenting a problem, it can be dealt with on an individual basis (for example, Wolf's shine is now super armor instead of invincible). Overall though, the combo game is a lot less black-and-white in what works and what doesn't, and I really like that. Again, try it out before you judge.

So I heard Ness was gonna be rebuilt from scratch in that set? D:<
Not rebuilt from scratch, but come on, is there anyone left who doesn't think that RC1 Ness is ********?

goaliedude3919

Smash Rookie
So I went to the download website, downloaded the newest version of B+, started it up with Homebrew no problem, but some of the supposed changes are not in the game. Most notably, Yoshi's >B and Ike's >B still put them in fall state. There are also a couple other various things that don't work. If anyone could help me out with this I'de really appreciate it. Thanks!

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
So I went to the download website, downloaded the newest version of B+, started it up with Homebrew no problem, but some of the supposed changes are not in the game. Most notably, Yoshi's >B and Ike's >B still put them in fall state. There are also a couple other various things that don't work. If anyone could help me out with this I'de really appreciate it. Thanks!
You're not using an SDHC (3gb or above) SD are you?

Brawl doesn't read them. Get a 2gb or below.

StarcraftLedZeppelin

Smash Cadet
I guess I'll just have to wait for Capes official release, because I tried to play what he posted earlier and I had many errors.

I played with out character textures, I had 3 game freezes and then one time the game just went into a black screen.

goaliedude3919

Smash Rookie
You're not using an SDHC (3gb or above) SD are you?

Brawl doesn't read them. Get a 2gb or below.
No, I'm using a 2gb SD (not SDHC) card. I still get B+ b/c the speed, gravity, and other changes are still there, it's just a few things like what I previously mentioned that aren't there, so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my SD card and that it's something to do with the codeset.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Do you have the .pac files on you SD card as well? They contain most of the character changes.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yeah. You most likely didn't have the .pac files for each character installed properly.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Use the autoupdater. Or the brawl+ updatifier. Either one.

People seem to be making that mistake alot lately.

And JCeasar is right. Ness and about 3-4 other characters who no one ever complains about are ridiculously good in RC1 or have OP aspects.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
"This page is currently unavailable
If you are the webmaster for this site, please contact your hosting provider's support team for assistance. "

Brawlplus.net is down! (old news, I know)

this makes me sad.

also, I looked at the txt file of GSH1, and found this at the bottom:

"-----------------------------20718350314867--"

is that supposed to be there?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I like The Cape's build a lot so far. I like all of the Falco changes (especially the fact that he can SHFFL a bit faster) and the game as a whole seems to move faster.

5ive

Smash Champion
I'm liking this set. I have a bunch of videos up on my channel with GSH1 being played. We weren't aware of the changes while playing, but we DID notice however the awesome Melee-esque clips we were getting - basically combo to tech chase to combo to edge guard.

I like. Only gripe is the ending lag on Snake's nair. TBH, It limits a lot of my snake game play; removing options/depth as a nerf isn't the way to go.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Lag was added to a bunch of aerials that should be autocanceled, such as Snake's nair and Wolf's fair, but the autocancel window was also increased by a couple frames. It's designed to reward you if you do it right, and punish you if you screw up. It limits the uses of those moves, sure, but every character has lower lag aerial options (Snake has bair for example) for when you know you're going to hit the ground too soon. It prevents those moves from being all-purpose crutches, makes you consider your options a little harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom