• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Prelim Changelist:

"Footstool is only performed with up taunt"

HELL. NO.

"No more machine gun jabs"

You're gonna have to go more character-specific than that.

"NADT"

Do i need to go there?

"Kirby nerfs"

:<
why u hav 2 wreck my dair?
shoulda seen the nair nerf coming, but...back to uselessness?

shanus

Smash Hero
Prelim Changelist:

HELL. NO.

"NADT"

Do i need to go there?

"Kirby nerfs"

Footstool is mapped to the up taunt button, and with unlimited controller button editting, you can remap up taunt to the jump button you don't use.

For example:

I jump with Y. I assigned up taunt to X. Now i jump with Y, and footstool with X!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
its mad dum yo

i know what 'only with utaunt' means, i know what UBME is, and i know which button i'd switch to utaunt

its still stupid, i want to be able to footstool with my jump button...
Yeah I agree :ohwell: Maybe we can make a button that does the old function (jump & footstool) and set that to dtaunt or something.

The Cape

Smash Master
Prelim Changelist:

HELL. NO.

"NADT"

Do i need to go there?

"Kirby nerfs"

Machine gun jabs was what I thought the term people were using. But basically its so you can no longer hold the A button to jab constantly.

NADT = No airdodge during tumble

And Kirby nerfs were needed as the character was in (my personal) top five. The dair hitbox was pretty insane and beat out a good deal of recoveries without even a neccessity to space it. As for the nair, it was kind of a pointless change in the first place and I just reverted it back to vBrawl.

MK26

Smash Master
Machine gun jabs was what I thought the term people were using. But basically its so you can no longer hold the A button to jab constantly.

NADT = No airdodge during tumble

And Kirby nerfs were needed as the character was in (my personal) top five. The dair hitbox was pretty insane and beat out a good deal of recoveries without even a neccessity to space it. As for the nair, it was kind of a pointless change in the first place and I just reverted it back to vBrawl.
i know what autojabs are...im saying that just removing everything then putting it back only on pika is silly, you need more than that...change the iasa character-specifically

I know...and i HATE nadt. i thought everyone knew that by now...

I know...im just lamenting

two in a row of people thinking i dont know whats going on...what am i doing wrong?

MK26

Smash Master
oh yah...wheres that alr chart that the changelist says will be at teh bottom?

EDIT: change the synchronous timer that controls dk's fair autocancel to asynchronous and keep the frame value. same with dorf. i dont know why we havent done that yet, its obviously a mistake and it has an obvious fix...

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I like the Falcon dthrow; it's very fun to tech chase.

I'm kinda wondering why Fox got nerfed so hard, though. Look at Squirtle, all he got was more KB on uthrow and a STRONGER fair.

It's slower, so it looks good on paper, but it ends up giving him more priority to compensate for the speed. At least he can't escape combos as easily...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wasnt the highest placing Fox, Yes? At 9th place at BtL2? With Cactuar getting like 13th? Who also played fox?

I figured Fox was a pretty easy character to CP considering he's one of the top tiers with the most even/bad match ups.

Falco was a better character than Fox imo.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i've been getting lots of crashes too, but i like this set enough.

hey, a suggestion. is there some way to make footstooling a grounded opponent more powerful of a maneuver somehow? like, maybe making the available area above a character bigger so as to land them more often? the risk of trying it (if ever) is fairly large for something so lackluster.

i mean, it's a powerful mechanic vs. recoveries, but there's so much potential for great stage game options from footstooling. you can do it on a shielding opponent, right? maybe make it as good as a grab would've been? maybe add some special conditions to attacks when above a grounded footstool foe?

like speed up an aerial by 2x so as to give another kill option! or force them into a tech, or dwindle at their shield by a ton. or something.

i don't know. foot-stools seem so mediocre, considering their potential.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Footstool is mapped to the up taunt button, and with unlimited controller button editting, you can remap up taunt to the jump button you don't use.

For example:

I jump with Y. I assigned up taunt to X. Now i jump with Y, and footstool with X!
*throws wiimote at shanus' tv screen*

The Cape

Smash Master
I had some bad crashes when I transfered over from the RC1 set. RC1 had some things for portraits and textures and stuff and that caused some bad issues. Cleaning up all the issues now, but I suggest you install the .gct files and .pac files only at first, then bring in your texture files and such.

The common5.pac file from RC1 seemed to be the one that caused most of the issues in my experience in the past, but if you didnt use the premade SD package it shouldnt be a problem.

StarcraftLedZeppelin

Smash Cadet
I had some bad crashes when I transfered over from the RC1 set. RC1 had some things for portraits and textures and stuff and that caused some bad issues. Cleaning up all the issues now, but I suggest you install the .gct files and .pac files only at first, then bring in your texture files and such.

The common5.pac file from RC1 seemed to be the one that caused most of the issues in my experience in the past, but if you didnt use the premade SD package it shouldnt be a problem.
Well I deleted the Fighter folder and the .gct from RC1, I also played with out character textures.

Are you suggesting I also remove the stage textures I have?

The RC1 auto installer/updater counts as the "Premade SD package"?

I'll try to just delete everything I have on the SD card and install your set again, report back how it turns out.

EDIT: Well this time I played through roughly 15-18 1 stock matches, it froze while I was Pokemon trainer. Exactly when I used the B special seed attack for Ivysaur.

EDIT2: This time it froze mario vs pika. From what I played I really enjoyed the set, just feel like it's something worth waiting until it's completed.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Site is back up, so is the autoupdater for homebrew and Windows.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I haven't tried this build yet, but from what you guys are saying, it feels great and everything is pretty good, minus the crashes.

So Ness isn't ridiculous in it? If so, I am definitely interested.

Can someone make it more like an official set so I can get my TO to use this set instead of the RC1? He might not change it if he hears that it's just a nightly, but maybe since tournaments with nightlies have happened. I just want to fight a Ness' that isn't complete bull**** good, like in RC1.

Oh, and no auto-jabs is <3.

shanus

Smash Hero
The next nightly will be released with an autoupdater option for testing, however, it still needs a little more work before it is made officially available.

We are still slightly toying with the hitstun constant and trying to cook up one or two more bugfixes.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yo,

Used the Homebrew Updater App to install 5.0+. I've never used Brawl+. Custom loader and load screen came in, seemed to be working well... except none of the character changes or codes work. No hitstun, no hitlag reduction, no character-specific fixes. It seems the PACs and .GCT aren't loading or something. I'm using 3.4u, GOS 1.9.1.

Edit: Odd. When I load it through the Gecko OS app I get an Exception (DSI) error, but when I load it through straight GOS it loads but the codes simply don't function. Bunk install?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yo,

Used the Homebrew Updater App to install 5.0+. I've never used Brawl+. Custom loader and load screen came in, seemed to be working well... except none of the character changes or codes work. No hitstun, no hitlag reduction, no character-specific fixes. It seems the PACs and .GCT aren't loading or something. I'm using 3.4u, GOS 1.9.1.

Edit: Odd. When I load it through the Gecko OS app I get an Exception (DSI) error, but when I load it through straight GOS it loads but the codes simply don't function. Bunk install?
Just try installing again and see if that fixes it. Since the site had some downtime, that may have had something to do with it.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Seems the PAC files are loading correctly but the GCT file is not. Anyone have a clue?

Edit: Uhh, it seems what is actually happening is that my old GCT is loading, which explains why the PACs are loading but the other codes aren't. But my old GCT file isn't even on the SD card anymore. WTF is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom