• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 1st, 2010

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
Hello, I'm Alvin.
Any questions about the venue etc, you could ask me. I think my email is on my profile thingy, but if not, PM me. PM for phone number too if necessary.

as for a lil info about me since tin wanted me to do it,
i'm asian. i'm currently a music student at University of Western ontario. i'm not much of a brawler, but i'm guessing i'm alright since i 3 stocked tin's rob w/ cf. the coffee time this tourney is in belongs to my parents. would be nice for you guys to leave it in one piece. always wanted to host my own tourneys, but nvr had the sources or time at the same time. i'd like to have at least 4 of these tournaments before july, when i head off to china for 1.5 months. when i'm back in august though, it'd be nice to hold one or 2 more depending on how popular this event gets.

and i'll also have a setup for SSF4 for anyone interested. xbox 360.

i'll say some more later, i'm very tired atm.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
I'm prolly down for this. I might not make it out if the distance is too much. hour and a half to scarborough alone is kind of ********, if this is any longer I prolly won't show. Sorry.
This really isnt much further than the Just for Kicks venue. The venue is on the northern scarborough border, if youre driving, it should take you about 15 more minutes. Hell, it could take less time because this venue is easier to get to by highway. Just take the 401 to the Warden exit.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Really? The week after?

Awesome. I meant I would be surprised if you crammed all 3 events into one day.

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
Tin and I will be there at 9 setting up etc. show up @ 10, registration starts at 11, thingy starts at 12? I think..
that's what tin wants, i sorta want it to start maybe just a bit later.. i like my sleep

as for how we got the coffee time to host this, the coffee time belongs to my family('s bank). We're asian, so we're cheap, and business around this location sucks. I thought this'd be a neat idea to bring in some $$ as well as have fun doin it.

currently considering a free coffee thing..

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'd recommend that the earlier you can start this tournament, the better.

Or you're going to be staying a few extra hours at the initial venue and possibly finishing grand finals at someone's house.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin and I will be there at 9 setting up etc. show up @ 10, registration starts at 11, thingy starts at 12? I think..
that's what tin wants, i sorta want it to start maybe just a bit later.. i like my sleep

as for how we got the coffee time to host this, the coffee time belongs to my family('s bank). We're asian, so we're cheap, and business around this location sucks. I thought this'd be a neat idea to bring in some $$ as well as have fun doin it.

currently considering a free coffee thing..
what time is this gonna start?
I believe I posted all this in the OP but w/e

9m doors open
registration starts at 10am
events begin at 11am

Edit: I did post this in the OP -.-

anyways OP has most of the info u need, give it a read before questions plz

Gichan

Smash Champion
Come on Tin, you know me, you don't have to put Gichan, just put Gi.

SSFIV set-up would be nuts, please do it up cause I really wanna play El Fuerte in that game.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I don't know if I can come yet but put me as a maybe if there is Brawl+. Brawl aint that fun anymore.

5ive

Smash Champion
I lol'd at pics. I'll be coming if Brawl+ is happening OR if we get to chill there with a Brawl+ setup.

and i'll also have a setup for SSF4 for anyone interested. xbox 360.
NVM IM THERE

TinIsWhite

Smash Rookie
I will use the lowest tier character ever created. His name is Meta Knight.

TinIsWhite

Smash Rookie
or better yet I will spam projectiles in every match, and act like I'm the best player in Brawl.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Worse troll ever.

Does not talk about clutch = fail

Disappointed in this generation's trolling.

TinIsWhite

Smash Rookie
Worse troll ever.

Does not talk about clutch = fail

Disappointed in this generation's trolling.
what trolling? This is just an inside joke Tin and I have that he gets pissed off with. He posted this on his MSN thing, and I really got bored today.

Also, what's clutch?

Patches

Smash Master
Ahh. Its been a long time since I've gone to a tournament. I doubt anyone remembers me anyways. ;)

Chances are, I'll most likely be there. Hopefully I've gotten better with lack of play. I dont even have a ****ing Wii anymore. :p

annsy

Smash Cadet
hey tinman, I notice there's no 'balls mandatory' clauses for this tourney, I feel welcome ^_^ (jk Gi). can't confirm yet srry, that'll be my last weekend of freedom :p

Patches

Smash Master
Lol, well.. It's been like. a year since I've been at a tournament.

And I talked it over with my girlfriend, and she'll be there. So it won't be a total sausage fest. :p

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
Come on Tin, you know me, you don't have to put Gichan, just put Gi.

SSFIV set-up would be nuts, please do it up cause I really wanna play El Fuerte in that game.
god i hate fuerte. those crafty mexican and their glass candy.

I don't know if I can come yet but put me as a maybe if there is Brawl+. Brawl aint that fun anymore.
it's fun for me for about 1-3 hours, once or twice a month. i feel your pain. I'm liking the idea of a Brawl+ tourney. If there's enough interest, then i'll make it happen.

I lol'd at pics. I'll be coming if Brawl+ is happening OR if we get to chill there with a Brawl+ setup.

NVM IM THERE
<3.

also, if stuff runs REALLY smoothly, maybe i'll throw in ssf4 tourney on the side if there's enough interest. I also plan on hosting ssf4 tournies occasionally as well on weekends that i'm not running smash ones.

& btw, gonna be bringing a LCD wide screen for finals. Tin and i dont notice any lag on it, but wondering how you guys feel about having the finals on it. it's a Dynex tv, 32'' i think?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK BANMK PLZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZz

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ok so I will give Brawl+ a chance (benefit of the doubt, I believe in u guys, recreate the LBT2 tourney for +, don't make me regret this)

also I will make a map of where Gi's venue is relative to this venue so that ppl can know where it is (closer, farther, etc)

will update later lol

Top Bottom