• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 1st, 2010

Rikana

Smash Champion
i can only run the melee side-tourney if everything else runs smoothly and efficiently. imo, replace the RPS tourney w/ melee. i'd love to see a melee tourney happen too. Dont know if there'll be enough time for singles and doubles for melee

i do also plan on hosting a melee focused tourney sometime, just need someone to help me co-host and organize.

Its all good. Melee friendlies will already suffice. Side tournie would just be an awesome bonus. Looking forward to that Melee tournie.

WaveofShadow

Smash Rookie
Thanks for confirming my brother.

Yeah I wouldn't want to interfere with the Brawl setup, so if it's too much trouble don't worry about it. I'd gladly help organize it if you need help though and want to do it.

I will bring my GC + SSBM though just in case the side tourney becomes a possibility, or just for friendlies.

sauc3

Smash Lord
o baby look at all the melee hype!

also, melee should definately replace rps, just sayin, tin man you're just sour about melee for some reason, but it seems everyone, even ally, wants melee, are you going to deny ally?

I've ran 26 person melee tourneys on 3 setups before, I'm sure i could run a little 16 man bracket with 2, just something to think about. :)

5ive

Smash Champion
But rps wouldn't even take long. You could do it easily in between matches whilst taking max 1 minute each match.

WaveofShadow

Smash Rookie
How much time do we have overall?
Brawl games really don't take THAT long so if we've got all day I'm sure we could squeeze some Melee in there. I guess it would be easier to figure out if this is possible if we knew exactly how many people were playing and/or the brackets.

But with so many people unconfirmed it could be difficult.

Edit: If it makes a difference one way or another, I could get a TV. Once again, don't want to interfere, just trying to make some people happy. :)

_Asian_Kenny_

Smash Cadet
I think Tin said he wanted to do a separate Melee tourney the week after or something so that we didn't have to cram all these events in one day. But I don't mind either way, I'm fine with having a melee setup and doing some friendlies.

Also within the next week, I'ma be taking my wii back from my cousin whether he likes it or not, so I guess confirm me for Wii + Brawl + Melee if you need/have enough tvs.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
o baby look at all the melee hype!

also, melee should definately replace rps, just sayin, tin man you're just sour about melee for some reason, but it seems everyone, even ally, wants melee, are you going to deny ally?

I've ran 26 person melee tourneys on 3 setups before, I'm sure i could run a little 16 man bracket with 2, just something to think about. :)
not salty, and rps isnt getting replaced, melee focused tourney will run the melee event. play any friendlies u want tho, thats fine with me.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I assume 30 minutes, iunno lol, just a rough estimate, fairly accurate tho...

... so basically I am saying that expect a 30 minute bus ride, trip may vary with traffic and ppl (if no one gets off bus, bus stopping at every stop, etc). No longer than 30 I believe.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Can anyone tell me how long the the ttc bus ride takes from finch?
Yeah. Its a maximum of 30 minutes on an average basis. I take this route every time I go to school.

Make sure you do not get on the bus that turns on Pharmacy though (assuming you're taking 53 as that's the only bus that passes by Warden + Steeles). There are 53s that go to Markham Road, Staines, and Pharmacy. The other two are fine.

As for people taking thee eastbound line Kennedy/RT. Just get on to any bus that goes all the way to steeles and switch. Make sure you grab a transfer. I'm most familiar with Kennedy to Scarborough Centre Station and taking the 21 Brimley North to steeles.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
O M GEE

Confirm Me and Wii + Brawl

Slight chance I may have to babysit on this day. So my confirmation is like a 60% chance or so.

I'll probably hitch a ride with Troll.

Rikana

Smash Champion
actually its about 45 min busride, i just looked it up for you
It doesn't take 45 minutes. It takes me 45 minutes to get to Brimley/Steeles from Finch Station. Warden is around 30 minutes. I take this route almost everyday.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Food:

THERE IS FOOD AT THE VENUE. BUY STUFF FROM THEM

Alternate food options:

Walk 5 minutes south to Warden & Steeles intersection. At the north, west corner of the intersection, there are plenty of food places (Subway, Wendy's, Kelsy's, Boston Pizza, T&T supermarket, & a bunch of other asian ****)
[/CENTER]
Kelsey's isn't there anymore by the way. It closed down. I used to work there.. lol. I know one of the managers at Boston Pizza so.. I might be able to get a discount going if he's working that night and if I'm feeling for some Boston Pizza.

WaveofShadow

Smash Rookie
Ok supposedly my brother now has a friend of his (plus his friend's cousin?) coming?

It'll look kinda ridiculous to put that up as confirmed so I told him that the guy should post here on his own; apparently he's going to at some point.

Anyway, you can probably assume we're going to have 2 more.

This is looking to be a massive tourney if we keep getting more people like this...

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
awesome, I'm sure alvin's wallet is gonna be happy as well ;)
i'd like to just take this moment to thank everyone who's showin up, and makin this thing a success so far. i'll probably do so again at the event. i look forward to spending your venue fee on arcade sticks.. and university tuition. btw, any suggestions on other ways to spend some of this money to make future events more awesome? it'd be sorta sad if i spent all of it importing pushbuttons from japan x__x

Tin Man

Smash Hero
OP HAS BEEN UPDATED AGAIN. RPS RULES ARE NOW UP AS WELL AS CLARIFYING THAT DDD WALKING AND STANDING INFINITE ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Ok supposedly my brother now has a friend of his (plus his friend's cousin?) coming?

It'll look kinda ridiculous to put that up as confirmed so I told him that the guy should post here on his own; apparently he's going to at some point.

Anyway, you can probably assume we're going to have 2 more.

This is looking to be a massive tourney if we keep getting more people like this...
I don't really feel like waiting so I'll put them down as ur friends and say that they are maybe's

I have a friend coming with me as well, possibly two.

@decoy - We don't sleep because we are strong like ox' GRRRRRAAAAAAAAaaaaahhhhhh
Hopefully ur friends don't quit out at the last moment again :(. I'll confirm the one friend and put the other as a maybe

AND GUYS REMEMBER, UNLESS U CONFIRM U'R GUESTS, THEY ARE NOT ELIGABLE FOR A FREE COFFEE/DONUT (tho there are other ways to get them lol :p)

Gichan

Smash Champion
yo alvin, isn't the money you're receiving for your parents and not yourself? I mean you are closing down a coffee time that people go to every day for their **** and thus parent's are actually losing money.

and dayum Tin this is looking like a success.

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
yo alvin, isn't the money you're receiving for your parents and not yourself? I mean you are closing down a coffee time that people go to every day for their **** and thus parent's are actually losing money.

lol we'll share. + we're not closing the venue for customers :p. regular closing time on saturdays is earlier than usual though, w/ you guys there past the closing hours = more $$. + business usually sucks anyway, otherwise i dont think they'd be letting me use the venue. + the money i give to my parents is likely going to my tuition anyway haha..

Tin Man

Smash Hero

:bee:, you should reconfirm urself :p

Top Bottom