• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bum presents Gamers tournament - Results are up.

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
ok right now i can only do 5. but if i have left over bills ill 10$ mm u. can't wait

lets do this at the beginning of the tourney i get lazy throughout the tourney lol

BUM163

Smash Lord
yo ally you and kool aid can mm on the same tv that wes and patg will. i will put it as today's title if you want me to? i'm going to make sure we can do livestream in the school today. i'll be there with squirrel. yea kirin if you can i would truly appericate that. anyone wants to train today in either sf4 or brawl... let me know.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
I don't normally do MM's, but I want a ton at this tourney, to show everyone how good I am :)

Sweet deal Koolaid. See if Jama? can go so he can meet his twin brother LOL (won't give it away just yet for those who don't know hehe).

BUM163

Smash Lord
you can mm me if you like to.... i'm takin any mm's challenges.

BUM163

Smash Lord
you talking about me acedude55? if so then i accept and do anyone else want to mm me?

BUM163

Smash Lord
honestly from all the tournaments i been seeing since i came back..... most people fight on the stage and barely stay glue to holding on to the ledge. also it's only if time runs out which so far... i only see one time over. i can easily change it.... but i was only putting rules i seen from other tournaments.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
yeah that was @ you bum

also lower that 50 ledge grab thing to at least 40...

or something....idk

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yeah that was @ you bum

also lower that 50 ledge grab thing to at least 40...

or something....idk
lower it? if anything it should be raised to like 60. seeing that it only applies to time out is good, but what if the time runs out? 50 grabs for 8 minutes means u can theoretically only grab the ledge once every 9.6 seconds, which isn't bad at all. So many characters can force characters onto a ledge against their will practically which can rack up multiple ledge grabs ever few seconds.

A good example is this match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBSLt90xmSA
Sure Vex camps the ledge a bit, but theres plenty of times when Pierce practically forces him to stay on the ledge unless Vex wants to come up and get hit in a bad situation. Vex hit 50 ledge grabs in less than 5 minutes remaining (50th ledge grab was at 3:03 left on the timer), and he had a total of 58. Techincally then if Pierce had counted Vex's grabs and realized he hit 50, he could then use the remainder of his ledge grabs he didnt use to time out his opponent later on, then win from Vex being DQ'd instead of by %. Some characters are just more ledge based than others.

With the rule, if both ppl go over 50, does it change to % or whoever had more ledge grabs loses. It should def be by % then imo

BUM163

Smash Lord
doom it was actually good that you posted that.... and i hope people read that. Do not leave your stuff around especially with new players looking to dig their hands into something. Like the mta says.... keep your belongings close to you. I'll bb lata.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
yea, walk past your wii everyso often and either put a sticker on, or black marker.. u should def walk past your setup esp when ur not in a game. and if u r in a game, play on ur wii. sorry to hear that doom, hopefully u get it back.

also Bum, we were supposed to mm last tourney. u up for it?

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Vex grabbed the ledge 54 times in that match. I really don't think someone needs to grab it that much, Chibo. 50 is plenty as doom said. 60 would be out of hand imo

Though if you really want to do something about the grab limit, then let it be 55. :)

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ledge grab limit should be 42. That number does not need a reason.
And holy crap, lots of people coming to this o-o

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
MA will be there lol. and bum sure ill mm ally anywhere and is this being recorded? xD

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Lol Kai Being Mad Good Your Bugging You Can Let Kai In On It You And Him Together Are Ayuss!!!!

You And Him Make Up The 90 Percent Of The Smashers That Play Brawl Ayuss Alot Of People Think They Have Skills Its Not Them Its Their Characters And The Rules That Tournament Hosts Allow.
Actually **** that plan, I only use Falco.

BUM163

Smash Lord
mm's accepted -

acedude55 - 3 dollars

erickgm - price to be announce

hippiedude82- 1 0r 2 dollars

do anyone else want to mm me? please try to come early so we can do these mm's and friendlys.

BUM163

Smash Lord
10 am is when the doors open.

mm challenges accepted -

dmt manga - 3$ mm

blood cross - 5$ mm

acedude55 - 3 dollars

erickgm - price to be announce

hippiedude82- 1 0r 2 dollars

anyone else want to mm me? i will try to have two mm tv's for brawl.

please come early to get your mm's out the way.

BUM163

Smash Lord
thx to j.g, pipa travis and eric and hopefully this one is better than the last.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
With the amount of people planning to attend as well as the caliber or skill that's going to be here I'd say this is going to be a lot better then the last one. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Top Bottom