• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The information is how and when people jump my wagon if they do after I die. After that you'll have to use your head to decide when why and how they are or aren't scum for it.
Yes, we're aware.

Frankly, I don't understand where your scum read on myself/Kantrip/Riddle are coming from. Vinyl might be the exception, but even then he reads as derpytown.

Totally ok with a JD lynch.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Day Two:
With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

JDietz(3): Kantrip, PrivateJoker, BarBelL

Not Voting(7): Orbo, SneakyTako, BSP, Vinyl., JDitz, Riddle, Rake

Deadline is set to: September 26th, 11:59PM MST

Riddle

Smash Lord
Kantrip said:
I'm kind of curious as to what prompted your #854 too.
I would also like to know what prompted that post, and I'm glad you feel the same way. Given Bardull's almost religious opposition to fluff posts (see my first post Day 1), the post seemed out of character.

I refuse to lynch JDietz before Orboknown catches up and gives us some information.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The information is how and when people jump my wagon if they do after I die. After that you'll have to use your head to decide when why and how they are or aren't scum for it.
Wait a minute, you're dying? Cuz I count 3 votes. You're just accepting your fate instead of just responding to the pressure. The fact that you aren't answering questions doesn't look good for you. I'll give you a minute to look over the last page or so.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, we're aware.

Frankly, I don't understand where your scum read on myself/Kantrip/Riddle are coming from. Vinyl might be the exception, but even then he reads as derpytown.

Totally ok with a JD lynch.
I don't feel comfortable with the amount of information I have to work with on Riddle and it makes me uneasy, Kantrip I get bad vibes from, I don't like you gambiting for thread control D1 and need to see the town intent on an examination, and Vinyl I just plain think is clueless scum claiming doc. (I should note RR flung out doc wifom before he was abducted)

This is probably a case where I put my foot in my mouth for stating suspicions before reading to dissuade them, but I don't mind getting lynched for it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't feel comfortable with the amount of information I have to work with on Riddle and it makes me uneasy, Kantrip I get bad vibes from, I don't like you gambiting for thread control D1 and need to see the town intent on an examination, and Vinyl I just plain think is clueless scum claiming doc. (I should note RR flung out doc wifom before he was abducted)

This is probably a case where I put my foot in my mouth for stating suspicions before reading to dissuade them, but I don't mind getting lynched for it.
I spear headed scum day 1. What in flying tarnation balls. Riddle is pro-town. Kantrip is fine. WTF@Vinyl as useless scum.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
This has to be a cheap cop out from JDscum to try and get me lynched for my gambit. I don't see any other explanation.

Mass claim...I'll think about it. I'm going to have to review an abductor set up or two before I give my full opinion on it.

BSP

Smash Legend
Question to BSP/JD:

Lets say I don't have the shot. Now what?
Then I wouldn't like the fact that you claimed to have a shot when you really didn't. You've could've just been using that as an unverifiable claim to ride into this day and possibly farther.

I'm going to think on this more and keep an eye on what you do from here on out, but for the time being, you haven't done anything that's really alerted me, and I think we've got better targets for today.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
The answer wasn't even necessary for progressing through the day.
It really was, if you were going to cling to the Day-Vig claim and not shoot anyone the scum alarms were going to ring right off the walls. I need to know where things stand.

@Joker: I'm apathetic about being lynched this game for the most part.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It really was, if you were going to cling to the Day-Vig claim and not shoot anyone the scum alarms were going to ring right off the walls. I need to know where things stand.
You didn't need to know the answer to that question, all you had to do was analyze my game play and see that I'm pro town as balls. I should be obvtown by now.

Even if I HAD clung to the Day Vig claim, it wouldn't immediately make me scum. Unparalleled whackness.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Then I wouldn't like the fact that you claimed to have a shot when you really didn't. You've could've just been using that as an unverifiable claim to ride into this day and possibly farther.

I'm going to think on this more and keep an eye on what you do from here on out, but for the time being, you haven't done anything that's really alerted me, and I think we've got better targets for today.
But was I using it in a bad way?

Riddle

Smash Lord
BSP said:
I NEED something more concrete than this. Give me a more certain opinion regarding Bardull or at LEAST clarify who you think the better targets for today are.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
This has to be a cheap cop out from JDscum to try and get me lynched for my gambit. I don't see any other explanation.

Mass claim...I'll think about it. I'm going to have to review an abductor set up or two before I give my full opinion on it.
My paranoia switch is a mile wide. I haven't even evaluated your play from D1 yet in light of the gambit being confirmed.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Misread. I mean, you had to have evaluated my play beforehand, why the hell would you cast suspicion on my slot if you hadn't? Why would you even try to out the vig claim?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know what, I can tell I'm digging myself a hole of incomprehensibly from just waking up and not re-reading ever. I'm going to go read and see if I can't formulate some opinions that aren't more than just me throwing my weight around Marshy style.

@Bardull: Some things you've just gotta know. I was imagining all sorts of nonsense around the fact that your slot wasn't a confirmed role and it was driving me nuts.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Jdietz... you think me or Bardull are scum with 194? Just want to clear this up, because I don't get your scumreads on us.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was thinking more along the lines of indy really. Let me re-read and see if I still even remotely feel that way or if I'm talking out of my ***.

(Sorry in advance for this guys... I probably shouldn't jump on mafia right after taking afternoon long sleeps)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I honestly think this is a wrap. Copped out and tried to lynch me on a black and white premise, then tried to back out of it. Don't understand the reads whatsoever, they can't be legit.

BSP

Smash Legend
I NEED something more concrete than this. Give me a more certain opinion regarding Bardull or at LEAST clarify who you think the better targets for today are.
See, I can't be certain on Bardull yet. Even though I know it's usually a bad idea, I've still got setup speculation tugging at the back of my head, and it's...annoying to say the least.

But if I had to put that aside, I'd give him a town read. From what I'm seeing (answering your question Bardull), he didn't do anything scummy with the gambit. Even if that gambit was for power, I wouldn't even say he necessarily controlled the thread yesterDay.

As for targets toDay, I'm thinking you, Orbo, and Dietz. Orbo because he hasn't said anything. I'm skeptical of you and Dietz.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@bardull: Well, honestly they probably aren't. But not for scum reasons... just derpy ones.

I'm going to grab food (important for brain function), and re-read this game and see if I don't come back making twenty times more sense. If I die by then I won't blame anyone for it, I should have never hopped on without knowing what I was doing, but hopefully it helps in some super obscure scum hunting way if it happens.

I'm not in the least uncomfortable claiming either if it comes down to that. I don't think my slot is super important gameplay wise.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Riddle is fine, wasn't sure of his questioning

I still have questions w.r.t. BSP and his play from D1, but I'm set on JD. Orbo needs to give us his thoughts of course, and I need Rake here.

No one bite into JD AtE btw. Do. Not.

BSP

Smash Legend
The only four people I'd consider lynching at this exact moment are JDietz, Orboknown, BSP, and Rake.

BSP - All of BSP's reads feel very safe and pro-status quo. Based on his meta (i've read MLP and we were both in HxH) this isn't unlike his town play, but it's also highly reminiscent of the kind of caution that mafia often uses when "scumhunting."

I feel like his read on me could be applied to himself.

Kantrip

Kantplay

Red Ryu

JDietz43
Orboknown
Vinyl.
Bardull
SneakyTako
PrivateJoker-Brown
Anomandaris_Rake
BSP
Riddle

I honestly think this entire game is a wrap. I'm thinking the abductor is in Jdietz/Orbo. Maybe Vinyl if he has a BP of some calibre which would explain why he claimed doc (though I don't know if he'd think to go for town points like that so I doubt indyVinyl), then assuming Red Ryu comes back into the game we kill him and that should be it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I... would actually like to hear why both of you have Riddle as town as you do. Especially you Kantrip, you have him at the very top of your town reads list, that's not something I'd be at all confident doing atm.

BSP

Smash Legend
Bardull, to answer your question; like I said, I feel like his read on me could be applied to himself. I think he's been playing safe as well and hasn't stuck his neck out.

While this isn't condemning evidence for a scum read, it makes me hesitant to trust him, and makes me question how you guys trust him so much right now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I... would actually like to hear why both of you have Riddle as town as you do. Especially you Kantrip, you have him at the very top of your town reads list, that's not something I'd be at all confident doing atm.
Considering your "reads," this doesn't surprise me.

RiddleTown pretty much hasn't missed a beat.

Kantrip, I should be higher up.

BSP

Smash Legend
Dietz, I thought you were re-reading, but you seem to have time to add doubt to Riddle, huh?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull, to answer your question; like I said, I feel like his read on me could be applied to himself. I think he's been playing safe as well and hasn't stuck his neck out.

While this isn't condemning evidence for a scum read, it makes me hesitant to trust him, and makes me question how you guys trust him so much right now.
Give me something concrete. You're considering him a lynch target but all you have is paranoia.

Top Bottom