• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-c-c-combos!

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
Yea, good stuff man, btw I'm glad to be back on the forums...been gone to long..good to see alot of stuff has happened to Lucas meta. Yea Dair for the win.

Levitas

the moon
I think that's gamefaqs for "aerial back attack" though I could be mistaken. It might be some dialect I'm not familiar with.

And you're absolutely right, it isn't.

Also, welcome to smashboards ^_^

Rubes

Smash Rookie
Well now it just begs the question, who's going to ask about the nair into other attack combos :p

clowsui

Smash Legend
whoever isn't calling it the tyr combo should gtfo

the only lucas w/ consistent results nowadays is tyr...give him a little respect. galeon, too, but i don't see him going for dair dtilt usmash combos that often, so...

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
whoever isn't calling it the tyr combo should gtfo

the only lucas w/ consistent results nowadays is tyr...give him a little respect. galeon, too, but i don't see him going for dair dtilt usmash combos that often, so...
TECHNICALLY, Dair -> Dtilt -> Usmash IS the tyr combo. The Dair -> dtilt -> fsmash is the Minus combo. The basis for the Tyr combo came from Minus, who came into the boards, and he got super flamed by Tyr amongst others, myself included, for saying that it would never work, because good players would just tech it. Tyr modified it from Fsmash to Usmash, essentialy making it his own combo. The funny thing is: Minus said it wasn't even he who made up the name; the rest of friends around him called it that and hyped it up alot, kinda like how you're doing.

clowsui

Smash Legend
poor execution = -__-

btw thanks for backing me pink fresh =D i don't understand why fsmash would be your pick over usmash unless usmash was stale...since usmash has more base kb and they're in lock state anwyays >_>; + usmash lasts so long whereas fsmash is shorter lasting so it'd be easier to time anyways?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
poor execution = -__-

btw thanks for backing me pink fresh =D i don't understand why fsmash would be your pick over usmash unless usmash was stale...since usmash has more base kb and they're in lock state anwyays >_>; + usmash lasts so long whereas fsmash is shorter lasting so it'd be easier to time anyways?
OH!

Well, I guess he [Minus] didn't Usmash would work. That's pretty much it. But! to answer why Somebody would Fsmash over Usmash, Against chars such as DDD, Snake, and Jiggz, that knows how to Double stick SDI usmash down and tech it, Fsmash is the better choice, Simply because DDD and Snake survive Vertical kills like -______-

Also, if you get the Dair -> Dtilt lock at the edge, You should Fsmash. Oh! And uhh if you get the Dair -> Dtilt at early percents away from the edge and you can Walking dtilt to the edge, then Fsmash.

I guess it's just preference.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Fsmash is better because if your opponent can predict the Usmash they can avoid it using get up invincibility frames.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
if that's the Tyr combo, dair+dtilt (trip)+dair+dtilt (lock)+usmash would be the APC combo, or jab+dtilt (trip)+fsmash would be another APC combo -.-
that's pointless
it is just a dair to dtilt lock...
if someone would recive some credit, that would be Mitani for posting videos of Lucas' dtilt lock

wangston

Smash Lord
sorry I didn't mean to get you guys all worked.

Tyr is the only one i've seen do it... but then again he is the only good lucas I've ever played. And it's **** sexy when he pulls it off when you play him for the first time and don't know about it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lmao apc u mad cuz u didn't beat lain...ppl getting upset over naming things
lol tyr probably doesn't care that much but just so you know it's GOOD to name combos after players if you can get 'em named that way because that means you get the chance to explain to ppl who that person is when they ask, you know....you get to put up your pros and **** lol so now ppl who don't know jack about lucas will know about tyr at the very least, and you can talk about galeon or oats or pink fresh or whoever along with him
don't be mad just because tyr got a lead on m2k ;P

Chuee

Smash Hero
Tyr is the only one i've seen do it... but then again he is the only good lucas I've ever played. And it's **** sexy when he pulls it off when you play him for the first time and don't know about it.
I've done it before =/
Clowsui knows hehe :)

Chuee

Smash Hero
"I guarantee no one with any sense in their head will call this the "Minus combo." It's something that many of us have been doing for a long time as stated by Galeon."
-Tyr

lololol

clowsui

Smash Legend
^truth
cincinnati first
ohio
michigan
kentucky
indiana
illinois when they came over too

also chue i've seen you do it...but you only got it once and that was on bead, the scrubbiest guy in our pool lmao. you don't get it as often as tyr. lmao at that quote though, an entire region has taken to calling this combo by a name, so w/e

Chuee

Smash Hero
also chue i've seen you do it...but you only got it once and that was on bead, the scrubbiest guy in our pool lmao. you don't get it as often as tyr. lmao at that quote though, an entire region has taken to calling this combo by a name, so w/e
I pulled it off at least 4 times in pools. I also pulled one off on you clowsui -_-

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Usmash looks cooler.

It's totally still the Minus combo. That dude is my hero.

And to answer Chu, the Usmash isn't avoidable because the Dtilt causes a forced get up since it's a jab lock move. You just have to time it. You can do Dsmash or a bunch of other moves if you wanted as well. Sometimes Fsmash is the better option like on Japes or places where uneven terrain messes up jab locks. Sometimes I forget and try to Usmash anyway though. As long as you know what percentage your opponent will die at, it usually isn't an issue. It just might take a few extra Dtilts.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yes, but if they time it right, i'm pretty sure they can avoid the Usmash or the strongest part of it using invincibility frames from get up animation. It's still pretty hard to do though.

Crimson Child

Smash Cadet
NNID
crimchild
The usmash lasts for a long time and is really easy to hit with, I've never missed it after a jablock yet. But sometimes the opponent rolls instead of the doing the getup animation, anyone know how they do this or how it can be prevented?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exZ4Pj-0eoM 1:30

oh Oats, whatever happened to you. you used to be so young and naive and cared about all this naming stuff.

To me, the dtilt - lock - upsmash is the holy grail of Lucas Cool. If tyr does it and impresses people, fine by me. If people call it the tyr combo, good ****. It's known as the Chunky Combo in Vegas, and I'm sure Galeon's friends call it the Galeon, and people in South America call it the APC.

I think I learned the lock from the guy APC mentioned, in his video, and I love the Minus thread that came up two-three months after that. I'd like to think I came up with the upsmash thing on my own three weeks before the game came out in Japan, when I was beta-testing it over at Hal Labs, but like moveable type, that ****'s discovery was inevitable.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
do I fall under the worked up category? Because that would work me up more than anything. ...being considered as worked up that is. :p

Top Bottom