• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
lol so much response on the name issue. I think I'm gunna end up calling myself a famous composer of sorts.. maybe mozart or tchaikovsky or something, >_<

on the topic of techchasing, I think tech chasing perfectly, *purely* on reaction isnt possible - every tech chase on reaction involves some level of prediction, even on a subconscious level. It's sort of like if I upthrow a spacie and he DIs away, I'll dash to follow his DI, expecting a forward roll, and if he does that I'm easily able to regrab, if he does something unexpected like no tech or tech in place, i might flub the regrub.

Exceptions made for m2k though, as previously mentioned

D

Deleted member

my name was a combination of really liking a song by sublime and thought it'd be funny if i was sMoke2jointz and when people see me im some asian guy

turns out it wasnt funny and people just go wtf when they see me

too bad cuz i have a million other names i could've went by

also i changed my name to s2j but people still call me sMoke2jointz!! WHY

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
my name was a combination of really liking a song by sublime and thought it'd be funny if i was sMoke2jointz and when people see me im some asian guy

^ i lold

definitely just sticking to my real name now so people dont go "o_0? :?:"

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
also another thing i just thought of... you know when marth nairs through you so they land behind you? alot of marths will immediately fmash or utilt you since your facing away and dont really have any good options, right? im thinking of using falcons up b to counter this... in theory i feel like it should work because as the sword is hitting your shield for the second time you immediately up-b and you should be able to grab them before they smash you... does anyone know if this works?

Walt

Smash Ace
I think you can just bair OoS if marth nairs through your shield. or just WD OoS away and grab the fsmash/utilt.

this is all theory the marth I play I don't think nairs through shields so I actually have no idea.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)

too bad cuz i have a million other names i could've went by

also i changed my name to s2j but people still call me sMoke2jointz!! WHY
Haha, I thought it was hilarious. Never met you but your entire online personality is hilarious, including the name

also another thing i just thought of... you know when marth nairs through you so they land behind you? alot of marths will immediately fmash or utilt you since your facing away and dont really have any good options, right? im thinking of using falcons up b to counter this... in theory i feel like it should work because as the sword is hitting your shield for the second time you immediately up-b and you should be able to grab them before they smash you... does anyone know if this works?
Marth usually doesn't land too far behind you because his jump distance isn't that large. If he goes just a little behind you (as he usually will) nair OOS and hit him with your butt

He probably won't DI it well and you get to combo him

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Marth usually doesn't land too far behind you because his jump distance isn't that large. If he goes just a little behind you (as he usually will) nair OOS and hit him with your butt

He probably won't DI it well and you get to combo him
I think you can just bair OoS if marth nairs through your shield. or just WD OoS away and grab the fsmash/utilt.

this is all theory the marth I play I don't think nairs through shields so I actually have no idea.
Ugh. I guess I just need to be faster on my jump out of shield. I just get too scared to jump out when there's a marth behind me because I feel as soon as I leave the ground (and the protection of my shield) I'm going to jump right into a tipper from behind :S

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Well, nair has really low shieldstun. If he autocancels it, he has to start the nair earlier, so you can move earlier, and if he L-cancels it, it has more lag frames on landing. Add that on top of utilt/fsmash's startup frames, and it's pretty much completely safe to attack him in that situation. He won't get the move out in time. Maybe he'll shield it but since you'd be hitting his back you'd be okay.

If he does late fair on shield it's risky to attack him depending on what he does, so mix it up/try to read what he's going to do in that case.

Nakamaru

Smash Master

This is what i do. You can also OoS dair if they like to wait for a your response. If they shield it you'll be back to back so you can just run away, but you'll come out of the exchange with more freedom to follow up with what you want. It still loses to f-smash/f-tilt though so i would save it for when you know what they are gonna do.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
TheLake does that to me a lot. I get punished hard if i ever try to nair OoS after he nairs. So i bair/dair OoS to catch him as he runs away or does anything but shield really.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
No I seriously think nair oos beats everything they do if they cross you up with nair

(unless they started the crossup nair from like RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU in which case, wtf??)
this might be true but im thinking you have to be right next to him for this to work. like you said, falcons *** has to be pretty much touching marth following the nair through shield. any further and your just gunna get fsmashed

Walt

Smash Ace
It really shouldn't be a problem though. Like, the only time you have to worry about shield pressure from marth is when your back is to the edge he is just empty hopping/spaced late fair/spaced dtilting at you. And even then I usually just WD OoS off the edge and grab then roll up, or ledgejump, or ledgehop waveland in place, or if they are bad and get too close then invincible knee(uair works if they are at high percent, and you should get CC grabbed for the first hit of nair everytime by competent marths)

hooray a million years of marth experience.

Niko45

Smash Master
No I seriously think nair oos beats everything they do if they cross you up with nair

(unless they started the crossup nair from like RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU in which case, wtf??)
Yea you're supposed to do cross up nair from right on top of them. If you're reaching with nair you're probably already dead and no I don't think nair oos does not beat dashing away or side Bing back the opposite direction if the Marth does it proper.

one day it will pay off for me too (actually, i guess it does in general, i do pretty well against niko who i consider a lot better than me).

until then, **** marth.
Yup, then I go look at results threads and see you getting bodied...smh so tight

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm excited for it. Not EXPECTING T#J to win though, haha.

Alot of ppl know who he is now i think.

D

Deleted member

i have no clue who he is ROFL

since ur hyping it up i'll assume he's ****ing good

PEEF!

Smash Hero
No hes playing puff I think.

We probably wont be streaming it though. S2J is going to be streamed vs Duck. Help yall learn the matchup because we all know that none of us know it hahah

0Room

Smash Lord
No hes playing puff I think.

We probably wont be streaming it though. S2J is going to be streamed vs Duck. Help yall learn the matchup because we all know that none of us know it hahah
Lol
Falcon Samus is actually a match up I'm fairly familiar with

Also
This is really interesting
Lots of cool things like Peach's utilt having invinc
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309178

Walt

Smash Ace
good **** johnny on second. getting second to another dude from socal probably makes midwest feel kinda silly.

Top Bottom