• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

0Room

Smash Lord
I don't think he meant not to be hype or anything like that

But that we need to have a more professional outlook when dealing with outside people, such as interviews, streams, and such

e.g. Hugs
Though the line of what is accepted and childish is very thin

crush

Smash Master
I don't think he meant not to be hype or anything like that

But that we need to have a more professional outlook when dealing with outside people, such as interviews, streams, and such

e.g. Hugs
Though the line of what is accepted and childish is very thin
but the pokemon theme song was fine wasnt it? :urg:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I wouldn't say no to more money in the pot if it's x5-x20 more for 1st place. lol. I mean to me it seems like it could be a good motivator since it would be more worth it to travel around and try to place in that money. Hell the beginning days of Brawl and Melee was ridiculous.. so much... lol. I never really got to experience that.. I guess I might be jelly... lol.

Crush, ruined? In the past Melee had sponsors too, it was fine. =P Even Brawl, it was fine too. Does anyone know why MLG quit Melee before?

No the pokemon theme song was NOT OK! OMG! noooo!!

crush

Smash Master
Well I wouldn't say no to more money in the pot if it's x5-x20 more for 1st place. lol. I mean to me it seems like it could be a good motivator since it would be more worth it to travel around and try to place in that money. Hell the beginning days of Brawl and Melee was ridiculous.. so much... lol. I never really got to experience that.. I guess I might be jelly... lol.

Crush, ruined? In the past Melee had sponsors too, it was fine. =P Even Brawl, it was fine too. Does anyone know why MLG quit Melee before?
yeah i changed it even before you posted lol.

0Room

Smash Lord
Because Brawl came out lolz

More because the attendance wasn't enough to keep the capital they were putting into it

Crush
Let me put it to you this way

Tournaments that are smaller/obviously done by the community [e.g. MIST] are fine
Anything sponsored needs to have a more professional feel

At least that's the gist of what I'm getting

0Room

Smash Lord
Well again
MLG was sponsoring it

And there was a level of professionalism without taking away from the Hype

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well again
MLG was sponsoring it

And there was a level of professionalism without taking away from the Hype
Oh alright, I jelly...

Well I know there are companies out there which might be willing to sponsor tournaments still so that means we still can't **** it up. Like Sabergaming / Red Bull and stuff like that. And I think it's still a good reason to change for the better and do it right. That means everyone is involved and should be nice / follow the rules and not cause stupid drama which might make people look away from us. I definitely don't want smash to die. =P

From what I've gathered, most people are bored and like to troll.. lol.

0Room

Smash Lord
I mean Snap here in NC had moderate success with XS power drinks here
I dunno I think it would be a good idea to go out and start looking

I think this is a good time because of the way the community is starting to jump start again with big tournaments

D

Deleted member

He knows it wasn't you crush, was just putting out a general statement.

Yo, I'm starting to play more falcon now. My question for S2J is do you think up throw chain grabbing a spacie at mid-high percents is useful / viable.
its good if you do it quick before they DI but usefulness goes down the better the player gets simply cuz people can DI away

but its good cuz people getting regrabbed/tech chased = panic for most

crush

Smash Master
its good if you do it quick before they DI but usefulness goes down the better the player gets simply cuz people can DI away

but its good cuz people getting regrabbed/tech chased = panic for most
also the holding c stick down thing 0room was talking about earlier can allow you to throw really fast so falcos that are di'ing in can get chain grabbed by down throw (into dropzone maybe:awesome: ) right?

D

Deleted member

quoted from m2k i hope he doesnt care but extremely relevant

Jason Zimmerman 7:33 pm
falcon actually CGs spacies like just below 40% lol
with up throw back DI or maybe no DI
its approx 40
those guys saying 50s are noobies
also i think up throw knee works at like somewhere in the low 100s
fox, falco, falcon
idk exact %s for each of them but i think its all around 110? more or less
just lettig u know
((assuming forward DI. Without forward DI its obviously free)

0Room

Smash Lord
Thanks M2K

I just didn't want to say a specific % in case I was wrong
So I picked a number I knew worked

And Falco's the one that starts at 110%

Just so ya know

D

Deleted member

i have no clue rofl

i just look at their body as they flop down from the air and then judge if i can f-smash

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Im like s2j in that respect. I dont go and practice stuff, i just do it. It seems like upthrow fsmash works ALOT more than ppl use it.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

yo s2j, this is MOW.

watched a lot of your recent vids. your **** is legit as ****. i support the ****.

this is not a question in any way.

Van.

Smash Ace
sorry man i can't do that or i'll get infracted :/

edit: omg crush you've made like 500 posts in a week i can't believe you're already past 1000

crush

Smash Master
Pretty sure like 5 days ago I was at like 600 lol. Also pretty sure like 5 days ago was the last time I went outside (and it was to walk to the car to drive up to new York for a tourney )

Van.

Smash Ace
pretty sure like 5 days ago i was at like 600 lol. Also pretty sure like 5 days ago was the last time i went outside (and it was to walk to the car to drive up to new york for a tourney )

wait you said you were in 7th grade we have found an inconsistency

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Just uthrow them and if they ever miss the DI regrab them, if not techchase as normal

if you've seen m2k play falcon dittos (like the ones at ROM1 vs. mango) that's what he does and it ***** if they miss the DI for some reason

D

Deleted member

get *****

i have 5 points and posted at least 15 infraction worthy posts and all i got was a warning wtf

Top Bottom