• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Someone's going on my ignore list, this is getting old..

Warning: Anyone else that has a username starting with F might get put on there too.
join the ranks of Fuelbi and Fletch.
I was starting to get worried there for a moment. :scared:

Welp, so long NC. Vacation time! :cool:

later gents. be back in like...10 days
Have a great vacation dude! :cool:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Sharpshooter custom gametype is now on my fileshare, whoever wants it take it from there and place it on your own fileshare

Tomorrow (or whenever ppl are done getting sharpshooter) I'll have gun game or sticks and stones on there

I can only have one at a time cause I don't wanna delete the other 5 on my fileshare lol

:phone:

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
The Team SWF guys are planning a podcast recording on July 17. Who can make it on skype at 8:00 ish?

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
What will this podcast recording consist of?

Well, sir, that is for us to decide. Any suggestions? I was thinking we play games while we talk about random funny stuff. It should only be an hour and a half long at most.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
famas still any good?
Uh, yeah, its still, by far, the best assault rifle, with only the AUG competing.

Yeah, if you like aiming down your sights slower than a tranquilized elephant.
With Sleight of hand, it isn't a problem. It still kills faster than everything but the AUG.
The only things they changed were.
1. The hipfire was increased, but the firerate still allows it to kill fast at close range when hipfired.
2. The ADS time was slowed down, but the only reason it feels slow is because we're all used to the old famas handling. It is definitely managable.
3. The center speed, or the speed at which the gun returns to the center in between shots, has been slowed down. It isn't noticable because it doesn't make a difference in the recoil profile until after 15 bullets.
Considering it takes three bullets and that they kill so fast, the center speed is pretty useless. You can burst fire if you don't think you will be able to handle sustained kick because it still kills just as fast and just as effectively.
They need to reset the stats and make the bullet damage 30-20.

Can I be on this or is this 360 players only?
Well, since the 360 crowd is bigger, I figured I'd just hold it for the 360. You wouldn't be able to play any of the members, and it'd be a completely different tournament among PS3 players.
Plus you'd have to play Leafy
*Shudders*

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
General Answer: If you like video games, your computer can run skype well, you have a good quality microphone, you arrive on time, and you're not a craphead, I'll let you in.

EDIT: you're more likely to get in if you have an Xbox.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
General Answer: If you like video games, your computer can run skype well, you have a good quality microphone, you arrive on time, and you're not a craphead, I'll let you in.

EDIT: you're more likely to get in if you have an Xbox.
Imma be there. Or at least, try to remember to be there.

Lol...
I was completely oblivious to the skype thing the entire time I was typing that.
I feel so silly now.
Daaaaw, it's okay you silly billy wittle willy.

._.

I just woke up.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Silly Darkshot, elephants don't aim down their sights.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I've only used the Famas once since it got nerfed, I think. It just doesn't feel right anymore.

The Aug/Commando are pretty much the only two guns I'm using now, sometimes the galil.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm aware that the Ballistic Knife I think is not regarded as a stealth weapon, and it shows up on radar when you shoot one, but is the Crossbow affected by that as well? The CoD wiki doesn't say and Google's proven inconclusive.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
They shouldn't be. If an enemy can't hear a silenced spas, or a silenced famas, but they can hear the tiny click of a knife or they can tell where the sound of a tiny snapping bowstring is coming from, I think Treyarch has the wrong idea about human ears.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I don't understand how the footsteps work in this game. When you aren't running ninja, your character makes noise like every 5-10 steps. Taptaptap.........................taptaptap...........................taptaptap.

Is he playing hopscotch? Has he somehow acquired the hover boots from Ocarina of Time, that he equips/unequips now and then? Cnfousde

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I don't remember the last time I've played while listening to the game sound, outside of Wager Matches, where soundwhoring is hella easy. I usually have my iPod plugged in instead.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand how the footsteps work in this game. When you aren't running ninja, your character makes noise like every 5-10 steps. Taptaptap.........................taptaptap...........................taptaptap.

Is he playing hopscotch? Has he somehow acquired the hover boots from Ocarina of Time, that he equips/unequips now and then? Cnfousde
I didn't recognize you at first with that new avatar. o_O

And the sound system sucks in Black Ops.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The sound isn't the best, but I think they made it so that you can only really hear people who are pretty close around you, or if they step on something loud when not using Ninja Pro, Ninja Pro makes it too easy. Also, I understand why they did this, because in MW2 and CoD4, it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too easy to hear people, I don't care what anybody has to say about it, but if you can hear somebody that's basically 30ft away, there's a problem. Albeit a problem that I exploited very much and very often, but a problem nonetheless.

NOTE: I'm not talking about **** like the rocket in Launch going off randomly, the random lightening strikes in Villa, or the blaring train on WMD. That stuff is just annoying as hell.

I'd much rather hear my music than my game sound.

Top Bottom