• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
For the MP5k, I've found that Extendos are the better attachment. Rapid Fire really hurts its ability at some extended ranges that it is very capable in if you're using Extendos. Rapid Fire has actually caused a good deal of my deaths while using it and trying to hit someone behind cover or at a decent distance. The close range benefit isn't worth anything because the MP5k rips through people at close range regardless.

Basically, use Extendos for the better aiming and range capability. You can single/burst fire an MP5k to kill quickly at extremely far ranges without Rapid Fire.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't think you guys understand. Rezurrection is going to be just zombie maps. No multiplayer maps, just zombies.

YEEEEAAAHHHHHHHH

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
For the MP5k, I've found that Extendos are the better attachment. Rapid Fire really hurts its ability at some extended ranges that it is very capable in if you're using Extendos. Rapid Fire has actually caused a good deal of my deaths while using it and trying to hit someone behind cover or at a decent distance. The close range benefit isn't worth anything because the MP5k rips through people at close range regardless.

Basically, use Extendos for the better aiming and range capability. You can single/burst fire an MP5k to kill quickly at extremely far ranges without Rapid Fire.
Everything you said in regards to both attachments pretty much sums up my thought process. The rapid fire to me just doesn't do a whole lot more for the gun as it already has close range engagements pretty well covered. I've gotta learn to better control the recoil of the MP5k above all.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Everything you said in regards to both attachments pretty much sums up my thought process. The rapid fire to me just doesn't do a whole lot more for the gun as it already has close range engagements pretty well covered. I've gotta learn to better control the recoil of the MP5k above all.
The red dot is surprisingly good too, at least from my experience. I hadn't even considered it for a while because I never found the iron sights on the MP5K to be that bad, but the red dot is less cluttered and seems to make the recoil a little less noticeable, which is good considering the only time you really need to aim down the sights with the gun is at mid-range anyway. It also seemed to make the muzzle flash less noticeable too, but it might just be me.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
The contracts really help me get a feel for other guns. If it wasn't for contracts I wouldn't have tried the mpl, spas, fal, to name a few. Now mpl's my favorite smg (coming close to being fav gun overall) plus it looks hella sexy w/ gold camo and emblem. I even deleted my mp5k class to make room for the mpl.

I agree though that getting alot of kills is super fun, but I get personal satisfaction with not using 74u or famas. I've never ever equipped the 74u unless I pick it up because I've ran out of ammo with my primary. I acknowledge that it *****, but I just have a problem conforming to the majority (same reason I won't use mk on brawl), and I can consistently pull good games with other guns anyway. I only used famas in lower levels, but now that I'm 15th I barely use it. The only time I use it now is for contracts or to make people rage with my gold famas :troll:

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Luckily, the gun's default fire rate is slow enough to be very manageable at range, and the recoil really is nothing because it's incredibly easy to single/two shot burst people.

Rapid Fire combined with its recoil is so... awkward. I used it for so long, and I just could never consistently beat the recoil. It's some really weird up and right pull that pulls at a really weird pace and severity. @_@

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'll probably stick to extended mags from now on. Rapid fire also sort of forces me to use scavenger, which I hate using in place of lightweight when paired with marathon.

Then there's the Spectre, which I've also taken a liking to lately. Grip, extendos, rapid fire, red dot.....so many attachments.....so much confusion. They all work really well.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wretched VMs me and a expects a VM back.

Little does he know he has visitor messages disabled.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion

Extendos are amazing on MP5k. Ever since I started using Warlord for double tomahawks I've been using Silencer, since I always have silencer on my MP5k class, and started using Extendos with it because it's the best attachment I saw from the options and I don't need a sight.

Anyone else hear about the swimming/flying glitch?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I don't think you guys understand. Rezurrection is going to be just zombie maps. No multiplayer maps, just zombies.

YEEEEAAAHHHHHHHH
I fully understand that, which is why I'm not going to hesitate in buying it. I love the WaW zombie maps. While the Black Ops only maps are ok. Kino is a great map and the one from the First Strike pack is good too but I didn't like the zombie maps from Escalation and Annihilation that much.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I do something called crop shotting. It is where you shoot all around your opponent until you start to damage, and then you therefore recognize the hurtboxes that they contain.
Flop Shotting- Diving to prone, getting up, and then drop shotting.
Mop Shotting- Shooting at your opponents feet so that you are aiming at them when they inevitably fall into last stand.
Pop Shotting- Quickly ADSing with a shotgun.
Top Shotting- Shooting from the highest place on the map.
Hop Shotting- Jumping to avoid a drop shotter.
Cop Shotting- Missing a melee and then hipfiring because you don't want to risk dying by missing another knife.
Stop Shotting- Abruptly stopping your bullets while winning a firefight to laugh at the person who stopped shooting because he assumed he lost the firefight.
Nop(e) Shotting- Being shot at until you have a minimal amount of health, and then killing the person. (you have to be almost dead before you fire your first shot
Qwop Shotting- QWOP QWOP QWOP QWOP FUUUUUU
Shop Shotting- That shot is shopped. I can tell by the bullets and having shot quite a few people in my day.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
according to my combat record, I crotch shot alot, and I never thought that was beneficial because of the recoil

also, tims gone for a week, that means......we can post anything for a week without getting infracted!!!!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
according to my combat record, I crotch shot alot, and I never thought that was beneficial because of the recoil

also, tims gone for a week, that means......we can post anything for a week without getting infracted!!!!
It's very beneficial, and leads to a lot of accidental headshots. To be honest, if I ever feel like I'm going to get shot, I already start holding down slightly to account for the recoil. If I end up not getting shot, I usually kill someone while looking at their feet. @_@

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Way ahead of you on this. I have an smod watching over the LH for me. ;)

And gg last night guys, had fun.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
youre the substitute mod? lol thisll be fun

also sorry for any game/party invites that ive gotten/will get that I dont accept, Im at my home now and my lil bro uses my 360 and my account most of the time

Matt07

Smash Master
Domination like F8AL said is best for Nova. Unless they don't capture the flags :(.

And a bit late but, have a good trip F8AL :).

Top Bottom