• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

S

smash brawl player 99021

It's possible...
yes...
We could...
and it would be...

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol wtf happened??

And yep i'm free all day just lemme know here when people are playing, if you guys send me an invite and I don't accept my brothers on my account, but I can kick him out anytime

:phone:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Ugh....I'm beginning to think recording with a PVR on an HD TV without any input lag is impossible. I'd really like to, but nothing online has pointed me in the right direction in terms of what to buy or anything else of that nature. Sigh.

In other news, I bought an Asus VH236H monitor, which is the monitor they use for MLG. I'll report on how that works tomorrow.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ugh....I'm beginning to think recording with a PVR on an HD TV without any input lag is impossible. I'd really like to, but nothing online has pointed me in the right direction in terms of what to buy or anything else of that nature. Sigh.

In other news, I bought an Asus VH236H monitor, which is the monitor they use for MLG. I'll report on how that works tomorrow.
Input lag? You must be doing it wrong because I'm fine.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
You play on a pretty bit TV though, right? I've heard the larger TVs don't get input lag, which makes sense because of the refresh rate probably.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I don't actually have one, but I have a few friends with them. It's really noticeable input lag for myself, but for people who play casually, they don't even notice it. It also doesn't help that none of the youtube commentators show their setups and such. Not finding any good help anywhere online.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...lack/9593932.p?id=1218130472240&skuId=9593932

If you aren't playing in HD, buy this monitor right this instant. It's the monitor they use for MLG, and for that price, it's a great steal.

Mine shipped in 3 days, and I just finished setting it up. No input lag whatsoever and the picture looks perfect. Really satisfied with this monitor right now (you can also use a PVR with it if you buy a component to HDMI converter, which I'm going to try and hopefully be able to record/play simultaneously without input lag).

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Radiation is the map I do the best on. I have more absurdly high K/D games on that map than I do on any other. Firing Range and Nuketown are second and third respectively.

If you want to do well on radiation, avoid the middle area. I'm a Domination player, so I like to stay in the control center of the factory and just pick off people from there. When the enemy team has the C Flag, there is a spawnpoint just outside of the factory that people always run by, free kills. There is also a spawn flip where they spawn in the factory, just beside all those tanks, right beside the ladder (You should know what I'm talking about. Look outside of the window into the factory, free kills. It's pretty easy to get yourself killed doing this, but if you don't, it works really, really well, like 70-1 in a 6vs6 well.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The center area of Radiation, at least in my experience, is incredibly useful, at least in TDM. I usually cross through it on my way to the enemy's new spawn (the corner by the 2 story house and corner by the 2 story construction thing). It's not commonly watched, and as long as you make the proper path (I usually go straight for the windows of the underground area) it's a fast and efficient way to pressure the enemy as they change spawns. Not only that, but I LOVE my movement options from those two houses out there. Factory side has easy access to the Factory, the 2 story area, and it gives you a wall for cover that lets you look down the lane to the warehouse spawn (and what a barren, death lane it is in this situation). On the other side, there's a barrel and doorway for cover as you can catch the second story windows, the alley that people spawn down and frequently run on, and there's the easy underground route straight to the parking lot, letting you get into the factory.

Whenever I play the map, unless the enemy team is camping the factory, I'm usually switching back and forth along those central buildings across the center of the map. The travel is much safer if the doors are up, as well.

Matt07

Smash Master
Thanks for the tips guys. *Take notes.*

And how do you capture B in Hazard...whoever spawns in A practically wins, so effin stupid >_<.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
B flag in hazards stupid when you're playing with randoms. If you're with a party though just have them flank and kill the people that are usually camping on the left and right of the flag and then throw a smoke and cap the flag while the said teammates keep pushing keeping the enemies busy, flak jacket will help too.

Matt07

Smash Master
@ Hot_ArmS - Ok, will do next time thanks :).

And I'm really disliking the way Treyarch did the perk system...especially some of the Pro Versions. Example: Everyone uses Sleight of Hand, it has Godly mods on Godly mods. Why would you use Hardended/Steady Aim/Scout. Like people without Hardened should flinch a lot more to make people who use Hardened win gun fights. It's silly how I lose to someone using SoH when I have reduced flinch...Am I the only one who feels this way?

/:mad:.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
My main proble with SoH is the fact that the reload animation doesn't become faster, as in if I see someone reloading they're reloading at normal speed even though their reload time is faster on their screen. It screws me over so much when I think I'm able to rush them down and see them after they've shot for a bit and they just kill me while I'm trying to go for them.

.-.

Top Bottom