• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Fletch

Smash Master
I use a Vector

Which would be better?
SP makes Vector a 3 shot kill at close range instead of a 4 shot kill, and at a distance, SP makes the Vector a 4 shot kill instead of a 5. Depends on if you find this useful or not, but it seems like a good candidate for SP usage.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
What's a good RPD class? I recently started using it and it seems like a really good gun.

Currently my plans are:

RPD w/ Grip
OMA Pack

Semtex
Stuns

One Man Army
Stopping Power
Ninja

I love one man army. I put it on just about everything simply because it allows me to change guns depending on the situation and resupply if I ever need to. Stopping Power seems to really help this gun and ninja is their because everything else sucks. Any changes I should make?

S

smash brawl player 99021

What's a good RPD class? I recently started using it and it seems like a really good gun.

Currently my plans are:

RPD w/ Grip
OMA Pack

Semtex
Stuns

One Man Army
Stopping Power
Ninja

I love one man army. I put it on just about everything simply because it allows me to change guns depending on the situation and resupply if I ever need to. Stopping Power seems to really help this gun and ninja is their because everything else sucks. Any changes I should make?
That reminds me, I used the M240 today, and it is incredibly good. I can mow down a lawn of people, and it has pretty decent damage. Same class as BK here, except change RPD :/

I use Commando just because I don't like using that type of weapon for CQB

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Whenever I go with an RPD I use it with Grip and sleight of hand. When you aim down the sight without sleight of hand pro, you'll probably be dead before you can shoot a single shot, so that helps a lot. You also don't need scavenger seeing as you already have enough ammo, and if you don't use sleight of hand I think you may actually change to the same class faster than reloading with an RPD with OMA pro....which is really stupid. Kinda needs stopping power to keep it a 2 shot kill, and for the third perk I use ninja as well just because I hate hearing my own footsteps and I don't like getting killed by the occasional heartbeat sensor.

@Icy - Have you been seeing a lot of people using M240 with bling holo and grip? I've seen that a ton lately and I've seen it in the past as well. I'm so tempted to get those attachments for it just to try it out. It's damage isn't anything special, but it's more accurate than the AUG and has a faster fire rate, so it looks like it might be worth trying out.

On a side note, finally level 70 tenth prestige. Everyone calls me a hacker now, yay.

S

smash brawl player 99021

@Icy - Have you been seeing a lot of people using M240 with bling holo and grip? I've seen that a ton lately and I've seen it in the past as well. I'm so tempted to get those attachments for it just to try it out. It's damage isn't anything special, but it's more accurate than the AUG and has a faster fire rate, so it looks like it might be worth trying out.
I've never seen that. I just like it paired with OMA since the reload time takes forever >_<

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I use OMA most of the time when using LMGs (except the AUG, the .4 seconds slower reload compared to OMA isn't worth sacrificing a secondary to me), replenishable claymores, and faster to replenish ammo.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Currently my plans are:

RPD w/ Grip
OMA Pack

Semtex
Stuns

One Man Army
Stopping Power
Ninja

I personally use Sleight of Hand for the RPD. I would also maybe recommend Commando, since LMGs are a bit too unwieldy at close range for my tastes. I used Ninja, though. That class is actually very good, and the only changes I'd make to it are personal preference.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I know pretty much every necessary thing to know about the RPD as it is my favorite gun.

That class is fine, but personally, I use SoH, SP, and SA.

Fletch

Smash Master
Use the Mini Uzi! It's such a (ahem) weapon! I like it at least.
The Mini-Uzi is the worst SMG, I'd avoid. I can go into details if necessary, but the stats kind of speak for themselves.

Currently my plans are:

RPD w/ Grip
OMA Pack

Semtex
Stuns

One Man Army
Stopping Power
Ninja

If you're going to stick with OMA, there isn't much I'd change about this class. I love me some OMA too, but with an LMG class based around the RPD, you probably want to switch to SoH for the ADS boost (LMGs are slow to ADS). Obviously SP is a must with this gun to keep it a 2 shot kill at all ranges. As far as the third tier perk, you can never go wrong with Ninja, but I like using Commando for LMGs to give me some decent close range presence. If you decide to skip out on OMA, I'd get a nice close-range weapon for a secondary, maybe the G18s or the SPAS. If you feel comfortabel, the RPD can be used decently at close range with SoH, so you can use a launcher of your choosing then if you don't want to go with a shotgun or MP.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!

Currently my plans are:

RPD w/ Grip
OMA Pack

Semtex
Stuns

One Man Army
Stopping Power
Ninja

That's basically one of my classes exactly, except with the L86 because i never bothered to check out the rpd.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I thought you quit this game a while ago. I guess I threw that party for no reason. I don't understand how people can get "Missed" either. And if you meant pissed, I don't understand that. Deagle is balls and Last Stand sucks a fat one.
Nah, I didn't quit. I just took time off, and I love u too Icy.

Any1 got just a GOOD class? I got custom class slot I'm not using atm..

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
M16 w/ Holo
Claymore / Stuns x 2
SPAS-12 w/ Extended Mags
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Ninja

^or this with any silenced AR.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
General Objective type class:

UMP @ Silencer
Akimbo Man Guns

Tactical Insertion
Smoke

Marathon
Lightweight
Ninja/Commando

I use a variation of this for all my objective game types. It's so good for those.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
This is the BEST set in the entire game:

UMP45 @ Anything
Any secondary
Any special grenade/Any equipment
Any perk 1
Any perk 2
Any perk 3

Use this and watch your K/D skyrocket.

Anyhoo,

This is the set that I get the most nukes with. Conveniently, it's also my anti-air class, because I don't like getting nuked.

UMP @ Silencer
Stingers
Stuns/Semtex
SoH Pro
CB Pro
Ninja Pro

This is also good.

UMP @ Anything
AT4
Smoke/Any explosive equipment of your choice
Scavenger
Danger Close
Commando

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
It's not necessarily a bad gun (<3 Mini-Uzi), it's just unfortunately outclassed by everything. The other 3 just have so much more potential. It's still a completely viable weapon.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Strange, the Uzi is my favorite gun. If it were more reliable, I'd use it more. I just get so irritated when I get the jump on someone and they turn around and hipfire with a silenced UMP with lightweight and kill me. I watch the killcam and see kool-aid all over their screen. So I just ragequit and replace it with my UMP class.

I have around 4,000 kills with the UMP, just a rough estimate since I have 2,500+ with every Sub except the MP5k. I might have 3,400 with the Uzi. It's just that IW gives us the best guns to begin with. ie. CoD4, M16/AK, MP5, M40A3, W12000, RPD.

In MW2, FAMAS, Barrett/Intervention, UMP, RPD, Riot Shield.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
UMP @ Silencer
Stingers
Stuns/Semtex
SoH Pro
CB Pro
Ninja Pro

This is very similar to the class I'm running but mine has OMA in place of SoH. Instead, with an increase in class from prestiging, I changed my anti-air class to become my secondary UMP class. Its a bit modified from my standard UMP class...

UMP@ Silencer
Stinger
Stuns/Semtex
Marathon Pro
CB Pro
Ninja Pro

I switch to that from my other classes to take down anything in the air. Works out fairly well especially if I was running UMP @ Silencer anyway.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I just had a major rage quit. Everyone on the other team was using an ACR or UMP with commando and I got knifed so many times it was a joke. Everytime I saw someone close range I would get knifed immediately, and long range there would always be a guy with an ACR sitting in a window, and it was on storm making it even worse. This game causes more frustration and anger than anything I've ever played x500. I've lost all respect as of tonight for anyone who puts on commando. /rage

Charizard92

Smash Champion
^I put commando on my sniper class, but it is more for the escape than the knife (sometimes I forget it's there, and when I do, it is kind of a "oh yeah" and then they die). For snipers, it is somewhat of a last resort (there's a guy who entered the room and I don't have time to pull out my shotgun) than anything else (at least for me). The "no fall damage" part is more useful, since snipers are on high perches a lot, and getting the drop on someone is quite fun.

Edit: lol at the UMP is gawd thing. The UMP is possibly the best weapon in the game, sans MLC tac knife

kr3wman

Smash Master
why is the AK-47 so bad?

Or is it just 'okay' in a category of weapons that dominate the game? (excluding the obvious ump/commando+knife)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Why is it I always have to die just as I'm about to get a killstreak because some ******* decides to take 2-3 shots to the face and not die?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I guarantee that you get killed more before a streak than one away so why does it matter?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Why is it that I get hitmarkers w/ the Intervention when I hit them in the chest? :mad:

^ probably cuz u just wasted all that time to get that killstreak. I would feel less angry if I died w/ a 3 kill streak than w/ a 6 about to get harriers.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I have Friday and next Tuesday off, and after Wednesday, I'll be out of school. Anyone have any plans to travel this summer? Any thoughts on a general plan for Summertime either?

Fletch

Smash Master
Please do.
The Mini-Uzi has the slowest TTK out of all the SMGs outside of the P90 (which is probably the second-worst SMG), and it also shares the most similar stats to this gun, so I'll just compare these two if thats okay. I don't think I really need to explain why the UMP and MP5k beast all over the Mini-Uzi, but I can address the Vector if you want me to. Basically the MP5k and Vector fill the spray use of the SMG much better than the Mini-Uzi.

Both the P90 and Mini-Uzi are 30-20 guns, and both have the same exact range. The P90 shoots at 925 RPM, while the Mini-Uzi shoots at 950 RPM. The 25 RPM difference is negligible, and in the absolute worst case (max range with no Stopping Power), only adds an extra hundredth of a second (.27 vs .28 respectively). In all other cases, the difference is only in the thousandths, and you really shouldn't be running into the former situation often enough for it to matter anyways. If you do, the more manageable recoil on the P90 still should still give it an easier time at range, but that's not the point of an SMG anyways.

So that brings us to clip size. The P90 holds 50 bullets while the Uzi is stuck at a paltry 32. Having nearly double the size of the clip of the Uzi is what really makes the P90 better, and not just because the P90 doesn't have to reload often, but because it can be used more effectively with perks like Marathon since you have way more ammo at your disposal, unlike the Uzi which basically requires Scav to be effective. Uzi has a better reload time barely, but if you combine the total time to empty plus reload time, P90 is faster by almost half a second for each time you run through a clip.

The P90 also has less recoil, which doesn't matter that much given that these are close-range guns, but will still come in handy. One could argue that the Uzi's recoil leads to "more headshots" being that it's vertical, but you can't really argue for more recoil ever being a better thing. The Uzi dose have a better raise/drop time than the P90, but this is pretty irrelevant as you shouldn't need a secondary often when using an SMG.

Anyways, it's not really that the Mini-Uzi is bad, it's just that all the other SMGs are more useful. You can still absolutely do well with it (just like you can with the F2k), but that doesn't make it a good gun.

why is the AK-47 so bad?

Or is it just 'okay' in a category of weapons that dominate the game? (excluding the obvious ump/commando+knife)
putting any attachment on it increases the recoil for some reason, which makes attachments suck...and what you said, it's basically a high tier when every other gun in its class is a top tier
It's basically "ok", doesn't excel in anything like the SCAR or TAR does (accuracy versus fire-rate) respectively. All the attachments add sway (not recoil) to the gun as well, or else it would be much better.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I guarantee that you get killed more before a streak than one away so why does it matter?
Incorrect.I am actually wondering why you would even say something like that.Being negative for no reason.

Next time you post something about a ninja defuse I should just say "I guarantee it wasn't even that ninja"

About 90% of the time I get 4 kills then die,or get one with my pred and die before I get another for my harriers.

It depends where I'm playing.On green bar I **** pretty consistently.

Most of you guys have no idea what even semi bad connection is like do you?

You should never get 2 hit markers from dead straight shots at mid range,especially when using the FAMAS with SP.

For example when I play against Delta on my home connection he can't be knifed....he just cant.

Top Bottom