• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Justin Bieber sucks. The end.

Anyways, back to MW3.

I admit that I'm not as hyped for this game as I was for MW2 back in 2009 but I'm still looking forward to the game. This is the last chance I'm giving CoD then I'm probably going to stop buying the games and move on. :c

At least they also have some of the wager matches from Black Ops in MW3 which is nice.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Justin Bieber sucks. The end.

Anyways, back to MW3.

I admit that I'm not as hyped for this game as I was for MW2 back in 2009 but I'm still looking forward to the game. This is the last chance I'm giving CoD then I'm probably going to stop buying the games and move on. :c

At least they also have some of the wager matches from Black Ops in MW3 which is nice.
Wager matches are in MW3?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Support Strike Package - Ballistic Vests (5 kills)

"Drop a bag to the ground that supplies your teammates with Ballistic Vests. Every teammate that picks one up gets increased armor and damage resistance."

Problem, snipers/quick scopers? :troll:

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace

"Drop a bag to the ground that supplies your teammates with Ballistic Vests. Every teammate that picks one up gets increased armor and damage resistance."

One of us needs to run this.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

YES, this is gonna be awesome. I'll be trolling quickscopers by using ballistic vests and drop-shotting.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yeah when we run full parties we gotta use that

imagine if we all used UAV, counter, and ballistic vests

the other team would get sooo annoyed thatd be constant no radar for them, constant uav AND juggernaut for us

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
yeah when we run full parties we gotta use that

imagine if we all used UAV, counter, and ballistic vests

the other team would get sooo annoyed thatd be constant no radar for them, constant uav AND juggernaut for us

Well, not all of use need to use support. Some of use should use support and some of us should use assault.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
What Nate said
I'm a good slayer so i'll run assault. I got dis

But yeah if we all used support everyone would use Assassin and then we'd all get pissed and *****

Edit: So I have 24 hours worth of the double xp already.Wanna know how much it cost? Nothing rofl

Ill try to grab you guys some codes tomorrow :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'd assume so, Infinity Ward has already said that there will be no "CoD points" in MW3. They're also adding custom game modes like Michael myers. :awesome:
Does this mean I get experience for repeatedly stabbing people in the face and ****ing with their chances of winning? :awesome:

:phone:

S

smash brawl player 99021

Free wallpaper that came with Amazon pre-order or w/e

random soldier

Y U USE HOLO SIGHT ON SCAR!?!?!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Does this mean I get experience for repeatedly stabbing people in the face and ****ing with their chances of winning? :awesome:

:phone:
I'm not sure if these will be available for matchmaking or just come already made for private game lobbies. =/

EDIT:

Modern Warfare 3's dedicated PC servers are unranked, unlocks controlled by admin

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/23/modern-warfare-3s-dedicated-pc-servers-are-unranked-unlocks-co/

Sucks how it's still gonna be using IWNET. =/

EDIT 2: I plan on doing a massive update for the OP sometime this week like I usually do for the CoD games.

S

smash brawl player 99021

X11's I've had since last year. No need for anything much better.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm fine with the old X1's Stefan gave me. :awesome:
<3

Waits for Banjo.
I'll give a quick review on these things seeing as I've had a lot of people ask me about them, which is totally cool by me. :awesome:

http://www.trittonusa.com/prod/ax720.asp

Tritton AX 720 - about $140 total with tax

Pros
- extremely good sound quality
- surround sound
- pretty comfortable for someone like myself with a big head
- really easy to use

Cons (I have a lot of stupid complaints about this headset, but that's just me. I really love them <3)
- Cords. Lots and lots of cords.
- The audio controller is relatively heavy, causing it to pull on one side of the headset. I rest it on my chair so it's not a big deal but it's still annoying sometimes.
- Setup is pretty easy, but with the digital audio control box you're given, it's a pain if you intend on using the headset for multiple things because you have to unhook/move a bunch of stuff.
- The mic isn't too flexible. Again, not a big deal, but sometimes I sound really quiet because it's hard to get it in the right position close enough to my mouth.

Conclusion - Definite buy if you're willing to pay a little bit extra for a considerably higher quality headset. The surround sound/sound quality makes this headset worth it, along with how comfortable it feels despite the fact that it's a pretty heavy headset. I have a lot of cons but for the most part, they're just little things that I added so it doesn't seem like this is some perfect headset, because there are definitely some annoying things. That aside, a lot of people have had problems with some cords breaking/not functioning after a fair amount of use, but they must be tossing their headsets across the room or something because I've had mine for about a year now (AND have tossed them a few times) and I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever. I've had turtle beach x1s and x11s and the sound quality is way way way better. For CoD, this headset is pretty much perfect, but that's not to say it's not good for other games because it definitely is. Can't stress enough how good the sound quality is on these things.

I'm going to pick up a pair of AstroA40s sometime in the near future to compare, but the Tritton AX 720 is definitely a good buy if you're looking to upgrade. I've had no problems. Just remember to treat them like gold, because some things do break easily.

Edit: don't know what this is worth, but I'll go ahead and say it anyways. Sandyravage played with AX 720s for the longest time and absolutely loved them as well. He bought AstroA40s and complains about the bass and said he strongly prefers the AX 720s. Hope this review helps.

Top Bottom