• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
This might be off topic, but does anyone know of a good headset for the 360 besides turtle beaches? The wirless ones slow down my internet because of the wireless transmitter and the wired one has way too many cords and tangles too easily. So basically what I'm looking for is good sound quality, cords can't be so long that they tangle like crazy. And I also want to be able to hear my friends and in-game sound at the same time if possible.

Back on-topic: Can you get multiple prestige tokens? Like let's say I prestige at least once in CoD4, WaW, MW2, and Black Ops. Would I get 4 prestige tokens? Also if I use a prestige token for double weapon xp, is that permanent? If not I'd probably just use prestige tokens on custom classes or maybe an exclusive title.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This might be off topic, but does anyone know of a good headset for the 360 besides turtle beaches? The wirless ones slow down my internet because of the wireless transmitter and the wired one has way too many cords and tangles too easily. So basically what I'm looking for is good sound quality, cords can't be so long that they tangle like crazy. And I also want to be able to hear my friends and in-game sound at the same time if possible.

Back on-topic: Can you get multiple prestige tokens? Like let's say I prestige at least once in CoD4, WaW, MW2, and Black Ops. Would I get 4 prestige tokens? Also if I use a prestige token for double weapon xp, is that permanent? If not I'd probably just use prestige tokens on custom classes or maybe an exclusive title.
That's insane, your wireless transmitter for your headset does not affect your Internet connection/speed at all.

Yes. You get 1 prestige token for every CoD game you prestige in. (For example, I'll be getting two since I prestidged once in MW2 and Black Ops. There is a limit of one token per game.)

No, only for a limited time.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
That's insane, your wireless transmitter for your headset does not affect your Internet connection/speed at all.

Yes. You get 1 prestige token for every CoD game you prestige in. (For example, I'll be getting two since I prestidged once in MW2 and Black Ops. There is a limit of one token per game.)

No, only for a limited time.
I'm pretty sure my wireless one does, as soon as I hooked up the wireless transmitter, I get booted off of netflix, my internet speed is significantly slower, and I even got kicked from xbox live due to it. As soon as I disconnect my transmitter, everything runs fine.

Also, for the prestige tokens, if weapon xp isn't perma, what about the custom classes, are those permanent?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure my wireless one does, as soon as I hooked up the wireless transmitter, I get booted off of netflix, my internet speed is significantly slower, and I even got kicked from xbox live due to it. As soon as I disconnect my transmitter, everything runs fine.

Also, for the prestige tokens, if weapon xp isn't perma, what about the custom classes, are those permanent?
It's not likely that a small wireless transmitter for a headset would slow down your Internet, can you go to speedtest.net and post your stats here? Maybe I can help.

Yes.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I can't right now since I'm on campus, but I could try later. Also, I might just stick with custom classes then. I imagine the max number of custom classes is 10 so I guess I'll spend the 4 extra tokens on custom classes and after my first prestige get the 10th custom class. After that I guess I would get double xp is custom classes is the only permanent benefit of the prestige tokens.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I can't right now since I'm on campus, but I could try later. Also, I might just stick with custom classes then. I imagine the max number of custom classes is 10 so I guess I'll spend the 4 extra tokens on custom classes and after my first prestige get the 10th custom class. After that I guess I would get double xp is custom classes is the only permanent benefit of the prestige tokens.
You can also reset your stats too after every prestidge. I also think that once you reach 10th prestige level 80, you can go back down to no prestige level 1. (I THINK.)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You can also reset your stats too after every prestidge. I also think that once you reach 10th prestige level 80, you can go back down to no prestige level 1. (I THINK.)
I heard about that but I don't think I"d wanna go back to no prestige level 1. I can understand why someone would want to reset stats though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I heard about that but I don't think I"d wanna go back to no prestige level 1. I can understand why someone would want to reset stats though.
Well, some people complain that there is no point in playing once they reach the max limit in terms of level progression. I'm not 100% sure on this but once I find out, I'll let you guys know.

Yeah, it means you'll never be able to tell who is a scrub now. :urg:

EDIT: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Weapon Progression Behind the Scenes Video

[yt]NMgyMHpyuBY[/yt]

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
ARs just got ********
SMGs are now going to be used by tryhards
LMGs are also more ********

The only thing I'd actually be looking forward to is perfect aim, which is still not enough to make me excited about this. Although is that EMP thingy like a sentry gun but with no kills or what?

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
ARs just got ********

The only thing I'd actually be looking forward to is perfect aim, which is still not enough to make me excited about this. Although is that EMP thingy like a sentry gun but with no kills or what?
Is it possible for you to be pleased by these games? I just don't get it

And I have no idea what you're talking about with the second part of that message.

S

smash brawl player 99021

ARs just got ********

Seriously, all you do is complain.
Good LMG's are non-existent.

EMP Grenades can stun technology obviously, did you pay any attention to that video?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
They destroy technology completely, which will be great for disabling claymores and bouncing betties, which will be common.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I liked the camos you can see in the video.

And I don't approve of bouncing betties being in MW3. At least you can go prone and avoid dying by them like in MW2. They belong in W@W IMO and they're much harder than claymores to spot and try to avoid.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sitrep says hi.

Bouncing betties may have a longer delay, but who knows.

We'll see WHEN THE GAME IS RELEASED.

Also, hi Fuelbi, how ya doin'?

Still not getting this, huh? :-/

HotArms, I agree. I refuse to play this sans people I know. I could care less about W/L and or K/D. But it's more fun with people.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I refuse to play this game with a full team of randoms. I'll only play as long as I have at least one other friend to play with.

They need to implement a feature where I can kick everybody on my team using a sniper. That would make me happy. Very happy.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Pretty fine and you ODIN? And eh, I'll get it but it's off gamefly. In a serious note there's nothing that CoD gets me hyped over anymore and I'm just bored with it, all complaining aside.

:phone:

Top Bottom