• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone here powershield consistently?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The key to powershielding is you have to go from non shielding to a clicked shield (fully depressed) in an instant. I don't really powershield well on platform stages because I prefer to just run around on platforms. But on FD I can be pretty consistent since I'm really focused on shielding properly.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
why ask? wouldnt it have been more efficient with your practice to actually practice instead of asking if other people can do it?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So I can't ask questions? I practice AND I made this thread
i just dont see how you asking if other people can do it in any way effects you being able to do it. i could tell you i can ledge tech 100% of the time but that doesnt let you ledge tech 100% of the time. stop making useless threads.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
I believe the key to defensive smash and starting your own offense against pressure happy and combo happy opponents is powershielding. Turning the tides in several falco dittoes or as a falcon, powershielding that intitial pillar or move helps unpunished start that tech chase, setting up for jab regrabs, charge down smashes, full hop knees, isai stomps, etc.

craiigg

Smash Lord
i can powershield pretty consistently, i guess i just dont find it that hard =S

ps. jona is your sig from a smut peddlars song O:

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
I think people are really exaggerating right now. Its not hard to powershield the first laser if you see it coming but I don't think people can powershield to the point that a falco would stop lasering. If someone is that good id like to see a vid. Additionally, I dont even know if it is possible to reflect two consecutive shls using the fully depressed shoulder method because the shield animation would still be going on as you try to release and reflect again. Again, maybe I dont know what Im talking about but if im wrong Id like to see some proof.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i can powershield pretty consistently, i guess i just dont find it that hard =S

ps. jona is your sig from a smut peddlars song O:
waaaaaaaaaaaat i dont even know who they are sooo yeah. its just what i say when **** happens.

wow i didnt even say anything about the topic. its not necessary to power shield to stop falcos anyways. Tapion Punch Combo FTW. and lots of u-titls.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Aren't you the guy who made the thread about boycotting MLG? :laugh:

I can powershield pretty consistently, but I find it to be much easier with other characters (Marth and Sheik, for example).

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Aren't you the guy who made the thread about boycotting MLG? :laugh:

I can powershield pretty consistently, but I find it to be much easier with other characters (Marth and Sheik, for example).
ganon and peach, and marth. falcon isnt too difficult either

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
Zoso we've played before and Ive seen you play. I know your good, better than me but I havent seen you shut down any falcos with powershielding when using falcon. Is your powershielding that good?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm known for powersheilding alot around my area in NJ. It sucks though cause it makes me want to attempt to do it more then the **** Falco starts jumping without shooting lasers = gay noobish mindgames that I fall for :laugh:

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
i just dont see how you asking if other people can do it in any way effects you being able to do it. i could tell you i can ledge tech 100% of the time but that doesnt let you ledge tech 100% of the time. stop making useless threads.
He now knows it's a possibility that he can learn to ledge tech 100% of the time. Stop making useless replies and try to help people.

Sliq

Smash Master
Jiano is exceptional at power shielding, albeit your best option is to just jump over the laser nair them as they fall to the ground, or nair them as they jump to start lasering.

At Huge Johnz, Jiano played a friendly with Viperboy and nearly powershielded all of the lasers. That match was hilarious.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
you gotta powershield, and react fast enough to do something from it. i.e. if you powershield laser from falcos approach, chances are falco will either get hit by the laser, or shield it. either way, its a free grab or stomp (for falcon) if you are quick enough with it. its not about powershielding "everything", its about just powershielding once and taking advantage.

Top Bottom