• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Stage Discussion Stage 25- Green Hill Zone

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I'd recommend avoiding raptor boost, as it seems to have trouble grabbing the leaves. If the water was normal water this level wouldn't be so bad, but as it is you pretty much can't use Falcon's running speed for anything. This level just makes approaching opponents harder, and you need to have a really good dodge game to win on it. Because of the nature of the water, it's not such a bad choice against people with mostly-vertical recoveries. Oh and the fact that the leaves move when you hit them is ********.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
I use Falcon for team matches, so my opinion can be ignored if you like...
Hanenbow is a very tough stage to fight on period, unless your a multi-jump character.
I occasionally have trouble against MK and DDD here.
Overall, I'd say it's a bad stage for Falcon. You'll end up using up-air alot, especially against Jiggs, MK, or DDD. The only thing that might be easier to hit with is the knee, but 1-2 knees of justice aren't gonna change a match unless their both for a KO.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
sorry about that i just dont like jungle japes,anyways for jungle japes when i usually get stuck in the water i usually do a uair and then falcon dive to help myself get back up. IMO its a good counter pick for teather recoveries.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
post count +1
pokemon stadium i dont play alot on.aim yourself when you use falcon dive or youll get stuck under it.
thats all,btw the wind stage is fun

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I only list stages that are neutral/counterpick by the stage legality thread at the time of posting.

So...

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I'm back so I got a little to say on stuff I missed.

Jungle Japes: ew, although Raptor Boost sweetspotting ledges and not being so suicidal is kinda nice.

Poke Stadium (Brawl): Conveyorbelt phase makes it really hard to approach someone in the middle because of the platforms and the conveyorbelts, and make it impossible to space properly. The ice phase doesn't bug me at all. The wind stage gets me juggled all the time, and if I try to airdodge I don't fall down far enough so I get hit by their next move anyways (aerial Falcon Kick works sometimes, but a lot of characters have UAirs that beat it).

Castle Siege: Nothing further

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
really? the tournies I go to have Castle siege banned

EDIT: then why you add hanebow?
At the time, it was listed as counterpick on the stage legality discussion. Now that the official list is out, I have something more concrete to work with.

Stage 22- Corneria

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
set people up so that you can wall infinite them.try not to get grabbed by falco or king ddd.dont go to low when your in the front trying to recover,you'll end up getting shot.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I kind of like corneria with falcon....if you're going up against a chaingrabbing character you have to stay away from the bottom right portion of the stage, but if you're playing against a character who lacks a wall infinite...you can sweetspot knee your opponent off the "wing" of the ship fairly often.

which is pretty hot.
and also useful.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
The people I've played only pick it because they want to be *******es and wall infinite... pretty lame. Also, the main gun firing off the ship can cause some really ******** deaths.

Hax

Smash Champion
falcon HAS a wall infinite. just use fthrow.

you heard it here first :)

Hax

Smash Champion
corneria is probably going to end up getting banned. the left side is a camper's paradise, and then you've got wall infinites on the right side. doesn't get much worse than that. i don't even think it was fair in melee =/ but then again i'm a falcon main, lol

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I posted a link to the SBR ruleset which includes legal stages. Take a look there and you will find that all stages listed here are legal despite the abuse they can present (Even Hanenbow, albeit for dubs)

Stage 23- Pirate Ship

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
water spike is always good.
when the ship goes up,try to throw them right under(instant kill)
stay away from the lever thing when it starts to go up

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I'm not a big fan of this level. It's easy for the campers to camp even more, and with protection. My knee also goes into the ground (curve of the level) instead of my opponents. Also, I'm not really a fan of the disappearing ground.

On the plus side, the down smash kills pretty well on this level.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
But the disapearing ground does open a window for a raptor boost spike. Other than that, try to control the checkpoint marker and push opponents into the walkoff sides.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
If you or your opponent controls the checkpoint, the other should just wait till it disappears, which makes it not so useful since we don't have any projectiles to camp with. Personally I find it easier to Knee on this stage, assuming your opponent is standing uphill of you, but if your opponent is downhill then most moves will go over their head, which is pretty annoying. I like to stay at the bottom because a mistake on the sides can get you thrown out, and Falcon's BThrow has pretty poor knockback, so it doesn't work for us that well. If someone camps the side though you can try to get a FThrow or DThrow chainthrow.

Top Bottom