• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
All you need to know about the bananas is:

A) Keep one on you at all times to eliminate his banana locking.
B) Use it with Z-Drop -> Aerials to combo and regrab the banana.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Well once people come here, what do you think for a match-up percent? I really don't know, but I'm thinking 25-75 or 30-70.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
We just started on the discussion. Gotta give it some time so other people can post their opinions. Most match-up discussions run for about a week or so, until we're certain we have all the facts and info straight.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
C-c-c-condom Breaker. :V

Also, uhh... we should probably invite the Diddy Boards over here to help discuss this match-up too. It can wait until some of the other Falcons post opinions though, I guess.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Lordy, those descriptions are outdated.

this matchup is actually one of the ones where its not auto win for the high tier.

We handle bananas as well as he does.

60-40

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I wouldn't say we handle them as well as Diddy, but we've got more on him with 'em than most characters do.

Also, I wouldn't counterpick RC against a good Diddy. His air game is actually a pain, especially if he decides to throw bananas around in midair just to make us lose our jumps and gimp us. There's better stages to counterpick against a Diddy.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Lordy, those descriptions are outdated.

this matchup is actually one of the ones where its not auto win for the high tier.

We handle bananas as well as he does.

60-40
lolwut

How is it outdated? I made it like two months ago. Play a good Diddy, then come back and tell me it's 40-60.

And I actually agree about RC, I got wrecked there a few times by Diddy.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I fought a Diddy last time, he just threw banana after banana, never trying any stupid gimmick.
Just naner>safe attack>other naner>safe attack>naner again> rince and repeat.

It was horrible.

Oh and Diddy airborne stil has Fair, which is a broken move.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
We just started on the discussion. Gotta give it some time so other people can post their opinions. Most match-up discussions run for about a week or so, until we're certain we have all the facts and info straight.
I know that, I was just wondering what people thought at first before we discussed.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, San just posted some ike vs falcon info on the falcon xat.

interesting.

He tells us to Di out of jab, an counterattack after.
we must aproach fast too keep ike on his toes.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
dude cool it

we do discuss it
but you ruin the flow with your whining

so stop whining

so we can continue the **** discussion!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
use his nanerz against him, do amazing naner comboz, and space like a mutha****aaaa.

DASH ATTACK AS WELL THAT MOVE IS LEGIT!!!

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I know one thing,

Diddys dash attack is *****

IASI frames at the end are often used.
I think aerial approaches are the best here, just because of the fact that you do need to space, and while you are in the air you have a better grip on spacing throughout the entire move.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Went out drinking for my cousin's birthday this weekend. So just calm down, I'll have the thing updated soon. It might take me some time to beef out the posts so they give everyone as much information as possible, but I still get everything done eventually.

I'll probably be taking it easy tonight with some Smirnoff, so I'll down it while working on the conclusions I'm missing.

What are we missing?

Diddy {discussion unfinished}
Dedede {discussion finished(?)/ conclusion unwritten}
Falco {discussion finished(?)/ conclusion unwritten}
Ike {discussion finished/ conclusion 50% finished}

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falcon doesn't really strike me as having noteable trouble dealing with Bananas due to his mobility and fairly fluid air game, I think he has more trouble just dealing with the rest of Diddy's retardedly stupid attacks. And then getting gimped because his recovery sucks.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
No higher than 35:65 in this MU.
I'm leaning toward 30:70.

Diddy has us outranked in just about every aspect. Our speed doesn't really make up for most of it either since he controls the ground so well. Banana shenanigans can be used against him, but it's best to keep hold of a banana and stay in the air most of the time to bait him into a position to be punished via Z-Drop -> Aerial.

Oddly, Final Destination makes me feel much safer against Diddy than Battlefield. The platforms screw up my Z-Drop playstyle {judging that they even try to use many bananas on Battlefield} and Diddy's aerials can do more harm than our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom