• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Normally, I wouldn't. But Diddy is a ***** just about everywhere.
If you slip up on Final Destination, you aren't guaranteed to die as quickly.

Smashville would probably be my neutral against a Diddy though.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i would pick yoshis, high ceiling and diddy can't kill off the top + it's easy to DI his fsmash up

and ban FD

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Why are there only like 5 matchups done?
The other two match-up guides didn't make any progress, aside from the Meta Knight and Pikachu match-ups. We just started this one around the beginning of this year and we've been trying to discuss the characters one at a time, thoroughly.

++ I'm pretty lazy, so I'm behind on two-three character write-ups.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I assume everyone has posted about what they know about Diddy. We should probably agree on a ratio and move on, not much more to do here.

I say either 65-35 or 70-30

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm doing this again. Don't expect me to regularly be useful though. I'm mostly doing this so hopefully Darky will write match-up disruptions, or whatever you wanna call them.

Bananas
-----------------

you
----

All you need to know about the bananas is:

A) Keep one on you at all times to eliminate his banana locking.
B) Use it with Z-Drop -> Aerials to combo and regrab the banana.
so appreciate every bannana you get. use it the best way possible
If you have a banana don't be all "HYEZ" and just randomly throw it, cause if you do that, chances are he'll get it back and then **** you. So z drop it into an aerial (the knee has a use here!). You'll get the banana back, and he'll likely feel a lot more pain.

Him
-----

You should worry if he has two bananas out, and close to each other. Then he can get you into a banana lock, which is not fun. Try to always have one banana in your control. Not much to say here.

In the air
------------------

Diddy's fair> Helmet>Fhanfhus Loop>You

fax
Diddy might be worse in the air then on the ground, but don't take him lightly in the air either. His fair comes out quick, and is fairly powerful. His bair isn't bad, or his nair. Basically if you're going to be in the air with Diddy, you'll want to be above him, because his dair is very slow, and won't help him at all. He's very susceptible to uair spam. That's why if you ever get the chance, use raptor boost to get him into a position for uair spam.

in general
-------------------

:diddy: 35-65 - Video (Ally 4:21 - 9:56)

• Utilize:
  1. Jab>grab, FH nair>grab, utilt, dtilt
  2. Uair, nair, and bair
  3. Dash attack (grab bananas)
  • Other tips:
  1. Know how to handle your banana
  2. Zdrop any bananas you catch or keep ahold of them for combos
  3. Try to keep Diddy airborne

1. Use a lot of dash attack to pick up bananas. Also, if you see an opening, use raptor boost, you prefer Diddy more in the air then on the ground.

stages
    ----------------
  • CP:
  1. RC
  2. BF
  3. YI
  4. Brinstar
  • Ban:
  1. FD

That's what I got.
YI and BF are good because the platforms kind of disrupt him getting bananas out. If they land on a platform, it will take Diddy longer to get to them. It will also put him above you, which is exactly what you want.
Brinstar is good because there's no banana locking, and Diddy can't really control the stage as well. Also he'll be above you more.
FD has no disruptions to his bananas, a long stretch for banana locking, and no reason for diddy to go in the air. Stay away from here.
Not sure what I think of RC.

in conclusion
----------------------

This match up is winnable. Make sure he doesn't have two bananas out, keep him as busy as possible so he can't get more bananas out, keep him in the air, use lot's of dash attack, and z drop bananas to aerials.
Now get off your fat *** and clean this up, Darky.
EDIT: I say 30:70, Diddy's favor.
EDIT2: And I randomly say we discuss shiek next.
EDIT3: What do you guys think?
EDIT4: I'll clean this up a little later. And actually write stuff in the air section.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
How does he gimp you easier on Rainbow than on the other stages?

Go on Rainbow and uair the crap out of him.

And Darky's picture is win, although Regulus is cooler.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
That stuff that works on the other stages aswell?

And if the Diddy dares to use his up b, then it can actually be a free falcon pawnch(on the vertical movement part)

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Meh, whatever, I'll see what other people say and maybe change it.
EDIT: I'm gonna add a little to the post soon.
EDIT2: I made it a little better. Are we going to discuss another character or not?

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think falcon goes 65-35 with diddy.

I agree to 60-40.
We handle Naners really well. our Aerial mobility helps here.
He can't kill you ti'll 160%. :laugh:

However our glide toss is crap. our defenses against naners are kinda crappy. An our trip animation is laughably bad. An he can gimp you rather easily with Dair.

60-40

Player-3

Smash Hero
buck lol

you're dumb if you think falcon goes 40-60 with diddy

how do we go 40-60 with someone who can punish EVERYTHING we have on shield

how do we go 40-60 with someone who has a fair that beats out every single one of our moves in pure range

and when you say falcon has banana control you're wrong, falcon has banana COMBOS, but he can't control any part of the stage at all with bananas

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Dont attack his shield?lol, or grab? Yeah the Banana OOS is annoying as ****. but this applys to every character diddys facing.
Falcon has decent banana control.

His speed an air mobility help him follow up from a banana, without the need of his crappy glide toss.'

Fair? uair or bair. i've beaten Diddys fair with this move. >_>

The problem is that he easily gimps us, has a better banana defense game. an has his stupid glide toss(as a normal move an as an oos).

Also, Bowser can punish everything we do on his shield with upb. Is the matchup 65-35 now? i don't think so. >.>

Player-3

Smash Hero
but does bowsers oos options lead into a 15% guarenteed damage or a guarenteed kill move?

trust me it's worse than 60-40 play a good diddy off of wifi

they control the whole stage with bananas and just rack up the damage so that 150% comes pretty **** fast

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Thats why i said 60-40.

His banana offense an defense is amazing. Glide toss is annoying, an he gimps us with Dair.

However, he has trouble trouble killing falcon (I've survived against Arban's diddy till 230%, seriously. >_>)
We gimp him as well as he gimps us. We have good banana setups/combos on him.

Avoid: FD, PS1(Rock wall infinite akneeone?)
CP:YI, BF

Player-3

Smash Hero
lol arban

lol wifi

lol your whole opinion on this matchup is void when you said "he gimps us with dair"

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Smart Falcons don't get gimped that easily (dair really?)

As for Falcon using bananers well, thats great but only one problem: Falcon can't make bananas
A smart diddy would bust out the bananers when they have some distance from Falcon
If you try to get a banana, diddy would just punish you

Diddys don't take out bananas when you're right next to them >.>

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Yeah dair would never work. And Diddy is the one in the control of the bananas, as slader said. So this match up is 70-30 or 65-35. Either one, I don't care.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
60-40 ,65-35 is almost the same thing, so instead of having issues with the percentage we should find a way to punish diddy. About the nanas, diddy has more control but in a small stage falcon can get to the nanas first. A good stage i find is easier fighting diddy is frigate, because every time he took a banana he got punished. Either by grabbing the nana or attacking diddy when he can't shield

Player-3

Smash Hero
maybe later today but he's taking the SAT atm

lolz

i can tell you right now it's a realllyyy stoooopid matchup

but i might be able to convince him into recording some

A user name

Smash Journeyman
60-40 ,65-35 is almost the same thing, so instead of having issues with the percentage we should find a way to punish diddy. About the nanas, diddy has more control but in a small stage falcon can get to the nanas first. A good stage i find is easier fighting diddy is frigate, because every time he took a banana he got punished. Either by grabbing the nana or attacking diddy when he can't shield
Good point.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
I find the matchup fun actually. Arban ***** me with Diddy. i sometimes beat him surprisingly(I beat him in the ladder, All the stocks were lost due to the fact that i edgehogged him, but then he came with a stupid dispute an i lost the set)

I could guess 65-35 on FD or something.

60-40 on any decent CP

A user name

Smash Journeyman
This match up is fun. But then again any match up with Falcon is.
I'm fine with 65-35, but 60-40 seems too extreme.
Where are you Darky? Is my post good enough? You don't do enough around here...

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
35:65 is more around what I'm leaning toward.

40:60, no. At a professional level, Diddy still has us outmatched. Aside from speed, he outranks and demolishes us in just about every aspect. Just because you don't see average Diddy players using them, he has handfuls of potential and tricks that we can barely lay a finger on him for. The ONLY reason we'd do good against Diddy is if they decide to try and banana lock the entire match just because they know how to.

Falcon can get around that rather easily.

Aerials? Diddy outspaces us.
Grounded? Diddy has more options and control.
Stages with no platforms? Banana spamming to limit movement.
Stages with platforms? Diddy has close to as many tricks as us, plus more range; he just lacks immediate follow-up options that Falcon can perform via speed.

Even though we have reverse-**** banana tricks, Diddy still has an arsenal of banana combos (aside from glide tossing with them) to keep himself in the lead. That aside, a good Diddy wouldn't recklessly leave his bananas around for Falcon to take advantage of. Rarely can we even put these tricks to valuing use, compared to how easily Diddy can use his.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
35:65 is more around what I'm leaning toward.

40:60, no. At a professional level, Diddy still has us outmatched. Aside from speed, he outranks and demolishes us in just about every aspect. Just because you don't see average Diddy players using them, he has handfuls of potential and tricks that we can barely lay a finger on him for. The ONLY reason we'd do good against Diddy is if they decide to try and banana lock the entire match just because they know how to.

Falcon can get around that rather easily.

Aerials? Diddy outspaces us.
With bananas and Fair, only. We have Uair, our greatest asset, in nearly any MU, and against Diddy, we can juggle him well. Utilt>Diddy's aerials, even his SideB.
Grounded? Diddy has more options and control.
I agree.
Stages with no platforms? Banana spamming to limit movement.
I agree. We completely lose here, you have to be a very SH-ish Falcon to get around. Grab one banana and throw it away from him, not off the stage, so that he can't pull a fresh one, until it goes away, limiting his power to one banana.
Stages with platforms? Diddy has close to as many tricks as us, plus more range; he just lacks immediate follow-up options that Falcon can perform via speed.
On stages like Battlefield, which is probably the basis for this compare/contrast, Falcon has much more powerful platform traps, especially since they can lead into a knee, killing Diddy around 80%-90%.
35:65 is the worst it could be. 40:60 is the best.

This is Sacred, btw. Just a name change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom