• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I really rely too much on edgeguarding falcons, but this guy if you notice, he always got the sweet spot and i couldn't ever Fsmash him or Dtilt him, that didn't happen against one cool xD
I dont really think you can rely to much on edgeguarding vs falcon as marth
falcon has the advantage pretty much everywhere else in this matchup, abuse the advantage(s) you have :p
If you watch really good marths against really good falcons, most of marth's kills are gonna be from edgeguards
Neutral b usually works against sweetspotters btw.
(yhea i know im not cactuar)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
because of the way falcon has to fall before he can grab the edge he can't sweetspot...so you're just timing the fsmash or dtilt poorly...usually anyway you can see where falcon is going to go once he up b's so its always safe to just edgehog and then see where he's going after hes falling

i'm not cactuar by any means but training marth is just a combination of perfecting shffl's (all shffl's are not created equal) and learning to mix up shff'd aerials into different attacks (i personally like utilt, ftilt, grab or more shffl's)...also learning to utilize platforms using utilts, fsmash, fair, uair helps keep combos going...i dunno thats just what i do to practice..oh and sh fair to uair is useful i like it

Scar

#HarveyDent
Overall, you really need to work on your awareness of how far a character will be hit at certain percents from whatever attacks, as well as how to follow it up optimally.
This is awesome advice for everyone regardless of what character you're using, and it sounds intimidating but awareness = experience. It would be foolish to try to study how the characters react to different hits, you just need to keep hitting them and pay attention. With time you'll actually start to see the game differently.

p.s. I can sweetspot vs Marth dtilt and fsmash.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
p.s. I can sweetspot vs Marth dtilt and fsmash.
Is it actually possible to sweetspot through a timed Marth D-tilt or F-smash as Falcon? Or are you just being unpredictable/tricky coming back?

I actually would like to know this/am being serious. Sorry if I sound noob lol >__>

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i always thought it was possible for falcon to sweet spot it, because when i play good falcons or when mango goes falcon or something, they can pretty reliably sweet spot it. but i'd love to know if i'm doing it wrong, as it'd be a whole lot easier to just fsmash

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
...Scar and Mang0 are too good...0_O

practicing dd grabs anyone?!?!?!

err by dd grabs i mean grab dd grab...

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
...Scar and Mang0 are too good...0_O

practicing dd grabs anyone?!?!?!

err by dd grabs i mean grab dd grab...
Only thing that makes sense with what your saying is possibly CG a fox where you have to grab, then pivot grab to avoid getting shined if they DI straight up.

And for normal dash dance grabbing, I don't see what's hard about it unless your trying to tech chase someone. Which the only way to practice would be to grab and throw your opponent and repeatedly try to tech chase grab him to get better at it.

Also interested in the actual Cpt. Falcon sweetspot theory. I thought Falcon/Ganon sweetspots were shown to be impossible in AR. So it's interesting if you figured out a way to make that incorrect.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
What do you recommend for edge guarding in a ditto?

How do you edge guard at Yoshis Story? I find that i just keep relying on those auto tippers....it works and all, but I find it is hard to actually EDGE GUARD because the way of the edge of the stage tilts downward and its hard to Fsmash near the ledge and hit someone.

When chain throwing Fox and Falco should i be JCing my grab....or no?

When should I be using my F tilt? I find that my u tilt and d tilt work better

edge guard against Fox and Falco illusion-d tilt or jab?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
AHHH my favorite edgeguard in a ditto is to run off and fair...hit with the middle of the blade ftw...that or dtilt..or fsmash...its pretty situational...i like ldbair...i dunno...all those work depending on where your opponent is trying to go

you can jc cancel your grab...it doesnt really matter...unless ur grab dd grab then yes you HAVE to...

i use ftilt instead of fsmash situations (low %) so there isnt as much lag

Scar

#HarveyDent
Is it actually possible to sweetspot through a timed Marth D-tilt or F-smash as Falcon? Or are you just being unpredictable/tricky coming back?
You don't sound like a n00b, I have caught many a Marth by surprise simply by knowing how to do this. A well-timed CF reverse upB sweetspots vs marth's dtilt and fsmash. Either that or no one knows the timing yet and I have yet to be hit, or my CF > AR CF.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
You don't sound like a n00b, I have caught many a Marth by surprise simply by knowing how to do this. A well-timed CF reverse upB sweetspots vs marth's dtilt and fsmash. Either that or no one knows the timing yet and I have yet to be hit, or my CF > AR CF.
That's interesting. It's sounds very possible too as if you reverse it your hitbox is much further away (since it's slightly above and in front of Falcon) than normal. I don't think they have tested it vs reverse upB Falcons.

Oh, and if you learn to perfect the auto-sweetspot move with Falcon on Battlefield (run off reverse upB auto sweet-spot) and be able to do it quickly. That would be pretty awesome. Judging by how it's done though, I think the safest way to pull it off quickly would be to do the dash attack hold back to fall off the edge. But hey, it looks cool.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure it's impossible because of the way Falcon's foot travels over his head during his up-B. I think we should test this next time I see you, though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Even if it's Marth messing up that sounds like a really, really good trick.

I guess I'll just have to pay attention to whether or not he's reversed then.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Those mother****ers could never do it like I can do it, don't even try it you'll look stupid. Do NOT pursue it.

I have no idea what this autosweetspot battlefield garbage is though, sounds like some Brawl ****.

Aesir

Smash Master
i always thought it was possible for falcon to sweet spot it, because when i play good falcons or when mango goes falcon or something, they can pretty reliably sweet spot it. but i'd love to know if i'm doing it wrong, as it'd be a whole lot easier to just fsmash
Falcon can't sweet spot marths f-smash.

I'm like 90% sure, it's just timing it right.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
hey, do you know how to be good with marth in brawl???
Sword dance alot (overB lots) then when they don't expect it...

SHIELDBREAKER!

Edit: Actual question for Cactuar.

If you ledgehop with a nair and someone is right next to the edge shielding it. Do you still fastfall l-cancel it to dash behind them? Or do you just try to get as far forward as possible and let the move autocancel.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I wouldn't ledgehop a nair into someone's shield. I would just waveland onto the stage past them with invince frames.

IrArby

Smash Ace
The point hes making is if you search Cactuar Marth Brawl on Youtube you will be highly dissapointed. You should check that kinda stuff out before asking silly questions.

Scar

#HarveyDent
That battlefield sweetspot thing is awesome but looks totally useless so I'll just make pretend I never saw it in the first place.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Questions for Cactus: How do you waveshield? Do you use both L and R or just one? How do I shot web? Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

Much thanks in advance.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
Yeah, I kinda hate brawl.
really? can you tell me why? please do, because if your opinion is that significantly correct, then I might think about switching back to melee. haha wow, imagine that, huh? Someone who's loved brawl and really had a relationship with it being turned back to an older version of it, I doubt that will happen, but please elaborate.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Back to Melee? Honestly, I'm kinda drunk right now but, anyone who played Melee at or any where near its full potential woudn't have much thought about going back to it since they never would've left in the first place. EmIright? EmIright . . . ? Melee kicks *** since good people do good no matter who they play and whatever character they use. Mellee 4 liffe *****es.

Edit: I had to read this over likc five times to make sure it actually made since. Melee4life BeerPong4 College!

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
really? can you tell me why? please do, because if your opinion is that significantly correct, then I might think about switching back to melee. haha wow, imagine that, huh? Someone who's loved brawl and really had a relationship with it being turned back to an older version of it, I doubt that will happen, but please elaborate.
It's because the importance ration of Push and Pull to Punishment is screwed up. Or something like that.

IrArby

Smash Ace
The Falcon sweetspot discussion was brought up a few months back in a different forum (can't remember which) but I know Witchking of Angmar had quotes from a lot of people saying he couldn't and someone (can't remember who) rebuffed Witchking saying otherwise. Perhaps he'll remember who said it but I'm 98% sure Falcon can sweetspot.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It's because he can't Cactus Dash (wavedash back to immediate dash forward, causing you go into the dash animation without actually moving foward. Just like a cactus!).

CACTUS DASH FOR LYFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I don't think falcon can sweetspot in the "normal" way b/c he has to fall before he can grab the edge. But the reverse up-b thing brings him far enough from the stage while still letting him grab onto the edge to act as a sweespot

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
The Falcon sweetspot discussion was brought up a few months back in a different forum (can't remember which) but I know Witchking of Angmar had quotes from a lot of people saying he couldn't and someone (can't remember who) rebuffed Witchking saying otherwise. Perhaps he'll remember who said it but I'm 98% sure Falcon can sweetspot.
It was about edgeguarding Falcon. I told someone that it was better to just fsmash/dtilt and not go offstage because I thought he couldn't sweetspot, and Mew2King totally tore me up about it. >_> So according to Mew2King and Scar, he can sweetspot, and according to everyone else, he can't.

IrArby

Smash Ace
It was about edgeguarding Falcon. I told someone that it was better to just fsmash/dtilt and not go offstage because I thought he couldn't sweetspot, and Mew2King totally tore me up about it. >_> So according to Mew2King and Scar, he can sweetspot, and according to everyone else, he can't.
What he said. Your memory is apparently much better than mine.

Top Bottom