• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'm always really amused when other people answer questions in the "Ask CACTUAR" thread.

(Btw, single fairs should almost always be done while coming down from the peak of your jump.)
lol
well ok then, do you consider falcon a marth counter? why/why not? what should falcon try to abuse in this matchup and what should he watch out for? what should marth try to abuse? etc

Do you think it's worth learning him just to use him as a counter against marths since my fox keeps getting ***** by marths or should i just improve on my fox? (btw i am pretty good with falcon already cuz ive been using him so much in friendlies, but he's not as good as my fox at all)
(i wont play sheik btw, since she doesnt really counter marth as hard in pal like i explained in my last post... also, my sheik sucks)
what mindgame by C
I haven't read the posts that lead up to this one, but maybe you're talking about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK7DVfDcZY0&fmt=18
(That guy calls himself "C" now btw)
Most epic mindgame ever at the end lmao.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Marth vs Falcon really just comes down to stage size and how willing the Falcon is to DD camp for grabs. Smaller stages are obviously worse for Falcon as he will always be closer to being off the stage, where he is almost always going to lose a stock vs a good Marth. If the Falcon can land the grabs, Marth shouldn't be a problem at all. Falcon has throw autocombos well into kill percents on Marth. Marth players in this matchup also have to be adept at getting grabs and being able to get the Falcon up to a low mid percent before really being able to combo them. All combos by the Marth player should be done with getting the Falcon off stage, as Marth's edgeguard game vs Falcon is incredibly easy and stupid.

To be completely honest, I don't really think learning a character just for Marth is worth it unless it's Sheik. Sheik counters Marth for a lot more reasons than just the downthrow. Fox vs Marth is not quite as balanced in PAL as it is in NTSC due to that reduction in upb distance, essentially making Fox's recovery about as viable vs Marth as Falcon's.

Btw, Lol_master was referring to me. :laugh:

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
lol :p, well c/sparken's mindgame in that vid is epic **** anyway (its in the end). hilarious. best part is that it ended a (big) crew battle.

Anyway, great advice. :)
BTW, sheiks downthrow wasn't the only thing that was nerfed, so was her up-air. Which makes it much harder or impossible for sheiks to kill vertically (off course there's the usmash, but it's not as easy to set up for or combo into).
But maybe I should pick her up anyway, I mean she still has a strong advantage in that matchup. And she cant really be gimped by marth in the same way that fox and falcon can (which is my biggest problem about the matchup anyway, so picking up falcon won't help here. lol)

Also marth falls from the shine in PAL so you can't shine combo him properly, making the fox-marth matchup even less favorable for fox here :(

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Teach me the secret to becoming pro with Marth. WTF is holding me back. And honestly is Cactuar a Marth or Fox main? And play me in more Marth dittoes so I can **** other marths at the matchup

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Teach me the secret to becoming pro with Marth. WTF is holding me back. And honestly is Cactuar a Marth or Fox main? And play me in more Marth dittoes so I can **** other marths at the matchup
Hold it!

Don't let vyse's criticism get to you. I saw those movies too. All you need to do is just play more and refine your technique. Nothing to it.

Alukard

Smash Hero
cactuar will u teach me how to move gracefully like a swan wiht marth like u ??

also did u touch me while i was asleep when we stayed at reno's lmfaoooo

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Lol, cactuar said combos.

I have a vs marth question for ya. Really basic but I honestly can't remember... which way do you DI his fsmash? >_>

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Haha. I dunno, you're style is really different from mine. I main both characters though...

Yeah, I'll play all you want, just pull me aside sometime at a tournament. I'm usually a lot more helpful than like... M2K... :laugh:

Hold it!

Don't let vyse's criticism get to you. I saw those movies too. All you need to do is just play more and refine your technique. Nothing to it.
Advice and helpful pointers are never a bad thing. HBK isn't as strong in that matchup as I am, so it's not really him letting criticism get to him, he's just looking for tips.

cactuar will u teach me how to move gracefully like a swan wiht marth like u ??

also did u touch me while i was asleep when we stayed at reno's lmfaoooo
I mean, no one will ever be able to move the way I do. My fluidity is like #1. Too bad my combo game blows.

Lol, cactuar said combos.

I have a vs marth question for ya. Really basic but I honestly can't remember... which way do you DI his fsmash? >_>
To the corner of the stage... I usually SDI up and then reDI up+towards. At really high percents I SDI in and then reDI up+towards.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Hold it!

Lol trust me im not letting it get to me. Id jus rahter have someone tell me what im doing wrong vs jus telling me i suck. lol And cactuar just ***** me in marth dittoes worse than m2k, or at least the last set we played he did. so i wanna get better at the matcup, or maybe i should jus play it more often

Lol alukard, move like a swan. its so tru

mad late edit- teach me starcraft lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
sheesh cactuar ... at least teach me to have a ****ty version ^_-...

also u didn't answer question #2 son ... GUILT????!!!!!

LOLOL

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Cactus - Why are you so good that you can stand and not move your character at all. AND get people TERRIFIED of you?

WHATS YOUR SECRET!!?!?!?!?!?!

Btw your amazing ;)

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
sheesh cactuar ... at least teach me to have a ****ty version ^_-...

also u didn't answer question #2 son ... GUILT????!!!!!

LOLOL
I mean, I can make your movement as good as like... Jmans... or Eggms....

Cactus - Why are you so good that you can stand and not move your character at all. AND get people TERRIFIED of you?

WHATS YOUR SECRET!!?!?!?!?!?!

Btw your amazing ;)
I have star power. People get real nervous when they play me because I'm well known. Secretly, I'm not that good.

But yes, I am amazing.

i did hahahaha's, brilliance
I mean, you are the LOL_Master...

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have star power. People get real nervous when they play me because I'm well known. Secretly, I'm not that good.

But yes, I am amazing.
LOOOL

Amazing :laugh:

I want the power to stand there and just win :laugh::laugh:.

<3 Cactus when am I gonna see you :( I miss Cactus and playing you in melee.

**** my sheik plz :lick:

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Such a humble man. Sexy too.

We gotta do something this weekend. Last weekend was stupid and boring. Also, why do you moonwalk so much? Other than the obvious "lol no one knows where I'm going then BAM fsmash".

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I pride myself on using every single movement trick fluidly to the extent that people have no idea what I'm doing and can't copy my stuff. :laugh:

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Well... I am like... officially awesome...

Plus my word is pretty much the law when it comes to smash...

But most of my friends just call me cactus.

How's SoCal been treating you?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Nair usually... don't catch things with Marth, his throw sucks. Stay close to the peach and bait them into doing stuff. If they jump/float, hit them, if they run at you, run backwards.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Cactuar what do you thin of side b as a (situational) approach ?

Actually what do you think of side b to grab in general ? I tried to use that against some falcons and it worked pretty good, i also managed to get some side b to reverse up b kills lol it pribably just worked cuz it was so random but yeah whatever

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Random works occasionally but improving standard play is far more important than tricks.

I personally am not a fan of forward b in situations other than recovery and for extending certain combo sequences, but it does have it's uses and I acknowledge that. The first hit of forward b is very good for interrupting players, has good range, and comes out pretty quickly. Players generally get messed up by this move because they are not expecting it and do not respond properly out of the hit stun, allowing you to get free grabs or other moves in. Using the first two standard hits is actually really good against fast fallers because they tend to miss the tech out of the second, giving you a free fsmash when they land.

Do not use this move as an aerial approach on players. Dash dance to properly spaced forward b does work, but like I said, it's not really a move I choose to use.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Random works occasionally but improving standard play is far more important than tricks.

I personally am not a fan of forward b in situations other than recovery and for extending certain combo sequences, but it does have it's uses and I acknowledge that. The first hit of forward b is very good for interrupting players, has good range, and comes out pretty quickly. Players generally get messed up by this move because they are not expecting it and do not respond properly out of the hit stun, allowing you to get free grabs or other moves in. Using the first two standard hits is actually really good against fast fallers because they tend to miss the tech out of the second, giving you a free fsmash when they land.

Do not use this move as an aerial approach on players. Dash dance to properly spaced forward b does work, but like I said, it's not really a move I choose to use.
Thank you!

Yeah DD and spaced side b is what i sometimes use, i never use the 2nd hit or any other hits, only the first one. I'll try out the 2nd hit against FF, thank you!

Also what are the best approaches in your oppinion ?

Top Bottom