• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cataclysm V - CT - Might happen some day.. maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I would go and tell others to go but you allow DDD infinites.......so yea no thanks.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Dedede infinites really should be off, they turn disadvantageous matchups into stupid 100-0 pieces of ****.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
OH MY GOD IS DAT SUM CATACLYSM

I'm so here and so hyped.
EDIT: please make the decision between Rainbow and Corneria. As a low-mobility character main, I really can't CP both and it's BS that no matter my choice I leave my opponent with the option to camp me and have low ceilings.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
ohh hoooo. this tournament is going to 3 stock the world. my shrek is already starting to get redangerous :D

i havent touched brawl since august.. what's DDD infinite??? someone englighten me pleaes..

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm picks custom neutral stages? No thanks
I'm the 11th vote; I'd only be picking the stage directly if there was a direct tie. I'm going to have 10 judges for the stages. I'm letting SBR members nominate themselves first before I contact non-SBR members to fill the rest of the 10 spots. I'm also going to be hosting a side tournament with good players to test the stages once they've been narrowed down and will have videos and data for the stages posted publicly before the tournament; my goal is to give people plenty of time to practice the stages.

Prawn

Smash Master
this custom stage **** is legit pissing me off.

i understand if OS/whoever else wants to run some tournaments using them, but seriously at an event this large it is NOT the time to be introducing it to our region :/

i will be optin to using the standard stage list for all of my sets(especially for neutral/stage striking), as long as the other person obliges.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Complain more don't come whatever still gonna be a ballin national.

I don't understand the community sometimes.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Isn't this fairly far away? There will be plenty of time for the Mages to find out if the stages are worth it or not and everyone will have time to test the stages.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
OH MY GOD IS DAT SUM CATACLYSM

I'm so here and so hyped.
EDIT: please make the decision between Rainbow and Corneria. As a low-mobility character main, I really can't CP both and it's BS that no matter my choice I leave my opponent with the option to camp me and have low ceilings.
Win on the neutral then, I stand by both.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Isn't this fairly far away? There will be plenty of time for the Mages to find out if the stages are worth it or not and everyone will have time to test the stages.
and create their own! Just waiting on mod support to get the thread up and sitckied :)

Prawn

Smash Master
KevinM layin down the law lol

yeah I'll be here anyways wevz.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
LOL drama already.

I'll be here for this, and I'd like to volunteer to help TO (looking at you, Kevin). I barely compete now, but I wanna help things run smoothly.

@MAF: I don't think having 1 extra stage throws anything off. Seems legit to me.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys, I don't currently have internet access so I can't address these concerns right now, but I'll get the chance to tomorrow night sometime i hope.

But in regards to custom stages, it's not just me picking some random custom and stages and saying "hey guys go have fun!". It's going to be a legit competition and there will be loads of testing done for each of them. If you don't want to use them then don't I really could care less. But it's a part of the game that has hardly been explored and getting a good amount of high level testing is necessary.

Other rule disputes just remember that nothing is set in stone right now this is just how things are TODAY. It's not until october so don't flip out quite yet if you see something you don't like. Post once about it and I'll take it into consideration.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
OP updated with Custom Stage threads.

Also, anyone with things they want addressed grab me on AIM or post it here before tomorrow afternoon and I'll address it right away. Having no internet is soo annoying :/

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
LOL drama already.

I'll be here for this, and I'd like to volunteer to help TO (looking at you, Kevin). I barely compete now, but I wanna help things run smoothly.

@MAF: I don't think having 1 extra stage throws anything off. Seems legit to me.
Thanks going to need pool managers I'm going to make sure Melee runs super smooth.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
VENUE CONFIRMED
12,000 SQUARE FEET

Built in PA system!

The gym is connected to a massive entertainment venue, with an arcade, bar, concession stand, laser tag, mini golf, bowling, rock climbing, bumper cars, tea cups LOL.. EVERYTHING!

CONVENIENCE AT ITS BEST

The venue is no more than 15 minutes from Bradley International Airport(BDI) !!

Right off I-91 for those of you travelling by land!

Get hyped up for this!

http://www.nomadsadventurequest.com/ (venue)

did i mention theres a bar? LOL

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
VENUE CONFIRMED
12,000 SQUARE FEET

Built in PA system!

The gym is connected to a massive entertainment venue, with an arcade, bar, concession stand, laser tag, mini golf, bowling, rock climbing, bumper cars, tea cups LOL.. EVERYTHING!

CONVENIENCE AT ITS BEST

The venue is no more than 15 minutes from Bradley International Airport(BDI) !!

Right off I-91 for those of you travelling by land!

Get hyped up for this!

http://www.nomadsadventurequest.com/ (venue)

did i mention theres a bar? LOL
.....................................................:)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Omg Nomads is sooooo much fun. I ****ing love that place. They have a comedy Tuesday night and it's amazing. I'll see if I can house people. Jake, come up with a date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom