• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CCV- Stuff has been shown!

Organization

• By Player

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • By vs. Character

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • By Region

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • By Color of Kong

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • By Song

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Random

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
It's time to show off our skills, fellow Kongs. There's a lot to be doing, so let's get started. I'll update this thread as we go along, and add suggestions to the list. I'll start with a few suggestions of my own.

Things to decide
  • Level of Editing
    I personally think editing should be kept to a minimal, just enough to keep it smooth and interesting.
  • Aspect Ratio
    I prefer 4:3. If most of you want 16:9, that'll be fine too.
  • Tag Design
    For the names that will go in the upper left hand corner of the video. Uniform design, or individualized ones? I personally think they should be uniform, if only for ease.
  • Length
    I think we should make use of youtube's nice new 15 minute limit, and have it around 10-15 minutes. I don't think we should split up the combo video into seperate parts.

Submitting Clips
Any and all clips are welcome, as long as you are DK and you do something awesome! Combos are preferred, but anything flashy is good.

If possible, send me clips from a standard download site like megaupload, mediafire, etc. If you no longer have the replay but have the clip uploaded somewhere on youtube, you can post that as well. Either method, please tell me approximately what time it begins and ends. Clips should be recorded in a 4:3 ratio (unless decided otherwise).

If you have replays that you need recorded, send them to a recorder, or post it here for one to see:
-Scabe
-Volanic Doomfire
-Jebu-95
-More recorders are welcome!

As of now, I'll be editing the video, however if anyone feels they're more qualified and wants to do it, don't be afraid to say so.

If anyone has experience with Photoshop or similar programs, I would appreciate it if someone could make nice looking tags to put in the corner of the video, to show who's the player. I'd also like if someone could create an interesting title picture.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
We need to have lots of variety in this video, I cant stress that enough. I don't want half the video to be spikes. We need to have some ACTUAL combos that people may not have seen before. For example I have a clip of falling nair>d-tilt>down-b thats an actual combo on certain characters at certain percents. I'm really looking forward to this video and hope it turns out well :)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I agree with Neon here, minus the "actual" combos part. There will be room for extraordinary punches/spikes, but I want to put emphasis on the "combos". Not the guarenteed stuff, or near guarenteed stuff, but more like really good reads or really smart follow-ups. Example, I love seeing an opponent get f-smashed after they airdodge after a b-air chain at the ledge.

I guess our current discussion will be about clip organization. By Player is currently leading (lol 2 votes), but I don't see the appeal myself. I'd like to see all the different styles mixed. Can anyone tell me why By Player?

Depending on which organization we choose, I want to organize it on another level by like grouping spikes together, and other non-combos together. I was thinking to put all the 0-deaths together, but I think it would keep the video more interesting if we just sprinkled them around the video, maybe increase their frequency more towards the end.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
change my vote to random, it'd showcase everyone at different times so that way that can't skip a person they don't like

D0N

Smash Ace
I was thinking to put all the 0-deaths together, but I think it would keep the video more interesting if we just sprinkled them around the video, maybe increase their frequency more towards the end.
Variety is best imo. Just a little everything everywhere with names in the corner like in "do the mario". Besides, by player just promotes fanboyism and this is about a character not a player... like the guy above me says.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
I've got a few recorded combos myself. I could also record other peoples replays in quality like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwdVvJLF-E

Putting the clips in a random order seems like a better idea. Some people might have 10-12 combos while some only 1-3. Combos in a random order could cause more variance in the video :)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm definitely agreeing with Random right now. Or at least Semi-random. I know personally that I have 2 clips of the exact same 0-death on 2 different players that I'd like to put back to back, and I still think that spikes/gimps should be mostly grouped together.

I think what would work well is to have them random, but be able to put certain clips where they want. Like if you had two clips you really wanted together, sure. Or if you want your clips under certain songs, once we decide those.

Names in the corner yes. Do The Mario's names were huuuuge and covered the character percents lol. Let's put ours in the top left, and keep them a reasonable size.

Also, just because the main discussion is organization right now, feel free to suggest things for the other categories. All ideas are welcome.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I think random is best. There will be instances where we'll want to have certain clips together or at a certain time to fit a song or something, but otherwise a variety will keep it fresh and interesting. Spikes seem to be done a lot, so perhaps you could use those for the credits or something? Or at certain points throughout a song. Spikes as a follow up to a cool string would be different though.

I think having a variety is simple and effective.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
It might get a bit inconsistent with multiple recorders because we all got our different ways of recording to get different quality.

Doomfire has the whole screen filled up (I wish I could do) while I have black lines on the sides. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhDxCvx0QBA

I personally don't care about video differences but I'm just wondering what others think about this.

My vote is for 16:9 btw.

Oh yeah: Texture hacks or no texture hacks?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It might get a bit inconsistent with multiple recorders because we all got our different ways of recording to get different quality.

Doomfire has the whole screen filled up (I wish I could do) while I have black lines on the sides. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhDxCvx0QBA

I personally don't care about video differences but I'm just wondering what others think about this.

My vote is for 16:9 btw.

Oh yeah: Texture hacks or no texture hacks?

I'm in favor of 16:9 also.

as for texture hacks, I absolutely hate when they are character hacks. I do not mind when they are stage hacks though.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
I agree with Neon here, minus the "actual" combos part. There will be room for extraordinary punches/spikes, but I want to put emphasis on the "combos". Not the guarenteed stuff, or near guarenteed stuff, but more like really good reads or really smart follow-ups. Example, I love seeing an opponent get f-smashed after they airdodge after a b-air chain at the ledge.

I guess our current discussion will be about clip organization. By Player is currently leading (lol 2 votes), but I don't see the appeal myself. I'd like to see all the different styles mixed. Can anyone tell me why By Player?

Depending on which organization we choose, I want to organize it on another level by like grouping spikes together, and other non-combos together. I was thinking to put all the 0-deaths together, but I think it would keep the video more interesting if we just sprinkled them around the video, maybe increase their frequency more towards the end.
Thats more or less what I meant, we need to have some actual combos that peope havent seen while most of the vid is composed of great reads.

This video needs to show how underrated dk is. We need to show him dealing with characters that are considered his counters (DDD, Falco, MK, Olimar) For example we could have a clip of dk baiting a grab from ddd and punishing with a 0-death read. Same goes for mk's tornado and falco's lazers/sideb camping.

We could also have a small section showing amazing di, considering he has the ability to live longer than anyone in the cast with his up-b brake.

D0N

Smash Ace
I think im gonna try to hit a GFSC next tourney... unless someone already has a clip for that.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
I think im gonna try to hit a GFSC next tourney... unless someone already has a clip for that.
I really need to practice that AT, no one really knows how useful it is. I'm sure someone has a clip of that but it really wouldnt be that impressive unless it was against a really good opponent.

D0N

Smash Ace
I don't think its all that great, I just think it will look nice. I have a gimmicky idea that may work on someone decent, its just a matter of will I mess up the execution or not.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I actually have a 0-death on MK finishing with a 9 wind. Just have to find it, hard baits ftw. It was sooooooo sweet.

And yeah, i guess random would work. Just a mix of everything, would be cool.

and for fun i have like 3-5 clips of me punching through a 9 and a bucket from G&W.

daisho

Smash Lord
So pissed... I had some ridiculous **** at the smashfest/tournament that I went to last saturday but forgot to save it.... WHY DO I ALWAYS FORGET TO SAVE IT.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Forrest interlude is a good song, but I think it'd be kinda odd for a combo video, it's too relaxing lol. Unless we wanted to title it something sleep related, like "Knocked out cold" but I dunno. Maybe others disagree with me.

That's cool, CG. Clips like punching through 9's are fine but I don't know if I want to put 3 or 5 in, that's a little bit much. Maybe if we needed filler or something to roll through the credits.

I vote no texture hacks, but it sucks if we do that, so many of Will's matches are recorded in that ugly Hulk DK :c. Stage textures are fine for the most part, and I doubt we'll have any problems with that.

I think that 4:3 vs 16:9 is really something the recorders should discuss. I can work with either one and they both look fine to me, I just prefer 4:3 because it's more or less the standard. I think most people share my opinion, either is fine to look at. Something else you have to think about, probably all of the clips already recorded on youtube are 4:3. If we go 16:9, we'll pretty much have to take clips exclusively from replays recorded for this combo video. That's fine, but it'll be more work, and we might miss out on some nice clips. I do think that the entire video should be 1 ratio though. Black lines popping in and out would be silly.

Daisho, maybe you should get this texture: http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5903/picture37cx.jpg

I'll let discussion on organization go on a bit longer, I think we've agreed on Random though. A good amount of Color votes though lol. When we change discussion, you can still bring up stuff about old decisions if you think it's worth mentioning.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
I have alot of awesome replays I just have to find them!

All the other DK's post hype this up it should be awesome idk how the intro thing is going to be but this song is awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxXiuvTHNzo
I think we could use the beginning of that song for our intro, or we could use it in the credits.

One of the songs I've been eyeing for my CV is watercolour by pendulum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEPB7uzKuh4&ob=av2e
I know they're overused but this song is just too perfect and I havent seen any cv's with this song yet.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I liked that Watercolour song. We should go with some DK song though off the OC Remix album.

I nominate Bramble Reprise even though it probably wouldn't fit, I just like the song :cool:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wpij48BnI3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wpij48BnI3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sold2 makes a good point about 4:3 and I'm fine with recording in 4:3 I think, not sure if I've ever done that. I also think Textures off is good, because there's too many options and most of the options are butt ugleh.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I liked that Watercolour song. We should go with some DK song though off the OC Remix album.

I nominate Bramble Reprise even though it probably wouldn't fit, I just like the song :cool:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wpij48BnI3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wpij48BnI3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sold2 makes a good point about 4:3 and I'm fine with recording in 4:3 I think, not sure if I've ever done that. I also think Textures off is good, because there's too many options and most of the options are butt ugleh.

:cool:

10:cool:'s

Neon9837

Smash Cadet

That song is great (bramble reprise) and we should definitly use it. One other thing we havent discussed yet is the length of this video, I think it should be less than 10 min and at least 6 min, which means we need to pick at least one more song, I vote we use the forest interlude for our credits >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxXiuvTHNzo

Cable

Smash Lord
I just listened to that Watercolour song and I think it would be amazing in the combo video imo.

Will and ook better start posting you guys have to be in the CV also!!!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Are you guys crazy? http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5124/agroup.png
Xyless's DK Zoot Suit texture pack is definitely one of the best textures for any character ever. Das Donkey Agent is also super good.

I'll add the songs to OP and add my thoughts to them in a bit, I need to think of a better way to organize the music, there's going to be a lot, heh

I'm going to go ahead and say we agree on Random organization, if anyone objects, though, bring it up. Someone wanted their vote moved from Player to Random, so that makes it a pretty good number compared to the rest, although Color is pretty strong. But idk, I don't like the idea of segregating our kongs anymore.
Let's move on to a Name for this. Good to get that done early. I suggested "Cranky Could've Done it Better", based on just about anything Cranky ever said. I thought it was appropriate, lol.

Will and Ook really do need to get in here, it wouldn't be right without them.

Edit: oh gez, I look up again and now Color and Random are nearly tied, what is this.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
well, odds are that non DK mains are voting

Silfa

Smash Ace
If some videos are only recorded using textures, I think it will be fine to include them. I don't think it has to be an all or nothing sort of thing. Like, if there's a video of someone like Will doing something cool, but it has a texture that would be fine right?

The music Cable and Scabe posted is soo good. Although I don't think it would suit a combo video haha.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Those are edits of Das Donkey Agent lol, so I see them as basicly the same texture.
Yes those are amazing.
They failed on the white one.

It looks like he's wearing underwear over his slacks.

@Scabe:

PERFECT TITLE.

Why the hell do we even shield? Who the **** needs that?

Top Bottom