• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celebrity Rehab Mafia: Day 5 Begins! Deadline is Monday, May 28th at 11:59 PM EST!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
J can you tell me if that is lazy OS or scum OS?

Because I see lazy OS, still delving on the cop stuff since I think grabbing for thread power isn't a scum tell in itself since Swiss and co do that as town all the time.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I haven't seen OS going for thread power whatsoever this game so I don't get that point and I do see more scumOS>lazyOS especially when adding in his early game play with his post on "fallacies" instead of scum-hunting. The maximum he has done to "scum-hunt" are these very little kiddie jabs (example: His early push on Zen, his push on KevinM) He is looking surface value and not analyzing things really. I see no town intent really and just see him just trying to coast on by.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Btw, I'd almost be willing to bet Rajam investigated Orboknown last night. With an investigation and possibly a good doc protect; we may very well have a clear from the doc unless there could be a BP/BPindy in the game but *shrug* not delving into that till more evidence is there to suggest as such.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Oh on the contrary, I think those two points were fair worse than what anyone else did.

I understand I said nothing, I could say my calc exam or how I was preping for going to Vengence around then, even people in DGames can vouch I was there.

But I understand the skepticism.

Now as for Kantrip better, why? Because of how he X1 treated him, staged? Nah I know Kantrip staging that was our scum team game plan in FFT, he pulls his punches a few times in terms of emotion, don;t really see it here even more so how aggressive X1 was, doesn't fit it for me.

J I want to me my Best Friend Forever this game as town buddies. Can't see J scum from what he posted.

X1, working on it, I'm doing a full reread and cataloging interactions X1 did.
True that.

And yes I ask about Kantrip/J due to some of their connections to x1.

Btw I'm studying for a test in two days so I'll be sorta V/LA between now and then.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
[glow]Deadline set for 4/24 at 11:59 PM! With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch!

frozenflame751- (0)
KevinM- (0)
Rajam- (0)
Rockin- (0)
Dark Horse- (0)
Macman- (0)
marshy- (0)
Vinyl.- (3) Rockin, Red Ruy, Vanderzant
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (0)
th3kuzinator- (3) marshy, Kantrip, Macman
J- (0)
Red Ryu- (0)
Orboknown- (0)
Kantrip- (0)
Vanderzant- (0)
Overswarm- (3) frozenflame751, Dark Horse, J

Not Voting- (7) Overswarm, Orboknown, th3kuzinator, Pink Lemonade, Vinyl., Rajam, KevinM[/glow]

Orboknown

Smash Hero
so we have the OS vinyl and kantrip wagons. I'm not seeing OS scum yet, vinyl I can live with lynching but don't want to just right this second, rajam thinks I'm scummy for.. not posting? Sorry for activity rajam, If you copped me and came up with anything other than town you're results are skewed/messed with by scum.
Rajam, i see you viewing. out the results please?
don't see the kuz hate btw.

Rajam

Smash Champion
noone died... how sucky =/

good idea @bolded

there are scummier people like OS and Pink and Vinyl. itd be better if he got vigged or started actually committing in this game

darkhorse, why did you think OS's plan was good? You still haven't answered from the last dayphase.

also wtf vinyl..?

I propose we lynch all the dumb people so we can get on with the game

i dont get whats good with the kuz
mmm ok but given that we lynched scum D1 and there was no kill N1 (disappointed at vig not killing Orbo btw
), we could consider this as an extension of D1 like assuming X1 was day-vigged, plus the info of N1 without the kills. Now, what would you say about using toDay to lynch someone scummy and inactive, like Orbo?

Also why do you think Pink is scummy?

Forgot my reads for a sec.

Vote: Pink

Like macman, KevinM, OS goes down some notches on my reads.

That's what I got from the end of the day.
Same question too, why do think Pink is scummy?

Actually I'm fine with this wagon as well.

Vote: th3kuzinator

my case against kuz​

hes scum
Reasons against kuz? Concise points would be more appreciated than walls please thksbai

Rajam

Smash Champion
unvote
vote: Orboknown

Orbo, reasons for your scumpicks?

Also, I didn't like how OS asked me my reasons to claim later in the Day. I think it was an attempt to figure out if I got either a mafia or a not-mafia result, since the question itself was pretty pointless given that the reason to delay the claim should be either obvious or reasonable

FoS: Overswarm

Orboknown

Smash Hero
unvote
vote: Orboknown

Orbo, reasons for your scumpicks?

Also, I didn't like how OS asked me my reasons to claim later in the Day. I think it was an attempt to figure out if I got either a mafia or a not-mafia result, since the question itself was pretty pointless given that the reason to delay the claim should be either obvious or reasonable

FoS: Overswarm
reasons for voting me rajam?

Vinyl has been viewed as scummy by others for (inferno's?) actions. I'd have to look back on it to get the specifics but he hasn't done anything to redeem himself for the present so I'm fine with seeing him go. you aren't a scum pick(seriously, you are town unless there's a freaking indy cop, which i doubt.) unless you're just saying "results will come later" so you can take time to manufacture some results. in which case that's scummy. Kantrip I don't find scummy from what I remember, so there's that.

Marshy is probably town because of the way he handled X1, but he could have just lynched him for town points. I doubt that though.

I thought OS asking you for your reason on the delayed results was valid. I want to see reason for that.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin the reason why i didn't like some of your posts, more so at the PL stuff, was because it was such a standard answer, a front to look transparently townie.

Joey did more than that he offered an alternative while also acknowledging that i wanted a PL and showing his disapproval of it, a couple people went out of the box there.

Your answer and some others rubbed me the wrong way.

:phone:
It was half of D1 and barely anything interesting was happening nor did anyone did anything interesting to really give off a concrete read. At the time, half to most were null to me, so my answers was only just explaining what I did and didn't like of them. Like I said, I don't randomly call people obvious town or 'super scummy' like most others have.

Great example, they asked me about my thoughts with you. All I remember was you having this hatred for Zen and then you feeling bad (as well as maybe one or two helpful post). That was it. Done. Nothing else. From around that time and before, you barely did anything that I could really voice on (and what's worse, you kinda dropped off the face of the earth during the middle of D1).

Whether you like to believe it or not, it's going to look 'standard' cause of what happened at the time.

so we have the OS vinyl and kantrip wagons. I'm not seeing OS scum yet, vinyl I can live with lynching but don't want to just right this second, rajam thinks I'm scummy for.. not posting? Sorry for activity rajam, If you copped me and came up with anything other than town you're results are skewed/messed with by scum.
.....paranoid much?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
rajam, i think orbo is a fine lynch candidate but id rather he be vigged. There are so many people that need to die in this game.

pink is scummy to me because of our exchange at the end of the last day. He was asking the weirdest questions to me (why didn't I vote X1 right away, why didn't I give my opinion on X1[when i did], and more) and using nonsensical arguments to implicate me as scum.

Then he was *****ing at FF and me for defending me and marshy being on x1's wagon saying that we're trying to discredit the argument. Well obviously we'd wanna discredit a ******** argument that was laden with WIFOM in the first place. It's like it's ok for people to make random illogical accusations but its not ok for us to defend against those. That whole exchange just didn't feel townie at all it was weird. but fwiw it's not a strong scum read moreso dumb/scum

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
orbo, your posts have no solid content. Your only scum read is vinyl and that's backed on the fact that others view him as scummy.

What are your own reads? Don't piggy back behind others as a way to not commit yourself.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This is gross.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Will catch up with this tomorrow just got home from Fri.

After reading all of it I just don't have time to put a thoughtful post up

still think my lynch pool is

Vinyl
OS
I guess Kuz if marshy feels super adamant about it.

But he's being anti-bro by not giving me Vinyl today like he said he would after vinyl said he was suspicious of Rajam

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why is this game moving nowhere?

Kafk/Kuz wagon is a waste of time and votes IMO without some elucidation. I do t see it as a compelling wagon.

I'm sympathetic to the vinyl wagon but I really, REALLY prefer an OS lynch. Day 1 shadyness compounded by complete day 2 non presence convinces me he's the best wagon. People really need to start joining useful wagons though.

Rajam, are you waiting for more people to post before you share results or is there a timeframe we can expect?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Why is this game moving nowhere?

Kafk/Kuz wagon is a waste of time and votes IMO without some elucidation. I do t see it as a compelling wagon.

I'm sympathetic to the vinyl wagon but I really, REALLY prefer an OS lynch. Day 1 shadyness compounded by complete day 2 non presence convinces me he's the best wagon. People really need to start joining useful wagons though.

Rajam, are you waiting for more people to post before you share results or is there a timeframe we can expect?

Waiting for the responses of DH, Kantrip and marshy to the questions I made earlier, then I'll claim

ff, do you think OS is adapting on purpose to the overall inactivity of the game, or what do you think in general terms of his activity vs. content relation?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Still here, will read later. Haven't had time to go through game due to work.

Fine with my lynch today if that's what town wants. Don't have any other lynch off the top of my head that works.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS are you really ok with dying like this?
Self-preservation is irrelevant. At least 3 players think I am a viable target for night actions and/or a topic of discussion, and the only one whose interest in me I respect is macman. That leaves at least two others that won't change their mind about anything ever, and others who would be willing to lynch me if the wind moved that way. Hanging on and wasting the day attempting to circumvent my lynch would just waste time when we could instead pursue potential leads.

Ironically, my anti-self preservation style of play as town made macman feel I was trying to preserve myself which in of itself leans towards "scummy" inherently. It isn't scummy, but it fits nicely in that area. While Frozen Flame has said similar things, his "case" on me is nothing but air and piggy backing. I do not trust Frozen Flame, nor do I plan on reasoning with him. You can't reason someone out of a situation they didn't reason themself into. Even if Macman were scum, it'd be easier to catch him in a lie or move him in the direction we wanted; should FF be scum he'd just push for a mislynch and then say he'd done no wrong. The winning move for town vs. FF's playstyle this game is to not give him power, as he will inevitably be a prime lynch target as we get closer to lylo due to his erratic nature and poor foundation. Players like Macman however are much more dangerous as if they are not NKilled they would almost certainly be left alive towards lylo and have much more clout.

Regardless, enough players have just kind of "tossed in" an "I could go for OS" that it'd be easy for scum to lynch me at this point and say they were always for it, just like everyone else; defending myself to pull out scum would not be optimal, especially after Macman and FF have made it clear they are leading the charge. This would allow others to sheep on.

This isn't the first time I'd say "okay, I'll allow my lynch" as town and it won't be the last. I might change my mind after reading, but I've been spending all my time getting this:

So I've had more important things than mafia taking up my time.

Marshy controls my vote again for today. Should there be two mafia alignments, or an indie/secondary mafia that recruits (both a strong possibility given X1's cop role) I'm willing to roll the dice on Marshy's slot for D2.

I will not follow Marshy's vote; it has to be requested directly of me.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yo rajam kuz is scummy cuz of his posts

kevin my bad i am a man of my word

werd @ me having more power

vote vinyl
request os to vote vinyl

Kantrip

Kantplay
Saw kuz wagon. Wanted him to do something. Joined kuz wagon.

I had no case and I feel like neither did marshy. Kuz's slot was just deserving of pressure.

OS' latest post... I don't like it. He spends all of his time alluding to how he's town and so as a result he won't try to fight his lynch because that's what he does as town. While true, that post is also not what he does as town. He should be presenting an alternative to his lynch and not just "giving in". That post is all AtE with nothing town about it. Rather than present scumpicks to us and/or an alternative lynch, he spreads uncertainty about a bunch of players that kicks in LATER in the game. That is a scum move.

I need to decide between these wagons.

Unvote

Kantrip

Kantplay
In Adventure Time, Overswarm was in this situation D1. What he did is tell us we were lynching wrong, tell us who we should be lynching, and then not fighting his lynch otherwise.

Here, he is telling us that he isn't going to fight his lynch because he's town, he's not telling us what to do instead, he's spreading WIFOM for lategame, and he continues to AtE rather than just ignoring it as he did in AT.

Just for the comparison.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote: Vinyl

Here, he is telling us that he isn't going to fight his lynch because he's town, he's not telling us what to do instead, he's spreading WIFOM for lategame, and he continues to AtE rather than just ignoring it as he did in AT.

Just for the comparison.
Did you not read the part about "haven't read yet"? Or the "bought a house"? I'm busy, and I'm not the type to spout stuff off without reading. I feel marshy has the highest odds of leading town towards a solid direction and is also one of the players that needs light shone on him the most, so he gets my vote and will thus be both more visible and more powerful. Good for town, dangerous for scum, and a better use of my vote than me sitting on it without knowing in full what's going on.

Rajam

Smash Champion
ok.

Investigated kafkaesque N1 because I don't like nulls and I wanted to investigate a strong player with low chance of getting NKilled. Got innocent on him (weird considering my results should be mafia or not mafia but whatever I'll assume innocent = not mafia).

Also trying to analyze X1's claim since he claimed cop and not sane cop. My role is simply cop and my sanity isn't guaranteed nor mentioned. I'm guessing X1 didn't claim sane because he didn't know. My main concern is why would Mafia have a cop, and given that X1's flip was in pink color I'm guessing there could be two mafia factions. The absence of NKill could be due to the reasons explained by OS earlier. Another option is 1 mafia faction plus several indies around. X1 not claiming sane plus me not knowing my sanity makes me discard the option of Mafia having a sane cop (aware of his sanity) just to mess around with town.

So in resume I can be sane, naive, random or reverse cop; only thing discarded is paranoid. I also don't care if people want to still pressure / lynch kuz.

Rajam

Smash Champion
ugh, OP says X1 was informed sane cop... I need to rethink things then. Pink color + Mafia having a cop still suggests there could be 2 Mafia factions though

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
There you go Marshy, we have the cop saying Inno on Kuz for now anyways

So roll on Vinyl with me today like you already are :)

Vote Vinyl

CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD

I am Zim!

Smash Rookie
Deadline set for 4/24 at 11:59 PM! With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch!

frozenflame751- (0)
KevinM- (0)
Rajam- (0)
Rockin- (0)
Dark Horse- (0)
Macman- (0)
marshy- (0)
Vinyl.- (6) Rockin, Red Ryu, Vanderzant, Marshy, Overswarm, KevinM
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (0)
th3kuzinator- (1) Macman
J- (0)
Red Ryu- (0)
Orboknown- (1) Rajam
Kantrip- (0)
Vanderzant- (0)
Overswarm- (3) frozenflame751, Dark Horse, J

Not Voting- (5) Orboknown, th3kuzinator, Pink Lemonade, Vinyl., Kantrip

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ff, do you think OS is adapting on purpose to the overall inactivity of the game, or what do you think in general terms of his activity vs. content relation?
I don't care much about OS's activity. Me complaining about anyone's activity is being the pot calling the kettle black anyway. I was just concerned that he had literally said nothing before my last post here on day 2. Now he's saying he has RL johns, and pretty legit ones assuming he's not BSing (not that I think he is), so I'm more sympathetic.

Doesn't mean I don't still think he's a bad guy though. Any thorough read through of D1 will tell you that. Like I said, I don't care much about his activity, though I would concur with the assessment that he seems to be generally less involved in this game than what I'm used to expecting from OS. It's fairly null to me though. I just really don't like his content at all, and you can look back to what Macman and I have said on D1 for my stance on that. He's trying to look like he's doing town these huge favors which aren't as huge as he portrays them to be, or even favors at all.

What makes it even worse is he keeps attacking me via labeling with no actual substance behind them. He calls me "erratic" without substantiation. He says I got to where I am "without reason" which the pages and pages of strong argumentation that everyone was groaning at on D1 can tell you just straight up isn't true. He's trying to undermine my credibility by chipping away at my character without actually engaging with my argument. It's just gross and very bad guy-esque.

Kantrip seems to have a similar idea. I think this is a pretty section of his post:

OS' latest post... I don't like it. He spends all of his time alluding to how he's town and so as a result he won't try to fight his lynch because that's what he does as town. While true, that post is also not what he does as town. He should be presenting an alternative to his lynch and not just "giving in". That post is all AtE with nothing town about it. Rather than present scumpicks to us and/or an alternative lynch, he spreads uncertainty about a bunch of players that kicks in LATER in the game. That is a scum move.
What with people seeming to be pretty sympathetic to OS's resignation and AtE though, I don't see this wagon gaining much steam any time soon.

Unvote: OS
Vote: Vinyl

This puts Vinyl at L-2. I'm good with him claiming.

Top Bottom