• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celebrity Rehab Mafia: Day 5 Begins! Deadline is Monday, May 28th at 11:59 PM EST!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Deadline set for 4/24 at 11:59 PM! With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch!

frozenflame751- (0)
KevinM- (0)
Rajam- (0)
Rockin- (0)
Dark Horse- (0)
Macman- (0)
marshy- (0)
Vinyl.- (3) Rockin, Red Ruy, Macman
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (0)
th3kuzinator- (3) marshy, Dark Horse, Kantrip
J- (0)
Red Ryu- (0)
Orboknown- (0)
Kantrip- (0)
Vanderzant- (0)
Overswarm- (0)

Not Voting- (10) Overswarm, Vanderzant, Orboknown, J, th3kuzinator, Pink Lemonade, Vinyl., Rajam, KevinM, frozenflame751

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
darkhorse, why did you think OS's plan was good? You still haven't answered from the last dayphase.
I initially thought that if he were faking, it would be hard for him not to get caught, as any investigative PRs could have caught him if he were only visiting certain people.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
there are scummier people like OS and Pink and Vinyl. itd be better if he got vigged or started actually committing in this game
Again, I rather not let Kantrip be lynched or Vigged. At this point, it's best if we focused elsewhere.

I understand why you feel OS and Vinyl is scummy, but why Pink?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm sold with Marshy's case, though then again I've already stated suspicon and following a town player like marshy is a good enough reason for me. Look at that scum lynch D1.

I totally agree with Rockin by the by on Kanty not being a person that needs to be lynched/vigged and our resources are better used on other scummy people. Kanty just is....confusing would be the nice way to put it. ^^"

I also am in spirit on the Vinyl wagon but I support the Kuzi wagon moreso.

Vote: th3kuzinator

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm sure vig/SK just didn't kill on N1 to prove they are the former and not the latter. So vig, after we lynch th3scuminator please be on Vinyl lest we have to waste a lynch on him or, worse yet, not waste a lynch on him.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Marshy: having fun is all well and good but I'm gonna need to see SOME semblance of a case against kafk/Kuz before I consider joining that wagon.

@ Vinyl: How the **** do you think Rajam is scum after CCing a claimed cop who ****ing flipped scum? Are you even ****ing reading dude?

@ Rajam: You clearly aren't reading if you're still hung up on me attacking Kantrip. If you still actually think I'm scum for being focus on a few key issues day one, ONE OF WHICH NETTED US SCUM MIND YOU, then you're seriously one of the most useless near confirmed town players ****ing ever. Read the goddamn thread dude.

@ Rockin: I feel much better about Kantrip now knowing that X1 was scum. Don't see them as scum together, so I'm putting that pursuit to rest. Kantrip is not a play atm IMO

@ OS: Truefax @ X1s flip helping us out in that we now can pretty reliably assume that if and when Rajam flips we'll get to see his sanity and thus, more easily determine concrete info from any investigations he gets.

@ Everyone: For one, I wanna say that I have a feeling that that X1's role of sane mafia cop suggests probably one of two things.

1.) He could actually use his ability for a pro scum agenda, which is finding independents if he really did get results that were strictly "town" or "not town" (I know this has been mentioned, just saying I agree it is a likely purpose)

2.) There is some type of town or independent Role Cop/Stalker-esque ability in this game that may reveal role powers or role names but not include the alignment part. If this were the case, such a role would probably have gotten "Sane Cop" as a result and thus, X1's role would actually serve him well defensively if such a role existed. THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU HAVE THIS POWER YOU NEED TO BE WARY ABOUT WHAT CONCLUSIONS YOU DRAW FROM RESULTS YOU GET. Obviously if such a role exists, Gorf deliberately gave the scum powers that would sound/look town to anyone who came across ONLY role info without alignment attached. Just something to consider.

Personally, I'd like to get some steam behind the OS wagon again. I think Macman's and my concurring analysis still stands, and OS remains one of the scummiest players in the game atm.

Vote: OS

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I love toDay and toDay's wagons because I am content with all of them. I just feel like we need pressure on Kuzi's slot the most especially considering what has been done.

@FF: Have you read what I've posted against them? It may give you some sort of insight.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Colour me surprised at x1 flipping freaking Mafia Cop. Anyway, his flip makes me feel comfier with Frozen/Kantrip considering the argument between those 3 on Day 1, and I've also got a J town read based on this.

His whole push against FF reeks HIGHLY of discreditation, for example, his argument that Zen wouldn't push himself into the spotlight if he was scum here and here. He's blatantly using it as ammunition to justify his vote on FF, which leads me to believe that he's doing it from a position of scum knowledge. If his point as scum is to put suspicion on FF, why would x1 try to discredit FF with info he knows to be false in the first place? Ofc it's still possible, but it's not something I see him doing.

This is similar to the way in which he blatantly defended Kantrip against FF's accusations. I won't quote because it was VERY blatant, but I do feel a lot better about Kantrip now that we've got x1's flip (even if I still can't see a lot of his logic).

Other than that I didn't get too much from rereading him, because apart from a vote on Chaco it's just the Cop claim shenanigans. I still stand by that the early wagon on Inferno was dumb and bad, however it's hard to gauge intent from it because there was next to no reasoning given.

I don't agree with the point FF made about Marshy being town for pushing for a x1 lynch without a claim, it's WIFOM because he (or other theoretical scum buds) would look good whether x1 was lynched or not. This is especially in light of x1 actually being a Cop, because he was claiming his actual role and hoping for the best, as opposed to a gambit to out the real Cop before he died.

Of all those that were on the early wagon, I still don't like RR because as I pointed out yesterDay, he basically got on the inferno wagon after he replaced out (before x1 replaced in) and it's literally just sat there with no follow up to x1 on his behalf. Not gonna repeat myself to condense this post but my opinion of this still stands.

Onto other things, I'm fine with OS dieing toDay. I agree with Mac's point on OS about suggesting he should be a cop target assuming no CC.

Vinyl lynch is still ok with me.

so you are going to vote someone who is not here for a half a week

why dont you vote scuminator with me
Don't see why kuz is a play outside of being a non presence? Why not Vinyl/Orbo/Rockin/anyone I'm forgetting who are were equally bad? Premptive @J: I'll go back and read your case yesterday, but from memory I was ok with Kafk's play.

Vote: Red Ryu

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
marshy what do you think of frozen's behavior D1
frozens d1 play proves that he is not a play today. you oughta place your vote elsewhere as fast as possible

im having difficulty rationalizing you shooting for frozen as scum early in this day phase
vinyl is a better play than os? feel free to ignore this if its a bad question. IS this a bad question?

red ryu is on a mission to impede progress this game. he consistently throws scum softballs out of dying by asking for cases and claims. currently think hes dumb over scum atm

j regarding your question id say kuzis buddies are...actually i dont want to answer this just yet

#HBC | Gorf

Deadline set for 4/24 at 11:59 PM! With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch!

frozenflame751- (0)
KevinM- (0)
Rajam- (0)
Rockin- (0)
Dark Horse- (0)
Macman- (0)
marshy- (0)
Vinyl.- (2) Rockin, Red Ruy
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (0)
th3kuzinator- (4) marshy, Dark Horse, Kantrip, J
J- (0)
Red Ryu- (1) Vanderzant
Orboknown- (0)
Kantrip- (0)
Vanderzant- (0)
Overswarm- (2) frozenflame751, Macman

Not Voting- (7) Overswarm, Orboknown, th3kuzinator, Pink Lemonade, Vinyl., Rajam, KevinM

By the way, I am giving certain leeway activity wise to those college students who have contacted me regarding finals, who are so far th3kuzinator and both sides of Pink Lemonade, so prods on those players will be few and far between.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@Those going back to find my "case": I felt kind of rude saying that you guys should go back and find it yourself so I got it myself. ^^"

J said:
Well I don't have that much enlightening things to say besides one read which is Kafkaesque(I cannot get saying this name enough), so I'll explain that one first. My gut is shouting to me that they are scum because I feel that most of what they have posted have been purely null and I don't like that fact especially when it feels like its the Swords side of the hydra doing a majority of the posting. His picks for vigging were just weird and I don't get why he picked Macman/Marshy, he says because they are unhelpful but what about Orbo or Rajam or even myself for being a non-presence. I also do not care for his voting history this game of the first one being OS for shallow reasoning against him that someone called them out on and then their most current suspicions just line up with popular thought all of a sudden with Chaco/Rockin suspicion. The thing I dislike the most about this slot would be how they have not really gotten their hands dirty yet, but they have said things/done light actions. Nothing from them seem to be "good" enough (if you understand where I coming with that wording) this game. I don't have much to go on to call them scum but I want to. However, there is really not enough time in the day phase to vote them and would be haphazard to do as such so they just get an FoS from me.

FoS: Kafkaesque

Which actually is a perfect way to fit my suspicion on them. Its there but not enough to warrant a vote.
@DH: I do not like your constant flip-flopping on whatever seems popular. You were the sheep of the X1 wagon for no reason of your own and you just followed Marshy and now you are on the OS wagon for a ??? reason. Can you explain your vote?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
X1 I had voted for because he had been CC'd by Rajam, who I liked more than X1.

OS because Kuz is going to be V/La for a bit.

Mostly because of how OS really did not want the cop to CC, which would have probably resulted in X1's lynch (as it did.) In addition, if OS was X1's scumbuddy, cop not CC'ing and OS directing would have been perfect.

#HBC | Gorf

[glow]Effective Immediately: All posts by the mod will utilize the GLOW EFFECT. And yes, this is awesome enough to receive its own post.[/glow]

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Thx J I'll read it in a few hours.

Marshy I'm not just looking at Kuz or whomever i vote when i ask for it, there are connections i wanna draw.

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Here is Kafka's response to my suspicion on him and a little response from myself back and him.

J: I honestly think you're suspicion on me is lame, as you basically just threw the whole book of scumtells at me. You're accusing me of playing "safe," but there's nothing I can really say to this besides that I've been inactive, and so when I do post a lot of work has been done for me. Yes, it just so happens that someone else saids something before me, but so what? If I agree with someone then I'm going to say it.

Also fyi I didn't like Chaco since the beginning of the game, pretty much before anyone else.

Also I did admit that OS vote was bad already.

My vig picks are totally legit. Sure you can say that I'm leaving doors open but honestly it's just because a lot of this game really is vig fodder. I mean, look at my vig picks and tell me that they don't all qualify for a vigging.

You're right about Oboknown. I forgot about him, so he can indeed be vigged.

I though Rajam was going to catch up toDay, which is why I excused him. However, he's indeed still far behind.

So yeah, actually I will change my picks for vig: Rajam OR Oboknown (better to get rid of total inactives) > Marshy/Macamn.
Can you quote me to you being the first to suspect Chaco in the beginning of the game? And even if you admit it was bad does not really change it.

They don't all qualify for a vigging. Marshy/Macman don't because they have been giving us things, I would say moreso to vigging Chaco's slot and lynching someone like Kanty for toDay, however, in terms of inactivity I would definitely say Rajam/Orbo and not really having the other two in the equation.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vanz, if X1 flipped scum where does that put me?

If you continue to push a stance of my reasoning for voting Inferno/X1 was bad I'm going to ask you to revaluate yourself.

Inferno starts with this instant vote on me over a reasoning of, "I wanted a PL on Axel" He puts bland reasoning that "town won the game so why are you voting him" and then admits he doesn't know the context of what happened.

Then he places a vote on Joey after two others players do with his own terrible reaching reasoning. It looked horribly oppotunistic.

X1's play, eh I honestly didn't read into him much like i should have and just rode the Inferno play as a reason, i also has irl johns but oh well.

Then the cop situation, liked Rajam far more than the X1 slot. So i revoted.

-

Rockin the reason why i didn't like some of your posts, more so at the PL stuff, was because it was such a standard answer, a front to look transparently townie.

Joey did more than that he offered an alternative while also acknowledging that i wanted a PL and showing his disapproval of it, a couple people went out of the box there.

Your answer and some others rubbed me the wrong way.

:phone:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
actually

vote: kuz

@marshigio, OS is the only real person I think I have a legit read on. but I could be wrong as J said, it could be a null tell for OS. everyone else (darkhorse/vinyl/PL) are dumb/scum and should die

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Vanz, if X1 flipped scum where does that put me?

If you continue to push a stance of my reasoning for voting Inferno/X1 was bad I'm going to ask you to revaluate yourself.

Inferno starts with this instant vote on me over a reasoning of, "I wanted a PL on Axel" He puts bland reasoning that "town won the game so why are you voting him" and then admits he doesn't know the context of what happened.

Then he places a vote on Joey after two others players do with his own terrible reaching reasoning. It looked horribly oppotunistic.

X1's play, eh I honestly didn't read into him much like i should have and just rode the Inferno play as a reason, i also has irl johns but oh well.

Then the cop situation, liked Rajam far more than the X1 slot. So i revoted.
See, this is basically what it boils down to. I don't think Inferno was as scummy as you're making him out to be, and you basically didn't say anything about x1 prior to the claim, but still posted about other non related stuff. But then as you say, you had irl johns so I don't even know if this is worth pursuing :c. I'm gonna drop it for now on the premises that you give me some more reads to work with. Can you tell me what you think of Kantrip/J? And also if you saw anything scummy out of X1's connections from yesterday?

@J: I sort of see where you're coming from, however there isn't much concrete (mostly vibes) so I'd like to see more input from kuz before I join you there.

@Vinyl: Have you read up? Where are your reads?

Unvote Vote Vinyl

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't agree with the point FF made about Marshy being town for pushing for a x1 lynch without a claim, it's WIFOM because he (or other theoretical scum buds) would look good whether x1 was lynched or not. This is especially in light of x1 actually being a Cop, because he was claiming his actual role and hoping for the best, as opposed to a gambit to out the real Cop before he died.
How is Marshy belligerently arguing for a quick lynch of X1 without him even claiming WIFOM? I seriously don't understand that argument.

My point was, that if marshy was scum, he would have known that X1's claim was going to be cop. He would not have known if he could be CC'd, but that's beside the point. If I were scum watching my partner about to be lynched, I'd want to get at least something out of it. From scum's perspective, X1 not claiming and still getting lynched is a completely loss. At the very least, claiming cop could buy him a day or two to live (like OS's plan would have allowed for, and potentially allowed X1 to mislead us) or even draw out the town cop's CC. Both of these offer some form of benefit for scum.

Marshy was pushing to cut all that out completely. He want a quick lynch sans claim. I find that to be a pretty strange scum agenda.

So yeah, I really don't see the WIFOM argument without further explanation of what exactly you mean.

@ J: Thanks for post 1062. I guess I understand your stance a bit better but that post doesn't really give me a good insight into what exactly you thought was so scummy. I see a lot of characterizations of what Kafk was doing but I see zero actual substantive analysis about the actual text. You just describe what he has done/said but you don't give us any insight into what EXACTLY he said in particular that makes him deserving of those accusations. That's very shallow argumentation and it's no where near enough to convince me he's a good play today.

actually

vote: kuz

@marshigio, OS is the only real person I think I have a legit read on. but I could be wrong as J said, it could be a null tell for OS. everyone else (darkhorse/vinyl/PL) are dumb/scum and should die
=(

I really don't see how OS putting himself in a position that better serves his own self interest and survival more than actually providing the town with good info (which he himself claimed HE also wanted, mind you. An investigation on him does absolutely nothing in that department, from his perspective. He already knows his alignment), is a "null tell" for him. Like, how can anyone have an exception to that scummyness? I don't see it.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i completely feel you OS,

maybe J can point out other games from which he derived this OS meta. But I can see town putting himself on the drawing board in order to prove that he has no vested/hidden interest in his plan so that his town would decide to follow the plan. This is of course a stretch and I'd be more inclined to see it this way if the plan had any semblance of legitimacy... but it doesn't so I still get a strong scum sense from OS.

consider me on the OS wagon in spirit, But i Just wanna see how this kuz wagon plays out

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Declaring V/LA from now till Sunday (April 22) due to Hell Week/Performances

Sorry guys but I'm going to be gone for quite some time due to the musical I'm in coming up but I am still going to try and make a post or two a night to remain caught up. However, I just won't be a drive anymore because I am going to be too busy.

@FF/Vandy: I agree with you two completely and it does rely mainly on my gut but I am happy that you two do see where I am coming from with that. I will try and flesh it out into more concrete feelings when I come back but in the meantime I would suggest going of Kafka's posts again.

@Macman: I guess a recent example I can think of would be one of Majora's Mask Mafia *the second one* and Adventure Time Mafia.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
How is Marshy belligerently arguing for a quick lynch of X1 without him even claiming WIFOM? I seriously don't understand that argument.

My point was, that if marshy was scum, he would have known that X1's claim was going to be cop. He would not have known if he could be CC'd, but that's beside the point. If I were scum watching my partner about to be lynched, I'd want to get at least something out of it. From scum's perspective, X1 not claiming and still getting lynched is a completely loss. At the very least, claiming cop could buy him a day or two to live (like OS's plan would have allowed for, and potentially allowed X1 to mislead us) or even draw out the town cop's CC. Both of these offer some form of benefit for scum.

Marshy was pushing to cut all that out completely. He want a quick lynch sans claim. I find that to be a pretty strange scum agenda.

So yeah, I really don't see the WIFOM argument without further explanation of what exactly you mean.
The way I see it, Scumarshy would still stand to gain from an x1 quick lynch, i.e. he'd look good for being on the wagon of scum. It's not as if Marshy quick hammered him before he claimed, and I think it's naive to assume Scumarshy wouldn't stick to his guns on lynching x1, especially considering the rest of Town were generally opposed to lynching x1 before a claim. And lynching before a claim just generally doesn't happen.

If he's scum, x1 getting quick lynched isn't in the best interests of scum, but he would still look good on his flip. Add to this, marshy did switch to Vinyl after x1's claim, so it's not as if he didn't back down once a claim was out there. I just don't see it as evidence enough to clear Marshy based on this, when the likelihood of x1 being quick lynched was very low anyway, and Marshy could benefit from either scenario.

If marshy'd hammered x1 before a claim and he'd we'd seen x1 flip mafia cop, that'd be different, but I'm not willing to clear him on a stance I think he could reasonably assume regardless of alignment.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have no clue what compelled me but I just re-read the entire game and came to a revelation.

OS needs to get gone toDay. Here are just a few bullets for why I'm changing my vote.

~No scum-hunting from him whatsoever
~His posts mainly revolve around mechanics/armchair critiquing
~His incessant wanting of the cop to not CC for god knows why, seems like a way to defend X1
~Never voiced any suspicion of X1 and merely just played it off, he also did the same with the suspicion heading his way. More or less just called the people on him (Macman/FF/Marshy/Myself) dumb/silly/etc.
~His posts this game have been utterly useless yet he continues to be here. Basically he is just fluff-posting his way through this game without giving much for town besides hypothetical plans that are fundamentally flawed as shown by the lynch D1.
~His voting pattern has stunk this game from it being voting Myself due to Zen replacing out, his KevinM vote which did not make sense, then followed by his PL vote which was haphazardly done and just completely wrong.
~X1-12 had the weirdest town-read on OS that seemed like he was trying to force himself to try and develop a town-read on OS when he never really got the chance. *Someone brought this up as weird and I believe it was Vandy or Kafka* X1's interactions with OS seemed forced/trying too hard.

So yeah I ask others to please join me on the OS wagon with others for toDay. My Kafka suspicion is not really here anymore because I was reading his posts and I just cannot see him as obvscum like marshy has gotten but its like I would really like to investigate that slot moreso. They are just mindnumbingly null and I want that to change so badly.

One read that is slightly changing for me is PL. They had a very weird town read on X1 throughout the day-phase and there was also a conversation between Vandy/X1 where PL said he was voting his town-read X1 just because he didn't think there was a better choice *when there was still the Kanty/Vinyl wagon there* and he has just avoided the X1-Inferno things this game and kind of focused his attention onto tunneling Vandy's slot and not really doing much this game other than that. His town-read on X1 just does not look right when he said he liked X1 for certain reasons but never elaborated like Vandy had done. His overall play has had me believing he is town this game but with an X1-InfernoScum flip, I am looking at them with a much more wary eye. They have replaced Kafka as my FoS because there are actually more concrete things to go off of rather than gut.

FoS: Pink Lemonade

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu, this is what I was refering to

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14297629&postcount=526

you havn't even given much of a answer after your reread of both me and Chaco (unless your opinion about us has changed)
what are you saying about me and kantrip here

btw who are your scumbuddies

red ryu mafia sane cop doesnt mean we have other factions. it couldve been placed into the setup to punish town for stupidly giving a free pass to a player just cuz of his claim which sadly did turn out to be the case

on vinyl wagon in spirit

fos vinyl
See, this is basically what it boils down to. I don't think Inferno was as scummy as you're making him out to be, and you basically didn't say anything about x1 prior to the claim, but still posted about other non related stuff. But then as you say, you had irl johns so I don't even know if this is worth pursuing :c. I'm gonna drop it for now on the premises that you give me some more reads to work with. Can you tell me what you think of Kantrip/J? And also if you saw anything scummy out of X1's connections from yesterday?
Oh on the contrary, I think those two points were fair worse than what anyone else did.

I understand I said nothing, I could say my calc exam or how I was preping for going to Vengence around then, even people in DGames can vouch I was there.

But I understand the skepticism.

Now as for Kantrip better, why? Because of how he X1 treated him, staged? Nah I know Kantrip staging that was our scum team game plan in FFT, he pulls his punches a few times in terms of emotion, don;t really see it here even more so how aggressive X1 was, doesn't fit it for me.

J I want to me my Best Friend Forever this game as town buddies. Can't see J scum from what he posted.

X1, working on it, I'm doing a full reread and cataloging interactions X1 did.

Top Bottom