• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
HEY.

Some people have legit questions. And they're getting ignored because of this bull****.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Jebailey, I have been thinking of another possible issue that needs to be assured right now.

If smashers are entering singles only, which is on Saturday, do they have to show up Friday for badge purchase and signups or can they do so on Saturday before the Smash events begin?

Just asking because I think some players are possibly going to do this and I don't want them to be confused and not be able to participate at this.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Jebailey, I have been thinking of another possible issue that needs to be assured right now.

If smashers are entering singles only, which is on Saturday, do they have to show up Friday for badge purchase and signups or can they do so on Saturday before the Smash events begin?

Just asking because I think some players are possibly going to do this and I don't want them to be confused and not be able to participate at this.
This is my case bro and I would very much like to know that answer.
If I have to show up on Friday, I'm fuuuuucked.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
The problem with allowing smashers to show up and pay for badges on Saturday is the fact that the registration office will be closed since there are no acceptions for all the other games.
The only way possible to allow brawl players to come Saturday is if you dtorre are personally ready to be outside and take signups and Payment for their badges. If you're ok with this responsibility then I'll allow it. But those signups MUST be completed before 1 pm since brawl starts at 3 pm. Did I make any sense?

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
The problem with allowing smashers to show up and pay for badges on Saturday is the fact that the registration office will be closed since there are no acceptions for all the other games.
The only way possible to allow brawl players to come Saturday is if you dtorre are personally ready to be outside and take signups and Payment for their badges. If you're ok with this responsibility then I'll allow it. But those signups MUST be completed before 1 pm since brawl starts at 3 pm. Did I make any sense?

makes sense. I have a little lockbox with a key we can use for registration david

what time can we start registration on saturday, and what time does the place close saturday?

jebailey, is there internet at the venue, as far as wifi? just curious

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ah ok. just curious

i wasnt even worried about a stream since the SIIS is the same day and would get most national attention stream wise. our stream would be only for FL really

i mean, if my 3g/4g signal isnt too ****ty inside the hotel i can use my phone for internet if we really want to...

btw garret, if david doesnt already have a laptop or anyone else, can I use your laptop for bracket making and whatnot? ill promise to take epic care of it

i think imma have singles registration end like around losers quarters of dubs, maybe earlier. I want to have time to make pools for singles/have it seeded pretty good so it can start essentially right after dubs, depending on what time we gotta be out saturday. once we get to a bracket, 4 TVs is decent for a bracket up to about 36-48, 6 TVs would make it super easy mode :laugh:

I think I'll take a lesson from how jebailey does things at this tourney. I think i want to host a national for smash someday in Orlando.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Pretty much why there's no Smash Stream at CEO, cause of the other event in Ohio getting more coverage. Sorry about that guys. The Internet is costing me 750 for the weekend and that will be dedicated to Team Spooky of the stream Fighter world so having another stream would lower the quality of that. If your phone can handle it stream the Smash on your own. You guys can record all you want though for yourselves and do whatever if anyone wants to setup a recording station.

The Room is open at 9 am on Saturday So you could start Smash Signups for last minute Saturday people then. Room Closes on Saturday. If somehow you can't finish on Saturday and people are still staying for Sunday you can finish Sunday afternoon starting at 1 pm. From 11 to 1 pm is the Movie Screening of the King of Chinatown so no games will be allowed for that time frame.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Pretty much why there's no Smash Stream at CEO, cause of the other event in Ohio getting more coverage. Sorry about that guys. The Internet is costing me 750 for the weekend and that will be dedicated to Team Spooky of the stream Fighter world so having another stream would lower the quality of that. If your phone can handle it stream the Smash on your own. You guys can record all you want though for yourselves and do whatever if anyone wants to setup a recording station.

The Room is open at 9 am on Saturday So you could start Smash Signups for last minute Saturday people then. Room Closes on Saturday. If somehow you can't finish on Saturday and people are still staying for Sunday you can finish Sunday afternoon starting at 1 pm. From 11 to 1 pm is the Movie Screening of the King of Chinatown so no games will be allowed for that time frame.
yea no prob about the stream, i understand.

Id probably want to start signups/friendlies early early on like right at door opening time, 10am at the latest. Some minion will have to bring me breakfast if i dont get it myself beforehand :laugh:

I got sprint so as long as the signal is legit, i got no problem using it to stream something up for the sake of florida. i think the sprint 4g coverage is better near that area of orlando anyway. Since smashers are paying so much (in comparison to other tourneys i mean, not really that much in general in regards to the caliber of tourney) I really want to do pools at least for singles. Of course I'll aim to end everything saturday, but what time does it close saturday, just so I know what im working with? Also, if you end up having any extra power strips or extension cables it will be greatly appreciated. I have a few of each but any extra always helps

btw have you used the new TIO? lol its terrible, but then again i last saw it in March

Edit: can we start dubs earlier? like 2pm instead of 3

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hm.
40 bucks.

Will i be entering any other tourneys in june....
will i make bank in Vegas?
Will i go to CEO?

tune in and find out.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

I'm down with that. I'll let HungryBox know about this.

makes sense. I have a little lockbox with a key we can use for registration david
Sweet. We will have to use it for both Brawl and Melee. I have to let Hungrybox and Neil know.

btw garret, if david doesnt already have a laptop or anyone else, can I use your laptop for bracket making and whatnot? ill promise to take epic care of it

i think imma have singles registration end like around losers quarters of dubs, maybe earlier. I want to have time to make pools for singles/have it seeded pretty good so it can start essentially right after dubs, depending on what time we gotta be out saturday. once we get to a bracket, 4 TVs is decent for a bracket up to about 36-48, 6 TVs would make it super easy mode :laugh:

I think I'll take a lesson from how jebailey does things at this tourney. I think i want to host a national for smash someday in Orlando.
No need for Garret to bring his laptop. I already have mine.

As far as registration, you do know that dubs is completely on Friday right?

Tentative schedule

Friday, June 10th

10 AM - Doors open; Registration begins
7 PM - Melee and Brawl Teams begins (with Finals Friday Night)

Saturday, June 11th

9 AM - Doors open
11 AM - Melee Singles begins
3 PM - Brawl Singles begins

From the CEO 2011 Schedule Page (http://ceogaming.org/schedule)

For those interested in other games, I'd suggest you take a look at that link.
Saturday, Melee starts at 11 am and Brawl starts at 3 pm. We'll have late registration for singles on Saturday morning. Brawl singles will be easy to register as we will have from 9 am to 1 pm. Melee will be a different story. Since Melee singles starts at 11 am we only have 9 to 11 am for late signups. We could push Melee to start at Noon. I'll ask HungryBox about this too.

Edit: can we start dubs earlier? like 2pm instead of 3
Dubs starts at 7pm, on Friday.

Hm.
40 bucks.

Will i be entering any other tourneys in june....
will i make bank in Vegas?
Will i go to CEO?

tune in and find out.
Hope you can come.

Hes not going you heard it here first.
Way to support the community.

hm, sure I can bring tio.

:rosalina:
You can bring your laptop for other stuff, but mine will be used for the tourney.

HungryBox, bring your laptop too so you can make Melee Brackets and I can make Brawl Brackets on mine.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh dubs is on friday? i thought we were aiming to do all brawl saturday (dubs and singles)

in that case, wont be making it to dubs friday night cause ill be at work.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Aside from you and Bloodcross (who's not even going anymore), no one else answered if they wanted Smash completely on Saturday.

If we're gonna do Smash completely on Saturday, both games are gonna have to start on 12 noontime. Registration will be from like 9 to 11 am and there will not be any forgiving period after. Players have Friday from 10 am to 5 pm, and Saturday from 9 am to 11 am to register.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay :D

Smash is really the only fighter i've ever played.
My friend Aaron (Dice) is teaching me how to play 2-d fighters. The whole Dragonpunch, holding back to shield, assist, xfactors are so annoying to try to learn :glare:

But i'm determined :D

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Haha. I played SF2, but not competivtely. Just with my sister as a kid :cool: Hahaha.

I'm REALLLY bad, but next time we see each other maybe you can give me tips.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I will be here....

Wearing a RAINBOW of colors

and DASHing

While singing that SONIC RAINBOOM song

#WIN

:sonic:

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I learn how to play Thor too. We should do thor dittos. I found a way to host games in Live using player matches. That might help our connection problems.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Aside from you and Bloodcross (who's not even going anymore), no one else answered if they wanted Smash completely on Saturday.

If we're gonna do Smash completely on Saturday, both games are gonna have to start on 12 noontime. Registration will be from like 9 to 11 am and there will not be any forgiving period after. Players have Friday from 10 am to 5 pm, and Saturday from 9 am to 11 am to register.
I say just do singles on saturday.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Well like I said dubs on Friday I wont be able to participate

Maybe we should take a vote from you guys

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Well we don't have THAT much time left lol we gotta decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom